Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get well ADDICKTED......(Nick).

Comments

• Options
    Thinking of you Nick, get well soon! x
  • Options
    Thinking of you Nick, get well soon! x
  • Options
    Good to see you well enough to post again.

Keep on keeping on.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Hi all. Humbled by all your kind words and thoughts.

Have tried to keep the bowel cancer quiet as I know others on the board are going through the same thing. Thought I was out of the woods with that but it's gone metastatic so back on the chemo again.

Had my second cycle on friday but felt awful on Saturday which was not normal.  Thought it was the chemo but on checking my BP my heart rate was in the low 20s per minute. Blues and twos into Maidstone where the old ticker decided to stop for a few minutes.

Had an emergency pacemaker inserted and now feel great! Heartbeat set at 60bpm and waiting for my super dooper Tesla pacemaker inserted tomorrow. Can then get back to living as normal as possible for as long as possible. 

Long live the NHS.
    Good news Nick!
  • Options
    Get well soon Nick! Keep fighting mate. 

• Options
    So sorry to hear of your medical issues mate but from what I've heard about you from others I know you will have the strrength of character to meet the challenges ahead full on. All the best mate 👍.
  • Options
    Good to see that at least you have had some good news which hopefully continues for you. Keep making progress with your recovery. All the very best.
  • Options
    Good to hear Nick, take it easy mate 
  • Options
    Great news. Keep fighting mate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better Nick. Keep fighting.
  • Options
    All the best Nick, get well soon.
  • Options
    Try not to get too excited when Chunks completes his first half hatrick tomorrow evening ! 

Enjoy these special times for us all, young man !
  • Options
    Nick. Glad to hear you are keeping a positive attitude. It definitely helps.
    Hopefully we will all be back at The Valley before too long.
    Stay strong.
  • Options
    Glad to hear the pacemaker's working Nick. If you ever need to slow it down, rewatching the first half against Northampton is a failsafe. 
  • Options
    Jolly good show Nick...now wish u well on your full recovery...
  • Options
    Fight on mate....Charlton fashion.
  • Options
    Get well soon Nick 
  • Options
    Get well soon Nick, you’ve got this.
  • Options
    Wishing you all the best Nick. Steve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stay strong and focused in your battle - all the best for a full recovery.
  • Options
    Gutted to hear you are reduced to using a super doopa pacemaker - was it slipped you by a dodgy Mancunian in a Range Rover?

Seriously though glad you are well enough to post! 
  • Options
    just seen this news about Nick,both the wife and myself wish you well.

Trust you will be up and running at you normal speed in next to no time.

Maybe a belgium ice cream from your favourite pub in Sint Truiden will do you the power of good.

Look after you dad Ben and send him our regards C and G.
  • Options
    Keep fighting Nick. 
  • Options
    Very positive news ! 

Keep on keeping on, Nick x
  • Options
    Good to hear that Nick's treatment seems to be working  
  • Options
    A bit of good news.
    I spoke to Nick a few days back and his latest test results (3 altogether), have seen significant improvement in all of them.
    Chemo to continue with another course, which is actually a good thing as they wouldn’t have suggested doing that if things hadn’t have been going the right way.
    So thumbs up.👍👏😀
    Forgot to mention........the pacemaker has made a huge difference to him and he feels a whole lot better as a result.
    Likewise yourself Uncle Stu, you have been under the weather these past 12 months.
  • Options
    Good news Nick, well done mate.