Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kids shirts giveaway initiative

I've done a quick search and don't think this has been mentioned on CL so although referring to another forum (on Facebook) I hope this is OK to post. 

Don't know if he posts on here but Lee Fender is arranging a kids shirt giveaway and thought some of you who aren't on the dreaded Facebook might like to contribute. 

Thomas Sandgaard has also pledged to match any donations raised by fans. 

I've copied the original post from FB below:

Kids shirt giveaway

OK, as previously mentioned I'd like us to do a kids shirt giveaway to as many of the members kids as possible with your help. It's been a hard year for many so this will take the pressure off some parents. We will do this for kids under 11 this time as Christmas is coming so Santa can put it under the tree. 

I'm asking if as many of you can donate £2 to the cause so that 25 donations will get one shirt. If you wish to donate more that is your choice, it's a great cause and also supports the club we all love.

As always, I will put in to cover the first shirt. The plan is to use PayPal as I can also make the purchase with that through the club shop. 

If you'd like to donate please send your money via PayPal to debbiecross22@yahoo.co.uk

Please do it as a friend's family gift to reduce the cut they take

Please put charlton kids as a reference

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    @aliwibble didn't see that, feel free to close this thread if you see fit
  • Options
    It’s a great idea by @leefender hope it gets loads of support. 

• Options
    edited October 2020
    @fat man on a moped No, it's fine, the people on the Sandgaard thread were suggesting it needed a wider audience, and I think that's fair enough - you just beat us to it. My comment was just a supplementary point, to make people who aren't reading the Sandgaard thread aware of Thomas' kind gesture, rather than a finger wagging at you :)
  • Options
    I presume someone knows Lee Fender and it is genuine. Must admit I saw it on twitter and it had a ring of a scam. But then I am always sceptical. If someone can confirm him as genuine, happy to contribute. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    I presume someone knows Lee Fender and it is genuine. Must admit I saw it on twitter and it had a ring of a scam. But then I am always sceptical. If someone can confirm him as genuine, happy to contribute. 
    I dont know him personally but have seen in the past(i was briefly in the facebook group but it was way to downbeat for me) he has bought tickets and given them to fans who are unable to afford to go, so I am pretty sure he is genuine 
  • Options
    redman said:
    I do know Lee well, he’s as good as they come and as his fund raiser shows, a top bloke. 
  • Options
    Also, The PayPal account belongs to Debbie at the club shop, she has said elsewhere that cash donations can also be made in the store if people do not use PayPal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    He certainly has a good name to catch the eye of TS. 
    Think he's more of a Gibson guy
  • Options
    This is a great initiative. Very happy to support. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    This is a great gesture and hopefully the ever generous Charlton life community can roll a bit of cash into it.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Yes, absolutely. @leefender has been a member on here since 2006, lives in Australia now and 100% genuine. 
    Thanks for confirming. Will contribute. Hope nobody if offended by me asking. 
  • Options
    Good initiative, the lady receiving the money may run into issues with PayPal / her bank suddenly receiving lots of gifts of cash though.
  • Options
    Great idea, Lee and ANOTHER big hug for our Thomas.

Just a quick question...

When " member's kids"  is stated, is that Lifers kids ?
  • Options
    Great idea, Lee and ANOTHER big hug for our Thomas.

Just a quick question...

When " member's kids"  is stated, is that Lifers kids ?
    I think it is the FB group. Not entirely sure though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My son is a right fatty. So if you could send me a L men's, that'd be great.
    I was just going to say, my nephew would like a free shirt. If you squint and ignore the gut and five o'clock shadow a 5xl will fit just nice...
  • Options
    Great initiative Lee. As you say the youngsters are the future of the club and keeping them connected at the moment is particularly important. Sorry to sound sceptical earlier but hopefully clearing the issue has added to the contributions. Not sure if you need ideas as to recipients but I'm sure CACT could help if you are short of ideas. Well done. 
  • Options
    Great stuff Lee - well done mate, I remember you when I was growing up, knocking about out on the streets. I lived in Fletching Road for 20 years 
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea, I’m a Luddite Unfortunately, but I would like to donate I haven’t got PayPal, I’m not on Facebook etc. How can I?
  • Options
    Nice idea and how great to see TS so quick to jump on board and help out. 
  • Options
    Great initiative @leefender. Thank you.