Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - was a Farnell & El Kashashy story, now a leveraged US takeover.

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ct_addick said:
    I would say there are more assets to strip at Burnley than us....Farnell must be rubbing his hands in anticipation 
    But its going to cost him £200 large to find out...... 
    Sorry, not trying to tread on your toes but it is a
    bit more than that i'm afraid £200 large is £200k,
    Can't even work out how many large is £200 million,
    no doubt someone will ;)
  • Options
    Just like it cost Southall £50m to strip us? Farnell will be trying as hard as possible to pay as little as possible as an up front payment, with regular payments after.

sell the first team squad, pocket the money and sell the club for £1. Job done
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ct_addick said:
    I would say there are more assets to strip at Burnley than us....Farnell must be rubbing his hands in anticipation 
    no doubt someone will ;)
    200 double large? 
    Or maybe 200 large large?
  • Options
    Just like it cost Southall £50m to strip us? Farnell will be trying as hard as possible to pay as little as possible as an up front payment, with regular payments after.

But the owners would never sell a PL club for £1 with the rest due later, that will never happen in a million years

• Options
    WHAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ct_addick said:
    no doubt someone will ;)
    200 double large? 
    200 Large²
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ct_addick said:
    no doubt someone will ;)
    200 double large? 
    200 Large²
    That's be 40 Billion. Burnley int worth that  
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    WHAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ct_addick said:
    no doubt someone will ;)
    200 double large? 
    200 Large²
    Beat me to it  :D
  • Options
    200 XXL?
  • Options
    Started something there ain't i, any mathematicians around ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    200,000 large
    If you had 200,000,000 Range Rovers and shared them equally between 1000 Matt Southall's, they would receive 200,000 Range Rovers each.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So the Burnley chairman is going to sell the club for pennies not knowing if he’ll see the rest? No chance 
  • Options
    In response.

Yes, Charlton were in a mess from previous owners, that is not disputed.

But distressed clubs are the weakest and the most vulnerable to the unscrupulous. 

Farnell got involved in the way a vulture gets involved with a dying animal.

Despite supposedly acting for the club he deliberately blocked potential purchasers Andrew Barclay (of the billionaire Barclay family) and eventual buyer Thomas Sandgaard.

Instead he introduced his friend Paul Elliot in a clear conflict of interest that has resulted in two complaints to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and a public reprimand from a high court judge.

Farnell publicly named El Kashasky as part of the consortium buying Charlton.

Yet we now learn EL K and Farnel were said to be buying Burnley at the same time.

Farnell and Elliot with El K were unable to past the EFLs OADT or provide proof of funds to run a league one club yet we are now told El K is worth £9bn.

We Addicks are relieved that Farnell, El K and Elliot are no longer involved with our club and hope that none of them get near any other club.
    So you're saying if they buy Burnley you'll be gutted it's not us?
    Yes, Sandgaard Out, El K in
    Never a truer word spoken in jest and all that......
  • Options

So the Burnley chairman is going to sell the club for pennies not knowing if he’ll see the rest? No chance 
    I never said pennies. I said farnell will try and pay in instalments. 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ct_addick said:
    no doubt someone will ;)
    200 double large? 
    200 massive
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    In response.

But distressed clubs are the weakest and the most vulnerable to the unscrupulous. 

Despite supposedly acting for the club he deliberately blocked potential purchasers Andrew Barclay (of the billionaire Barclay family) and eventual buyer Thomas Sandgaard.

Instead he introduced his friend Paul Elliot in a clear conflict of interest that has resulted in two complaints to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and a public reprimand from a high court judge.

Yet we now learn EL K and Farnel were said to be buying Burnley at the same time.

Farnell and Elliot with El K were unable to past the EFLs OADT or provide proof of funds to run a league one club yet we are now told El K is worth £9bn.

We Addicks are relieved that Farnell, El K and Elliot are no longer involved with our club and hope that none of them get near any other club.
    Top Banana HI - Have posted 
    Let us know what the response is @j_block
    To follow up on this.

The main fella who was demanding evidence simply said thank you. The majority are already sceptical and thanked us for sharing.

There is an ITK poster on there that has said he has seen both proposals (from the two main bidders) and is pleasantly surprised by them both, and that he can see positives and a bright future etc etc. As with any football fan in dark times they are now clinging onto this with rose tinted glasses. 

It’s a shame, because every single one of us here knows exactly what they have in store if that mob get their claws in m.
  • Options

I never said pennies. I said farnell will try and pay in instalments. 
    Not going to happen. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    In response.

Top Banana HI - Have posted 
    Let us know what the response is @j_block
    To follow up on this.

The main fella who was demanding evidence simply said thank you. The majority are already sceptical and thanked us for sharing.

There is an ITK poster on there that has said he has seen both proposals (from the two main bidders) and is pleasantly surprised by them both, and that he can see positives and a bright future etc etc. As with any football fan in dark times they are now clinging onto this with rose tinted glasses. 

It’s a shame, because every single one of us here knows exactly what they have in store if that mob get their claws in m.
    Football fans are extremely naive, and i include myself in that for at first believing in Roland and Nimer. And look where that got us.

Fans will always want to believe the best is in store, but realistically anyone can write a proposal that sounds good. Improved contracts for main players, money available for the manager, improve the academy, improve the stadium blah blah blah.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    'The Mirror' today is stating that El Kashashy is work £9 Billion. He's done some job going from junior roles at Coca-Cola and P&G 10 years ago to being worth £9 Billion... 

It definitely wouldn't be Farnell leaking lies to the press though, of that i'm 100% sure. 
    Do you have a link to this, can't see it anywhere.
    My bad, he's worth 9.65 Billion not 9 Billion - Journalist standards in Football are a joke4CE0B597-2014-43DA-9F6D-495FE4AD4A7Ajpeg
    Worth more than Roman Abramvoic? 😂
    Some Croatian involved in football?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    So only 4 PL clubs are under British ownership or 5 under European if you include Abramovich.
    So only 4 PL clubs are under British ownership or 5 under European if you include Abramovich.
    When I was at school Russia was regarded as Asia.
    Russia, like Turkey, is in both Europe and Asia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So how about this as a theory:

USA purchase of Burnley is going nowhere. 

Burnley owner approaches/gets approached by our former suitors to make it look like they are interested.

USA interest revived FOMO and goes through. 

Previous suitors get their cut.

No idea if I am close to the reality but makes as much sense as any other explanation to me. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    So how about this as a theory:

USA purchase of Burnley is going nowhere. 

Burnley owner approaches/gets approached by our former suitors to make it look like they are interested.

USA interest revived FOMO and goes through. 

Previous suitors get their cut.

No idea if I am close to the reality but makes as much sense as any other explanation to me. 
    It does smell like a shill bid.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ct_addick said:
    no doubt someone will ;)
    If a large is £1,000 then £200,000 large should do it. 
  • Options
    If you're going to launch a bid you have to mention backing from Dubai - no real evidence will be needed.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

It's all a big conspiracy now. 

Unread post
     by Grumps » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:57 am

aggi wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am
    The whole thread is newspaper reports that may or may not be true. Farnell, Pace, ALK, Elkashashy, none of it is confirmed.

Grumps
     » Correct

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

It's all a big conspiracy now. 

Unread post
     by Grumps » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:57 am

aggi wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am
    The whole thread is newspaper reports that may or may not be true. Farnell, Pace, ALK, Elkashashy, none of it is confirmed.

Grumps
     » Correct

Grumps is the head of the Chris Farnell fan club in Burnley I suspect 
  • Options
    The ITK posters on the Burnley forum seem to believe the current owners there have decided on a preferred bidder, seemingly pointing towards the Farnell/El Kashasy group.

Appears todays TalksSport events have done enough to put most of (taking their forums as a representative sample of the population) their fans off the idea.

Grumps continues to not hear a bad word said about Farnell
  • Options
    It will come back to haunt them. They have been warned.