Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match of the Day - How Do You See It Now?

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
How many of us will change our viewing attitude to this programme this season?
For me it is still a "must see", it's been my favourite TV show since I was 7 years old.

Comments

• Options
    found it really hard to watch last season with the inevitable relegation being discussed by the patronising studio guests but next year will be painful in the fact that the likes of birmingham and derby have replaced us on the 'must see' programme.. but i'll probably watch it more now !!
  • Options
    Only watched MOTD once last year when we beat West Ham. Besides, the missus usually drags me off to to bed early for a traditional Saturday night in...Wahay ; 0 D
  • Options
    can't remember last time i watched it.

either grab a game i fancy on football first, watch "goals on sunday" hungover or catch MOTD2 on a sunday night where i can just see the goals and sunday's games.
  • Options
    I am quite fond of lazing in bed on a Sunday morning with a cup of tea watching the Championship (no SKY in bedroom).

Even better now we're on it.

As for MOTD, always prefer the one on Sunday morning on SKY that Lionel Ritchie presents.
  • Options
    Used to watch it religiously with my housemates at uni, but these days I am more likely to be out or asleep, the only one I watched was the West Ham win! Can't stand it any more, always Man U and Chelsea for the first and 2nd games, then Liverpool, then Arsenal, with 37 seconds at the end slagging us off. Can't stand Lawro either, I would actually turn off a tv if he was on it, jabbering fool that he is. I really hope he is removed from Football Focus this season too.
  • Options
    I'll go back to appreciating top flight football on the telly. Never really could when we were in it as i was always looking at it from some form of blinkered angle.
  • Options
    If i'm in i'll watch MOTD if i'm out I won't can't say i miss it if i am out. Used to watch it religously until the lack of Charlton annoyed me too much but now i'll be watching it impartially maybe my love affair will return?
  • Options
    Used to watch it with the sound turned off so that I didn't have to listen to the commentator's self-orgasmic burblings as he climaxed watching Man Utd players - or have my head done in by Alan Hansen and the rest of the Muppet Show.

Last season I couldnt be arsed to even watch it at all.
  • Options
    I wonder if that useless woman commentator will be retained ?
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    If anything, and by that, talking 3-4 times a season. Sunday am showing- background only.

Very very uninterested and like RedArmySE7, the lack of Charlton exposure hightened my apathy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didnt watch it last year unless we'd won...So about 7 times.

Will probably still watch it as its the only football show on TV that I can be arsed stay awake / get up earlier enough for
  • Options
    Happy to still watch it, though like most people I am not in on a Saturday night so tend to watch either the Goals on Sunday or MOTD2 or even the re-run first thing sunday morning before I go to play Football.
  • Options
    I could never be awake early enough to watch it on a Sunday morning, Ketters!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I could never be awake early enough to watch it on a Sunday morning, Ketters!

My 5 yr old takes care of that for me...........:-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I wonder if that useless woman commentator will be retained ?

sexist pig
    (and why not!)
  • Options
    Actually, I think it will probably clash with "Laid Bare" on Bravo so will probably give it a miss.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I could never be awake early enough to watch it on a Sunday morning, Ketters!

The Joys of having to get up for a 35 game season playing home matches over an hour drive away in Bromley each Sunday morning does that for you Oggy ;-)
  • Options
    Ouch! Ketters. Been there, done that.

Especially after a 'late' Saturday night.........
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I'll go back to appreciating top flight football on the telly. Never really could when we were in it as i was always looking at it from some form of blinkered angle.

exactly, I reckon ill able to enjoy it a lot more and be actually able to apreciate it for what it is as opposed to going 'oh sh!t!' these lot are gonna destroy us...
  • Options
    Couldn't bring myself to watch it last season except if we won. I'll watch it now though, although as I have now got Sky in bedroom, I could be watching Football First quite a bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's on the BBC,it's complete and utter rubbish,couldn't care less. Also on at the wrong time,would rather be in bed.Feel sorry for people who stay up to watch it.