Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton agree 3 year agreement with First Touch Games

Comments

• Options

Charlton are delighted to announce a three-year agreement with global gaming developers First Touch Games.

The deal will allow the club the reach a global audience, with the club’s kits and partners appearing in a planned new football game to be published by the developer in 2021. As well as the popular Score! Hero game, FTG publish other highly popular free to play football titles including, Dream League Soccer and Score! Match.

With over 850 million downloads to date in more than 100 countries, the partnership provides a further global platform for club.

The club's Commercial Director, Wayne Mumford, said: “We are very excited about the partnership with First Touch Games. Thomas Sandgaard [the club’s owner] has spoken about his desire to see the club’s brand grow globally, as well as locally. First Touch Games has a huge audience and this partnership will increase the global reach of the club and its partners.”

COO of First Touch Games, Gino Magnotta, said: “Charlton are a big club and we are very pleased to be partnering the club at such an exciting time in their impressive history.

“Making the highest quality football games and knowing that millions enjoy playing them every day is what motivates us. We are delighted to be partnering with Charlton Athletic to extend the profile and development of our football games for many years to come.” 

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Love their games. This is such a bizarre partnership though, no idea where they’re going with this
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Having played both Score Hero and Dream League Soccer I am very interested to see how they use our brand for any futute games
  • Options
    Has the guy on the left just randomly shaved the right hand side of his head?
  • Options
    Love their games. This is such a bizarre partnership though, no idea where they’re going with this
    Be very interesting to see what comes of this , especially as none of their games are currently officially licensed. Have lost many hours to Score Hero. 
  • Options
    Very shrewd move by Tommy S to me. Boosts the brand and increases revenue in one fell swoop with little to no effort or overheads on our end. 

Did anyone else notice that the press release also made a point of " Thomas Sandgaard [the club’s owner] "? - I read that as a bit of a gibe at Messers Elliot + Farnell (absolutely not owners of anything anyone gives a toss about), or am I reading too much into this?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich have agreed similar deals
  • Options
    I guess the worldwide sales will only increase the ‘Charlton’ brand name across the globe. If we are fully licensed in their games, then perhaps we might gain some extra supporters in Asia etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having played both Score Hero and Dream League Soccer I am very interested to see how they use our brand for any futute games
    Imagine you’ll be able to select your club and play in a licensed kit/stadium etc. Would be very cool if that’s the case.
  • Options
    It's right there:
    Thomas Sandgaard has spoken about his desire to see the club’s brand grow globally, as well as locally. First Touch Games has a huge audience and this partnership will increase the global reach of the club and its partners.”
  • Options
    Hope they get Jason Euell to advertise it.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    MattF said:
    Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich have agreed similar deals
    And Millwall
  • Options
    And Brighton
  • Options
    Being a luddite I've never heard of any of the games mentioned or how you get to play them or download them.
    Are they popular? Do we make money out of them?
  • Options
    The Score! games are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine 
  • Options
    The first Score! game had licensed teams (of the Real Madrid, Liverpool level), you recreated famous historical goals, and the licensed one was goals from the preceding season. Presume something similar planned
  • Options
    Is it like playing chess?
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    I know nothing about this "game" ? I have absolutely no interest in playing games on a computer/phone. It all means nothing to me but can you explain why you hope they get Jason Euell to advertise this ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I look forward to my star player signing for Charlton in the near future !
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Has the guy on the left just randomly shaved the right hand side of his head?
    Dunno, but it looks like Sting, so it could be a receding hairline. 
    Liam from The Prodigy in the middle, & the bloke from American Pickers on the right too! 

Looks like this company are going to promote with some big names! ;-)
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Is it like playing chess?
    Just like playing chess - your significant other ignores you and thinks you're sad.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's right there:
    Thomas Sandgaard has spoken about his desire to see the club’s brand grow globally, as well as locally. First Touch Games has a huge audience and this partnership will increase the global reach of the club and its partners.”
    That doesn’t mean anything, it’s just generic marketing jargon about growing a brand and how big First Touch Games’ audience is worldwide. 

I’m talking about what will they tangibly do with this partnership and how will the club be integrated within their games 
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    I know nothing about this "game" ? I have absolutely no interest in playing games on a computer/phone. It all means nothing to me but can you explain why you hope they get Jason Euell to advertise this ?
    I would assume it’s a tongue in cheek comment re first touch and Jason ‘second touch is a tackle’ Euell?!?
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    I would assume it’s a tongue in cheek comment re first touch and Jason ‘second touch is a tackle’ Euell?!?
    Haha clever never entered my head, I was too busy thinking WTF is this all about :smiley: Thanks SA