Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Election Thread

edited November 2020 in Not Sports Related
Postal vote rendering it pretty pointless staying up for the full results coming in, but I reckon this'll end up a lot closer than the bookies have it. Reckon it could rumble on for a few days with recounts and legal challenges and get a little bit ugly. What's everyone's thoughts? 

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Trump will win
  • Options
    Biden to win by about 20 - a lot closer than opinion polls. US voters often hedge & I think will tie or hold Senate. 
  • Options
    Bold move starting this on main. Got my popcorn ready 
  • Options
    I used to enjoy he politics threads on here, forget that the House of Commoners is even there. I think big discussion points like this should be on the main forum, it's interesting to read everyone's views 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I used to enjoy he politics threads on here, forget that the House of Commoners is even there. I think big discussion points like this should be on the main forum, it's interesting to read everyone's views 

I'll ask how you feel after this thread is 10 pages in. 
  • Options
    LBCs coverage started like it was a hollywood action movie. 
  • Options
    Thought I'd get it in there first before an innocent thread got derailed 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Of all the posters on Charlton Life you could have addressed it to, though 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    I hope that old washed up creepy man doesn't win. 

Is there a third candidate?

In the UK this will be resolved by the morning. I can see this going on to the new year.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Of all the posters on Charlton Life you could have addressed it to, though 
    Don't get jealous 😅
  • Options
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Is there a third candidate?

In the UK this will be resolved by the morning. I can see this going on to the new year.

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    Which one?
  • Options
    Very interesting that the turnout is the biggest in 100 years. Apart from the polls and some input by a knowledgeable friend I don’t have a real handle on what’s going down. I get the feeling that a high turnout might in fact favour Trump. I would have thought it’s his “redneck” support base that might not always turn out. I also think the result will be a complete dogs dinner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!