Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPad help required

Last week I was away and took my iPad with me all was working fine until the battery died since then when accessing CL all I can see is the pop up adverts anybody else come across this and know what the cure is?

Comments

• At work there is a team of experts trained to the very highest level in the industry. I asked them and they said ‘have you tried switching it off and back on again’.
  • Yes and that’s about the limit of my knowledge, does that mean I’m an expert too!
  • Speaking of iPads, does anyone know where I can get my hands on one for less than a price of a 3 piece suite?
  • My ones doing my head in and will be available on the cheap soon if nothing is resolved.
  • Have you tried pressing the on off button and the round button at the same time to reboot?
  • Magnificent piece of kit. I bought my missus one a few years ago and she is more than content to browse (mainly for shoes and hand bags) whilst I watch sport on the tv.

In fact it has been so successful I have bought her a new super duper iPad Pro 12.9" as a Christmas pressie. Money well spent!!
  • Speaking of iPads, does anyone know where I can get my hands on one for less than a price of a 3 piece suite?
    Shops like cash converters. I drive to Chatham High St to buy my mobiles. You get what you pay for but I have never had any issues.
  • edited November 2020
    Try downloading a different browser and using that.
  • edited November 2020
    I suggest fully charging it and doing a hard reboot as suggested above. Not just power off and then on. 

What iPad have you got. There have been several iOS updates recently. Unless you have an old iPad, possibly worth downloading updates. Also if an old iPad, you can (unless stopped), upgrade in an Apple shop -I found it very cost effective.
  • It sounds like a browser issue. 

If you're using Safari, don't.

Instead download one of Chrome, Opera, Firefox.

If you don't fancy that try clearing the cache in Safari.
    https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265