Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton Albion - several players and staff test positive for Covid19

Comments

• Options
    I bet we don't 
  • Options
    If this game gets postponed I'm glad we brought the Ipswich game forward. 
    Last thing we need is a fixture pile up. 
  • Options
    It won't just be us affected anyway, they play Hull this Saturday first

This will happen all winter, we were lucky(?) that when Chuks tested positive it hadn't spread across the squad and management
  • Options
    Nottingham had been one of the worst areas for positive cases in October. At one point thay had 10 times the amount of positive cases per 100,000 than Bromley or Sevenoaks.
  • Options
    Several players and staff, that could be 4! Why is their game called off? They should play their u-23’s or u-18’s. Or start with 10 men!

the Doncaster ladies manager took charge of their cup game as their coaching staff were isolating. 

There doesn’t seem to be any clear guidance in when games can be called off 
  • Options
    Several players and staff, that could be 4! Why is their game called off? They should play their u-23’s or u-18’s. Or start with 10 men!

the Doncaster ladies manager took charge of their cup game as their coaching staff were isolating. 

There doesn’t seem to be any clear guidance in when games can be called off 
    Is everyone around the team tested? Otherwise wouldn't the games be called off as other staff/players have to self isolate.

Otherwise what's the quota of players called up to an international game for a game be postponed. Could it be the same as that? 
  • Options
    I know the UEFA rules are that you still have to play if you have 13 or more of your squad available. Not sure if the EFL came up with similar rules 
  • Options
    I might be wrong here because I can’t be bothered to check the facts but I think Grimsby called a game off because two players tested positive! Unless they had another 10 isolating, that number seems low
  • Options
    That report says that none of their squad who played Fulham U21s on Tuesday night tested positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What are the rules rules about self-isolating if tested negative at the same time an associate is tested negative? To my mind, anyone in this situation should have to wait a certain period before having a retest. This to ensure that they aren't just a bit behind on the same curve.  That may not be the law or part of the FA/FL rules, though.  
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hull v Burton is going ahead this weekend

EFL are happy that protocols have been met from Burton which is impressive as they're rooted to the bottom of the table so could have used the excuse to get the Hull and Charlton games moved to a better time for them
  • Options
    Breaking: #hcafc’s home game on Saturday will go ahead despite Burton’s COVID problems.
    6 players and 5 staff have tested positive with a further 6 players self-isolating.

Good news for Hull, their game goes ahead, and against a side missing TWELVE players. Not sure how that maintains the integrity of the league?
  • Options
    Puts a bit of pressure on Hull!