Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 3-2 Fleetwood

many thanks to the 87 Lifers who gave marks. unusual to have so many players with very close averages - signs a good team me thinks?

Comments

• Options
    Most fouls, most yellows, worst outfield pass%. Shows you really - stats mean bugger-all ;)

(keep up the good work lancashire lad haha)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    After 10 games 

2020/21 22 points 14 goals scored goal difference +7

2018/19 18 points 15 goals scored goal difference +4

Lyle Taylor had scored 4*, including a pen. 

Game day 11 was a 5-3 defeat at Scunthorpe 

*I miss counted last time. 
    In 18/19 we ended very strongly. But we are currently on schedule in anybody's language. An average of 2.2 points per game takes us into Powell's team territory if it continues.

What you have to do to pick up the points you need to go up automatically, is win those games against significantly inferior teams. We have a run of games with teams that fall into this category. The proof of the pudding is beating these teams that we think we are significantly stronger than. But the proof of the pudding is always in the eating.
    We had 24 points under Powell.  I can't be bothered to work out the goals/goal difference now.

BWP had 6 goals BTW 
  • Options
    What we had in 18/19 was a squad that wasn't as robust. I remember expecting to win nearly every game, but there was a spell, Blackpool away was one of the games, when I expected to lose. With the strength of the squad and the players that can be brought in, I'm not sure there will be those games. 

I'm not saying there won't be shocks, but expectation.We have a run of 5 league games where I expect to win them all. We need to review how we actually do.
  • Options
    What we had in 18/19 was a squad that wasn't as robust. I remember expecting to win nearly every game, but there was a spell, Blackpool away was one of the games, when I expected to lose. With the strength of the squad and the players that can be brought in, I'm not sure there will be those games. 

I'm not saying there won't be shocks, but expectation.We have a run of 5 league games where I expect to win them all. We need to review how we actually do.
    But we had 2 goal scorers, up until the end of January at least .  Fingers crossed that Washington can keep scoring 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    2020/21 22 points 14 goals scored goal difference +7

2018/19 18 points 15 goals scored goal difference +4

Lyle Taylor had scored 4*, including a pen

Game day 11 was a 5-3 defeat at Scunthorpe

2011/12 24 points 21 goals scored goal difference +9

BWP had scored 6

Game day 11 was a 2-0 win at Sheffield United
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

But we had 2 goal scorers, up until the end of January at least .  Fingers crossed that Washington can keep scoring 
    But then by this stage that year even then we had an over reliance on Grant and Taylor

Sarr | Solly | Fosu | Bielik all had one goal each with the other eleven goals coming from those two - Fleetwood away that season was particulary bad and showed how much we relied on them both as Grant had gone and Taylor was suspended which left us toothless up top

A bit like Portsmouth on Saturday, we knew who was scoring their goals so stopped them which stopped the goals

How do you do that with a side where the goals are coming from everywhere - Plug one gap and it feels like another player will take advantage of the space thats just been created, teams can limit us at the moment by limiting the time and space that Shinnie gets on the ball, if they do that (or double mark him), we can just play a long ball to Bogle or Aneke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry for high jacking this thread but another intresting (to me anyway) comparison is the spread of goals.  All after 10 games. 

21/22 Strikers 7 50% Midfielders 5 35% defenders 1 7% OG 1 7%

18/19 Strikers 10 67% Midfielders 2 13% defenders 2 13% OG 1 6%

11/12 Strikers 10 48% Midfielders 10 48% Defenders 1 4%.

What effect would it have if none of our strikers had scored in any of those 30 games? Yes I know it doesn't work like that but.....

21/22 - 5 points 
    18/19 - 13 points
    11/12 - 11 points

What does all that tell you?  Probably absolutely nothing if I am being honest. 

• Options
    I'd be interested to know what the spread of marks have been during covid compared to before. As in, do fans have less divisive views on players because we are all watching the game from the same perspective?

Having chats with various family and friends that go to the Valley over the years its clear that you see the game differently depending on where you are sat. I remember thinking Chris Iwelumo was utter crap when I was sat in the North Upper. My Uncle in the West Upper thought his flicks were class and there were aspects of game that were high quality. Safe to say that as soon as I watched from the West Stand my view was entirely different, not to the extent that I though he was amazing, but he did make some great touches and decent hold up play at times.

• Options
    Yes I agree I find it very difficult to mark off VP. You completely miss what is happening out of the screen. An obvious example being the second goal Fleetwood scored. I have no idea who was at fault giving Evans so much space. Purrington? But should he be left isolated v Evans? 
    Also I sit in west and often interesting discuss points with my son who sits in north lower. Some things he sees so much better others so much worse. 
  • Options
    In the side stands you have a better overall view .

Behind the goal you'll have a great view of incidents in the nearest penalty box, but not of the rest of the pitch...
  • Options
    Talking of the CP side in L1,  we had the two Sheffield’s to play away in a short time. 
    Jacko win those games for us, and this year around New Year we play Posh and Tractors - time for Prattley/Watson to get us six points and out of this poxy division. 
  • Options
    Talking of the CP side in L1,  we had the two Sheffield’s to play away in a short time. 
    Jacko win those games for us, and this year around New Year we play Posh and Tractors - time for Prattley/Watson to get us six points and out of this poxy division. 
    That's another "myth" that has been repeated to the stage its become fact.  In fact I thought it was true myself, until I checked.  Not a criticism of you Phil but it's not the 1st time I have seen people say it. 

We played United away on 1st October and Wednesday away on the 14th January.  It was United at home the week after.

Funny what nearly 10 years does to the mind. 
  • Options
    They were also the only free-kicks he ever scored!