Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anglo Italian Cup Shirts

Interesting donation from the interpreter used by Charlton for the 1993 Anglo-Italian Cup games.

What looks like a match issued Ascoli shirt.

Comments

• Options
    These two go nicely with the Brescia and Ancona shirts we already had in the Museum

• Options
    From memory there were 5 subs each side when you reached the 'Itallian' stage, maybe that's what Serie B had at the time, or to make it feel like a proper European competition!
  • Options
    There would've been a number 16.
    Believe the one I have from the Ascoli game is McLeary's. 
  • Options
    Fake shirts as there’s no Spanish national flag 😉
  • Options
    I've got one Carlo threw to me after the game but it was a spare, not the one he wore.
  • Options
    I've got one Carlo threw to me after the game but it was a spare, not the one he wore.
    Still a cracking souvenir.
  • Options
    That Brescia shirt is beautiful 
  • Options
    I swapped my scarf with a Breschia fan. It stank to high heaven ☹️
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I should make this clear, it's one of several non-player-specific shirts the players threw over the fence at the Ancona game.  Still nice to have and over the years I've got quite a few players' autographs on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    I swapped my scarf with a Breschia fan. It stank to high heaven ☹️
    The fan or the scarf?

And if the scarf, yours or theirs?
  • Options
    Brescia scarf stank 
  • Options
    That is class! Very niche. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Solidgone said:
    Brescia scarf stank 
    Fags and wet dogs? There was a bloke who I used to have a season ticket next to in the upper north who smelt like that. I ended up switching seats in the end.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Solidgone said:
    Brescia scarf stank 
    Fags and wet dogs? There was a bloke who I used to have a season ticket next to in the upper north who smelt like that. I ended up switching seats in the end.
    I think @T_C_E has packed up smoking now.