Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer being linked with West Brom..

To be reported in the mirror and the express tomorrow so I am told. Not exactly what we want to hear but the longer our excellent form continues, the more chance rumours like this will resurface. 

Just shows what a great job Lee is doing. Highly doubt he will be interested in taking over a side near enough nailed on for relegation already (IMO). 

Comments

• Options
    ex-WBA comms man says Bowyer interviewed with them “last time” which I assume to mean when they appointed Bilic.
  • Options
    Can’t see it as Bowyers got a long term project but if he is tempted step up Jacko! 
  • Options
    Lee has stayed when we were a basket case and other teams were interested, doubt he would want to leave now we have stability. 

Bit bizarre that team in the Premier League would look to poach a manger from League One, planning already for the Championship possibly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has already turned down serious offers.

I don't think he'll go just yet.
  • Options
    Worth looking at why Bilic has fallen out with the board at West Brom, if it's over transfer policy then I can't imagine that makes the job particularly attractive to Bowyer who's had enough of that alre
  • Options
    We are still on LB’s journey and we are now right back on track. He is going nowhere. 
  • Options
    Is Bowyer included in the wage cap? If not, I'm sure Thomas would sort this out. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Worth looking at why Bilic has fallen out with the board at West Brom, if it's over transfer policy then I can't imagine that makes the job particularly attractive to Bowyer who's had enough of that alre
    It was mainly because Hagazi was sold behind his back the day off a game, rumours were he was considering walking before the game with Brighton 
  • Options
    Be very surprised if he went now, whereas 2 months ago I would have been amazed he stayed!
    If he's not excited about what's going on at Charlton at the moment and wants to be part of it after all the work he has put in I would be amazed. 
  • Options
    Would be a really bizarre choice for a team in the Premier League, as well as Lee has done.
    Agreed, it's hard to imagine why Lee would do any better with Bilic's team than Bilic would. Unless they're hoping he can get the best out of Karlan Grant and Conor Gallagher!
  • Options
    He has something at Charlton that money can’t buy, a fan base that will back him, as it did Chris Powell, when the team hits a rocky patch. Move on and hit a rocky patch and the fan base will turn against the manager long before the owner(s) do and he has a chance to turn it around. If he wants to build something then Charlton is the place to do it and be around to enjoy it.
  • Options
    He wont go to.WBA. Once a blue remember......
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    No hes gone on record as saying it would take "something special" to temp him away

I really dont think moving from the area you are from in the middle of a pandemic from a club  you are happy with under a good owner to a yoyo club who sacked Darren Moore last year despite being 3rd will tempt him.

Obviously money would the only thing that  could but even so , hes already got plenty. I dont think hes greedy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not worried
  • Options
    He wont go to.WBA. Once a blue remember......
    Birmingham and West Brom get on like we do with Brighton.
  • Options
    Does he want back to back relegations on his CV ... 

Imo he’s settled down in Kent with youngish children .
    It would take a monster offer to leave the area or Gillingham ...

seriously he will go when it suits him , so if West Ham came in for him he’d be gone in a shot cos of location location location and that’s what we have going for us against the likes of West Brom .

of course the stability and ambitions of TS give us more attractiveness but Bowyer has stayed with us during the wank ownership because it suited him not because of some magical bond to the club that some fans believe exists between players/managers and our club.
  • Options
    He is settled in the area with this family. Doubt he wants to move them.  
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I don't think he will go to WBA, for all the reason pointed out above. 

But I am not sure the "he didn't go when we were a basket case, so he won't go now" is accurate.  No one would have blamed him if he had walked any time between March and September but maybe he knows that if he had what the consequences would have been, for the club. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I think people might be underestimating the lure of managing in the premier league... 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I think people might be underestimating the lure of managing in the premier league... 
    totally agree, however I'd argue that there's a very high chance we'll be in the same league next season.......think long term Lee (which I think he is and will)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    totally agree, however I'd argue that there's a very high chance we'll be in the same league next season.......think long term Lee (which I think he is and will)
    I do wonder if he was thinking of leaving, if this is where the pandemic would work in our favour.

Without the crowds I wonder if there is less of a lure. Though let's face it, money does speak. 
  • Options
    Not sure Lee is motivated by money, otherwise I think he'd have left already