Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: FA Cup R1: Charlton 0-1 Plymouth

many thanks to the 49 Lifers who gave marks:

Comments

• Options
    We had three shots on target in the entire game, and lost.  And yet every player gets an average mark higher than the middle of the range.  Weird.
  • Options
    We had three shots on target in the entire game, and lost.  And yet every player gets an average mark higher than the middle of the range.  Weird.
    In terms of how most people actually score players, a score below 6 definitely counts as poor. 

And the number of shots on target isn't an indication of how well EVERY player played anyway. 
  • Options
    Hard to disagree with those number. The academy kids who had something to prove played well. 

Experienced pro who had something to prove to become regulars in the winning league side were poor. 
  • Options
    Hard to disagree with those number. The academy kids who had something to prove played well. 

As evidenced by 3 of them being the top 3 marks.

• Options
    It's just that you're out of sync with the vast majority.
    6 is generally accepted as an average/ok performance, so 4/11 were below par.

NB as is usual if we have more possession we lose.
  • Options
    It's just that you're out of sync with the vast majority.
    6 is generally accepted as an average/ok performance, so 4/11 were below par.

NB as is usual if we have more possession we lose.
    Yeah 5.5 is an average performance for me.

I also take the opponent into account when scoring. 

For me barring JFC the seniors all underperformed. 

Purrington
    Maddison
    Aneke
    Williams

If you take the level they normally play at, the seniors are used to playing sides of this level, the kids aren't and so for me they deserved higher scores than the seniors.