Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wish website

This site often comes up when I'm searching for things to purchase online, but the prices seem too good to be true, eg - Thermoelectric fan for top of a wood burner = around €50, but for what looks like the same one on Wish, it's €9.

Has anyone used the site and is it any good?

Comments

• Options
    Those reviews aren’t very encouraging... but speaking for myself, I buy some fishing bits off there now and then. Not once have I had a problem with it. 

Takes a few weeks to deliver but that’s easily compensated in the price.

• Options
    Yeaaa wouldnt trust it... A lot of it will be fake crap
  • Options
    It's the consumer facing version of Ali Baba so you're purchasing straight from the manufacturer, most likely in China. 

I've used it for loads of small things.
  • Options
    Those reviews are horrendous. No thanks 
  • Options
    On seeing a couple of the reviews, think I'll stick to a normal supplier like I'd normally do
  • Options
    Groupon another one I reckon
  • Options
    Is there a site you can go to to get honest, consumer reviews on consumer review sites? 
  • Options
    Fake crap from China where they are ripping off the IP of hard working companies to churn out billions of tons of plastic junk which will break quickly and be consigned to landfill.  No thanks.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Is there a site you can go to to get honest, consumer reviews on consumer review sites? 
    https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/90220/wish-website#latest
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I always get the strangest adverts for Wish on my Facebook page, that even the deepest dreadful depths of my search history cannot anticipate
    I reckon they do it deliberately to get free word of mouth advertising. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @i_b_b_o_r_g the correct link for reviews is here:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.wish.com

Used wish quite a bit for budget gadgets or fishing tackle. It takes about a month, sometimes more for delivery.

It's fine for those. Not sure I'd use it for anything that has potential to burn the house down etc.

• Options
    Used it to buy a few small items which have been fine (took a few weeks to be delivered) but wouldn't buy something like a TV from it for instance
  • Options
    My Mrs has bought some items from there and they all came from China. They arrived well packaged and obviously took a couple of weeks to come...Hence why the price is too good to be true.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Used a few times. Some stuff has worked out and been very decent but other stuff has been crap. I wouldn’t be tempted to spend more than a couple of quid.
  • Options
    Used a few times. Some stuff has worked out and been very decent but other stuff has been crap. I wouldn’t be tempted to spend more than a couple of quid.
    Spot on - Good for small bits and bobs, less so for anything more than £5. 
  • Options
    Cant believe can’t believe this site hasn’t been shut down tbh. Most of the stuff is obviously snide. You have thought the big companies would have put a stop to it all. 
  • Options
    As others have mentioned, lots of fake stuff. See picture below, shure sm57 microphone, brand new these would normally cost around £85. According to Wish normal price is £537, they are selling for £12.27.

• Options
    Tor said:
    Cant believe can’t believe this site hasn’t been shut down tbh. Most of the stuff is obviously snide. You have thought the big companies would have put a stop to it all. 
    Very hard to close down a wharehouse in China
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two purchases, two non deliveries. 
    The very worst customer service ever. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    If you're super selective, you'll get some decent bits. For that reason, you can almost guarantee it'll be around forever. 

A similar site, with better results IMO is AliExpress or AliBaba.com 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Couldn't agree more.  I've used it.  Mostly crap but a few things OK.  Main issue is that it can take 2 - 3 weeks for delivery from China.  Also - the prices quoted do not include the shipping costs.  Also look at http://joom.com/en if you are interested - similar cheap prices but shipping included.