Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

October Manager / Player of the Month

Manager of the Month nominations:

Lee Bowyer @ Charlton
John Coleman @ Accrington
Darren Ferguson @ Peterborough
Kenny Jackett @ Portsmouth

Player of the Month nominations:

Ben Amos @ Charlton
Siriki Dembele @ Peterborough
Gwion Edwards @ Ipswich
Marcus Harness @ Portsmouth

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    5 wins and a draw and no goals conceded - how can it be anyone else other than LB and Amos?

Edit - hadn't realised that Peterborough had 6 wins and a draw so that's lucky Lee!
  • Options
    bowyer beating jacket should rule out jacket
  • Options
    Ferguson can have his time now and the lesser known Dembele who after two indifference seasons as a striker is in rich goal scoring form.

The only time to win awards is at the end of Season when you are holding a Trophy aloft.

• Options
    Ferguson can have his time now and the lesser known Dembele who after two indifference seasons as a striker is in rich goal scoring form.

The only time to win awards is at the end of Season when you are holding a Trophy aloft.

Didn't this happen in on of our promotion seasons? Didn't win POTM or MOTM until right near the end
  • Options
    Weird why it's taken so long, it's the 11th November!

Lee and Ben should win, hopefully the bad luck curse will strike us this Saturday during the international break
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    While we did indeed keep October a goal free month. I would say it was more down to a well organised back four than the heroics of Amos. I'd be more inclined to give it to Gunter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    While we did indeed keep October a goal free month. I would say it was more down to a well organised back for than the heroics of Amos. I'd be more inclined to give it to Gunter.
    I think that's fair comment. The issue is that, unless a defender contributes goals to numerous clean sheets, it's usually going to be the keeper that gets nominated for such awards.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    While we did indeed keep October a goal free month. I would say it was more down to a well organised back four than the heroics of Amos. I'd be more inclined to give it to Gunter.
    I think that's fair comment. The issue is that, unless a defender contributes goals to numerous clean sheets, it's usually going to be the keeper that gets nominated for such awards.
    I've never really paid much attention to player of the months. Is it unusual for defenders to pick up the accolade?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    I've never really paid much attention to player of the months. Is it unusual for defenders to pick up the accolade?
    I would say so. It's one for the glory boys not the ones who quietly and efficiently do their job!
  • Options
    If Lee's gonna win it this season, now might be the best time - fewest games this month for the inevitable MoM curse to mess up
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Agreed, nominating Amos suggests we had Gordon Banks at his best saving shot after shot, when in reality it was the team as a whole defending well and preventing many shots on goal

Famewo would be a good shout as well
  • Options
    Amos made several crucial saves in October. 

Deserves to be up there as much as any defender. 
  • Options
    Think it'll be Ferguson and Amos. They like to spread it out
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Lottery numbers please?!
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Lottery numbers please?!
    Can I go on the ITK list now??!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How on earth a manager who had not lost a game in the month of October & won 5 out of 6 doesn't win MOTM is beyond me.......seeing as the team also didn't let a goal in during that time either.
  • Options
    How on earth a manager who had not lost a game in the month of October & won 5 out of 6 doesn't win MOTM is beyond me.......seeing as the team also didn't let a goal in during that time either.
    Ferguson won 6 out of 7 and drew the other one, so if he didn't win Peterborough fans would be saying the exact same thing lol
  • Options
    Because the guy that won it won 6 out of 7?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    It was Fergie time.
  • Options
    Points per game Peterborough manager wins , simples 
  • Options
    This should be seen as a 100 metre sprint. Bowyer was still doing his shoelaces up and Ferguson was already 20 metres down the track. Only one person deserves this, and it’s not daddy’s boy. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Amos made 2 saves in the Northampton game that any Prem keeper would have been proud of.
    well deserved.