Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mumbai Street Strikers

Came across a really good programme on BBC iPlayer in a series named My Life about the Mumbai Street Strikers. 

Only 30 minutes, but covers the story of a group of 12-14 year old boys from poor backgrounds in India who play for a football team that has the opportunity to come to the UK to play a few games against local school teams. A couple of the boys featured have large families all sleeping in the same room in slum areas, have never been on an airplane etc. They also get to see the sights in London and also visit Old Trafford where Juan Mata helps host them.

Seemed like a really good bunch of kids and despite their poor backgrounds, their appreciation of their families and also what they had with their football team was quite uplifting.

Highly recommend giving it a watch.

Comments

• That was a good watch.  Thanks for posting.
  • That was a good watch.  Thanks for posting.
    Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Came across a really good programme on BBC iPlayer in a series named My Life about the Mumbai Street Strikers. 

Only 30 minutes, but covers the story of a group of 12-14 year old boys from poor backgrounds in India who play for a football team that has the opportunity to come to the UK to play a few games against local school teams. A couple of the boys featured have large families all sleeping in the same room in slum areas, have never been on an airplane etc. They also get to see the sights in London and also visit Old Trafford where Juan Mata helps host them.

Seemed like a really good bunch of kids and despite their poor backgrounds, their appreciation of their families and also what they had with their football team was quite uplifting.

Trying to find My Life on BBC iplayer but having no luck.
    Where exactly was it listed?
  • I saw the title and thought it was a band!
  • edited November 2020
    Came across a really good programme on BBC iPlayer in a series named My Life about the Mumbai Street Strikers. 

Trying to find My Life on BBC iplayer but having no luck.
    Where exactly was it listed?
    Here you go. If the link doesn't work just type "My Life" into the iPlayer search box and it should come up. It is Episode 1 in Series 10.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00wsntc/my-life
  • Off_it said:
    I saw the title and thought it was a band!
    Have a watch of it @Off_it.
  • I thought the subject line was about industrial action in India. But I will give My life a visit.

• Just watched this. Very uplifting.