Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve White (Drummer) - BBC interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54604140

He's up against Mark Lawrensen doing the score predictions this week. Talks about Charlton as well

Comments

• Options
    Great.  His brother Alan is a bit of recluse now since leaving the greatest band of all time but was also a massive fan.  Wonder if he still goes.
  • Options
    Documentary on the Style Council on Sky Arts on 31 October
  • Options
    Great.  His brother Alan is a bit of recluse now since leaving the greatest band of all time but was also a massive fan.  Wonder if he still goes.
    Yes, 16 years since he was kicked out of Oasis, I assume he managed to bank enough for a comfortable life
  • Options
    Yes, 16 years since he was kicked out of Oasis, I assume he managed to bank enough for a comfortable life

Googled him on the back of this and said he sold his knightsbridge home for £7.5m so that probably will have set him up for a year or two ;-)

Was he jogged on from Oasis?  I thought he just had enough of it all. Cannot believe it is 16 years blimey.
  • Options
    I went with his dad last season, they do go occasionally and sit in the west upper. 
  • Options

Googled him on the back of this and said he sold his knightsbridge home for £7.5m so that probably will have set him up for a year or two ;-)

Was he jogged on from Oasis?  I thought he just had enough of it all. Cannot believe it is 16 years blimey.
    alanwhiteofficial on Instagram
  • Options
    edited October 2020

https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/steve-white-slams-oasis-treatment-of-drummer-165921

I think they gave him the push. Apparently he'd been a bit unreliable, and had a few tendinitis issues too (the Charlton injury curse!), and I think they wanted Zak in anyway
  • Options
    He used to sit 3 rows back from me in West Lower but not seen him for a while
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Not many of us have seen any of us for a while at the Valley!
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    He was in the Beatles? John, Paul, George and Alan?

No... he was in their cover band :-) 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    The last few home games have looked a bit empty if you ask me....
  • Options
    I sold him my drum machine, true story. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Whats the difference between a drum machine and a drummer.......

You only have to punch the drum pattern into the machine once.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    PopIcon said:
    Whats the difference between a drum machine and a drummer.......

You only have to punch the drum pattern into the machine once.
    Classic <3
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Whilst I have zero musical skills, I really enjoy watching his YouTube videos.  He is immensely skilled. Very honest about the nick from ELO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqAIJIszTqA
  • Options
    Like the way he demonstrated his playing with both a traditional and matched grip. I struggled to do either though you wouldn't really expect anything else from a former drummer in a punk band would you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ex-Redskins too!
  • Options
    Imagine living next door to the White kids, you would have to spend a fortune on ear plugs and aspirin.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Used to see him in the players lounge (millenium suit) back in the day lots, got him and Noel to sign a program when we played city once. Was his grandad called Mo ? 
  • Options
    Steve White coming up on Talksport talking drumming, Style Council and Charlton Athletic. 

• Options
    Stuart Pearce on now, talking Bowie, The Lurkers, etc.
  • Options
    He loves the Lurkers ... good band, great fun live. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    stonemuse said:
    He loves the Lurkers ... good band, great fun live. 
    My life is a shadow...

I loved the picture cover that said this way up for the Fulham Fallout, and hence the disc fell out of the open sleeve bottom.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Documentary on the Style Council on Sky Arts on 31 October
    Well worth a watch. Saw the Sky VIP preview event last month.  They had Steve and Mick in first for a hour’s chat with Eddie Piller before showing the documentary in full. 

Can’t recall Steve ever sitting in with Oasis. Are BBC just mixing him up with Alan, or did he ever drum for them?

I brought Steve into a Twitter conversation with Thomas the other day, suggesting he add drums to Thomas’ guitar of Valley Floyd Road. Steve agreed and I suggested a gig at The Valley which they both seem up for. Also suggested getting The Who along, with their Valley history, as part of a Teenage Cancer Trust gig as they can’t do the RAH gigs this year.

Thank me if it ever happens 😉
    Played on an Oasis tour (2000 I think) when Alan got tendernightes and he covered a few gigs and joined the list of the 5 Oasis drummers!