Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Graham Cowdrey

Kent Cricket is devastated to learn of the passing of our much loved former player, Graham Cowdrey, at the age of 56 after a short illness. 

Very good player for Kent. Thoughts are with family and friends. Really has been a shit year. 

Comments

• Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    OMG....that is really sad. Saw him get a hundred against the Windies at Canterbury in a (failed) run chase, and always liked him.  RIP 
  • Options
    Good God!
    RIP......Graham......RIP.
  • Options
    Desperately sad news, RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    My thoughts are with the Cowdrey family at this desperately sad time.
  • Options
    That's awful news. The older generations of my family knew the Cowdrey's really well. They're going to be really cut up by this. RIP.
  • Options
    No way. This is awful. So young. RIP. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Christ that’s sad and shocking. Bit before my time, but I remember reading in an autobiography of a former Kent player saying that graham was a bit of a laugh and the dressing room clown. Didn’t take things too seriously especially who his father and brother was. A very talented cricketer too. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow enjoyed watching many of his innings, sadly this one is over too. RIP.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Sad news a great player. He loved batting with Harry DeSilva 
  • Options
    What terrible news, far to young. RIP
  • Options
    Terrible news. RIP.
  • Options
    That is a shock, so young. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP, very sad news
  • Options
    Just so very sad.
    RIP Graham ❤️
  • Options
    That's awful news and a real shock at such a young age.

Steve Marsh spoke with real affection of his humour in his autobiography and on the field he was an excellent one day player and a competent player in the longer form too.

RIP Graham.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP.
    Very sad.
  • Options
    RIP Graham
  • Options
    Blimey, so young. RIP Graham. 
  • Options
    Kent to his bones.

Terribly sad.

RIP Graham
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Jeez, what tragic news. That twinkle in his eye extinguished far too young. RIP 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    That's awful news and a real shock at such a young age.

Steve Marsh spoke with real affection of his humour in his autobiography and on the field he was an excellent one day player and a competent player in the longer form too.

RIP Graham.

that's who's autobiography it was! Yes, he described Graham as a dear friend and they got up to a lot of schoolboy level mischief together in the dressing room.
  • Options
    Such sad news.

Sleep tight, Graham.