Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - was a Farnell & El Kashashy story, now a leveraged US takeover.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Jordan will come to regret these comments.

@SJOpinion10 doesn’t believe potential #BurnleyFC owner Chris Farnell is bad”
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Jordan will come to regret these comments.

@SJOpinion10 doesn’t believe potential #BurnleyFC owner Chris Farnell is bad”
    Bizarre comment seen as he seemed on top of most things that went on in SE7 over the summer, in comparison to everyone else on talksport anyway
  • Options
    He’s not across the details, like getting the wording of an injunction wrong 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    What’s the name of the journo who “wrote” the Times Farnell PR piece? They need to go on the blacklist. I recognise all that shit. He’s got a way with journos though. And it helps him that he is a gobby sport lawyer. Football Journos who dont know about him are extra wary of crossing him too quickly.

Good work by the Burnley guy quoted by @Addickted though, re Kashashy.  Can you recall or look up his handle please ? 
    He's been a busy lad this morning, including being in touch with the British Embassy in Cairo!

Post by clansman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:09 pm

At the risk of repetition Mr El Kashashy appears to be let’s say economical with the truth about his background and business interests. His linked-in page says he is managing partner of Beta-Infra based in USE and Uk. No such company exists either in UK Egypt or UAE
    I found a website page for a law firm in Egypt called Kashash , without the y on end.the photo of the Chairman was the spitting image of El Kashashy! UK embassy in Egypt couldn’t find any trace of such a firm.
    It is all a big con and wasting the time of those involved with the ALK deal. If Mr Farnell or Mr Karshashy or their advisors wish to dispute any of this let them state clearly which firm or group of investors Mr Karshashy works for or represents.
    I'm liking the cut of @clansman's jib! I don't think though that the Kashash lawyer is "our" coffee "magnate" . What do you think? Our one has been on the baklava more :-) However an interesting thing is that I can't easily post you up a foto of Fat Mo, other than this mugshot on his protected Twitter account, because all the links I tried in our dossier which held a foto, including his Linked In profile, seem to have been removed. That is odd behaviour for someone launching ahigh profle acquisition. It's almost as if he is trying to evade scrutiny......

(Having said that could people check if they can find Fat Mo on Linked in, even though I cannot? Clansman can obviously see something. I think I had this problem before,@carly burn you might recall. And if anyone gets it, the one where he lists P&G Coke etc, could you please screenshot it? Thanks!) 
  • Options
    I feel like some one who dodged a bullet! Good luck to Burnley
  • Options
    Bye bye Burnley, if this mob takeover.
  • Options
    £200M for Burnley! Did Roland provide that valuation?

Can someone with Farnell's phone number which people were using please pass it on to the Burnley fans.
  • Options
    Opened link and shocked to find a mutual connection, but nothing more than an account manager for a reputable asset manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Opened link and shocked to find a mutual connection, but nothing more than an account manager for a reputable asset manager.

I'm 3rd connect with him!
    To be honest, with a CV like his I doubt I would interview him for even a junior management role. Surely if he's being realistic he should be putting his job title for his many and varied positions as 'chancer'.
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Burnley fans need to think about what happened to Portsmouth as well as Bury, Macclesfield, Wigan, us. Farnell/El Kashashy takeover will see them in L1 within 3 years as they rinse the club for every penny. Dyche will be gone and Dave Jones will be in charge.  They ought to be able to attract a decent owner given the stability of the club and ability of Dyche. I wouldn't wish the Dodgy Duo on Millwall or Palace. 
    I would 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    rananegra said:
    Burnley fans need to think about what happened to Portsmouth as well as Bury, Macclesfield, Wigan, us. Farnell/El Kashashy takeover will see them in L1 within 3 years as they rinse the club for every penny. Dyche will be gone and Dave Jones will be in charge.  They ought to be able to attract a decent owner given the stability of the club and ability of Dyche. I wouldn't wish the Dodgy Duo on Millwall or Palace. 
    I would 
    Me too plus Nimer, Jimenez and Murray
  • Options
    What’s the name of the journo who “wrote” the Times Farnell PR piece? They need to go on the blacklist. I recognise all that shit. He’s got a way with journos though. And it helps him that he is a gobby sport lawyer. Football Journos who dont know about him are extra wary of crossing him too quickly.

Good work by the Burnley guy quoted by @Addickted though, re Kashashy.  Can you recall or look up his handle please ? 
    WalkdenClaret
    Fuck me, a Burnley fan from Walkden. He's rinsed everyone in Shit Town Top Trumps there... 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Closer to home. What does this mean regarding the Court case?

I can't see them wanting their dirty laundry discussed. 
    It would suggest that Farnell and co have moved on...
    You’d like to think so.🤔
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Off_it said:
    Of course there are Burnley fans who dont want to hear potential bad news. Just as there are Charlton fans who STILL dont think Roland was a bad owner.

Theres none so blind as those who will not see.
    Nobody thinks Roland was a good owner

But he was much better than ESI...
    There are still people who think Roland wasnt a bad owner. The fact that ESI were clearly worse only adds, in their minds, to that argument.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And its got to be all true as just read all about it in today's daily star!!
    Err I mean guardian/daily mail/telegraph /times and financial Times which are of course my usual daily reads! Somehow I must have picked up the star by mistake
  • Options
    Richard J said:

So, Farnell and Co, does the Co include Elliottt and Mouthall ?
    and if so, is that more bad news for Burnley that they can deny?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    It's almost like they are travelling circus.  Is there ever going to be a time when these jokers' credibility is so shot that even they won"t have the brass neck to carry on grifting?

Absolute cnuts!
  • Options
    Richard J said:

So, Farnell and Co, does the Co include Elliottt and Mouthall ?
    and if so, is that more bad news for Burnley that they can deny?
    Southall was on other side anyway, part of ESI who sold the club to TS

All I'm saying is that if Farnell and El K are busy trying to buy Burnley for £200m, what they (and Elliott) may or may not have invested in Charlton becomes small beer, and I'll assume the court case will be quietly dropped!
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    ct_addick said:
    Amazes me in the small football community in the UK that Farnell has not been completely ostracized. 
    He should be in jail.
    If he tries to out-bullshit that arch-bullshitter Campbell, he'll be lucky if he doesn't end up in a wood with his wrists slit.

At least Campbell should appreciate our dossiers have more than one source.
    And it's the subjects of OUR dossiers who are dodgy - hopefully not the dossiers themselves...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Richard J said:
    Since this news broke I have come to realise just how oblivious football fans are to what goes on at other clubs.

Not surprising people like Farnell can go from club to club.

With fanzines and social media the information is out there but just like Charlton fans over the last few years anyone seems better than the incumbent.
    Duchatelet in Cafc case and Mike Garlick who appears to run Burnley like a championship club. You wouldn't believe they have had all the TV money over the last few years for being in the premier.
    Not knocking him for not spending money like Leeds did back in the day but Garlick doesn't seem to have the balance right.
    Sean Dyche will seek pastures new.

Had a good 10 minute chat with Alistair Campbell last season as we reached London on a train after the Wigan match, no Brexit talk which was a relief to him and why we only talked about Burnley and how he has been a fan for over 50 years.
    He was surprised at my knowledge of Burnley players from Ray Pointer, Ralph Coates, Dave Thomas but not so much about my info on Nick Pope and Gudmundsson.

The great thing was it was just two middle age football geeks chatting, not an ex political spin doctor and a soap box orator.

It will be interesting to hear his views if this gains any momentum. 

Farnell is a wrong un.
    Campbell is a really good guy. 

Extremely easy to talk to. 

Nothing like his public image. His various books are worth reading as well. 
    Someone on here knew him at Cambridge, said he was a bit of a shit.  People do change, of course.