Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get your pass to live stream Blackpool v Charlton on Tuesday (no CAFC Cash purchases)

edited October 2020 in General Charlton
Supporters will be able to watch Charlton league games this season live on Valley Pass.All league games, except those selected for UK or international broadcast, will be available to purchase with a match pass which costs £10.Supporters living abroad can purchase a season live video pass for £195, which will give them access to every game the club is allowed to stream internationally during the 2020/21 season.Season-ticket holders can use money owed to them as CAFC Cash for home games but not away games.Match passes for Tuesday’s game against Blackpool have gone on sale.Supporters can purchase a match pass by clicking here. Supporters will be purchasing directly from Valley Pass and therefore will NOT need a code to watch the game against Blackpool once they have completed their purchase.Should you have any questions or queries on this year’s streaming, please email website@cafc.co.uk.How to watch the gameOnce you have purchased your pass for either live game, you can watch in one of two ways:Laptop/desktop:To watch on your laptop or desktop, simply click on this link. Please note, you may need to sign-in again.Mobile phone/tablet:To watch on your mobile phone or tablet, you will need to download the Valley Pass app from your relevant app store. Once in the app, you will need to log-in and press on the tab that says "Live".Supporters are advised to tune in 45 minutes before kick-off, the live pre-game show starts at 6.30pm.The club will also be offering live audio commentary for the game against Blackpool for existing Valley Pass subscribers.https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f8d45a2095b9/get-your-pass-to-live-stream-blackpool-v-charlton-on-tuesday

Comments

• Options
    Two streams in a row without any sound/video issues
  • Options
    With most of us watching online the commentary, for me, is even worse.
    Yes I know I could turn the sound off, but I want the ambient sound.
    (The camera went missing on a couple of occasions too).
    I think there is a risk that the commentators bias influences player marks given on Charlton Life, although I will say that the marks we have given to JFC for the Wigan game go against the digging out he was regularly getting from the commentators.
    The referee mark didn't, as the bias against the ref paid off in the referee mark.
    On Saturday I thought the function of the commentators should have been first and foremost an attempt to describe things for those with sound only, and secondly who the opposition players were would be not easy to pinpoint for the viewer, but with all the changes who our players were was tricky too. The commentators needed to focus on saying which player was doing what and using their names.
    I am not against colour and opinion but wish that happened during breaks in play (we had a lot on Saturday for example Alfies claret) and the listener was clearly told there was a break in play.
    It must be frustrating to hear stuff about formations, or whether this or that player should be pushing on or covering back, when in the background the listener is aware of play going on.
    Why don't the commentators go to the TV gantry? Not a big deal, but they got the Amos save wrong from that Wigan corner and watchers actually contacted the commentators to tell them what they should have told us.
  • Options
    clive said:

Supporters will be able to watch Charlton league games this season live on Valley Pass.

All league games, except those selected for UK or international broadcast, will be available to purchase with a match pass which costs £10.

Supporters living abroad can purchase a season live video pass for £195, which will give them access to every game the club is allowed to stream internationally during the 2020/21 season.

Season-ticket holders can use money owed to them as CAFC Cash for home games but not away games.

Match passes for Tuesday’s game against Blackpool have gone on sale.

Supporters can purchase a match pass by clicking here. Supporters will be purchasing directly from Valley Pass and therefore will NOT need a code to watch the game against Blackpool once they have completed their purchase.

Should you have any questions or queries on this year’s streaming, please email website@cafc.co.uk.

How to watch the game

Once you have purchased your pass for either live game, you can watch in one of two ways:

Laptop/desktop:

To watch on your laptop or desktop, simply click on this link. Please note, you may need to sign-in again.

Mobile phone/tablet:

To watch on your mobile phone or tablet, you will need to download the Valley Pass app from your relevant app store. Once in the app, you will need to log-in and press on the tab that says "Live".

Supporters are advised to tune in 45 minutes before kick-off, the live pre-game show starts at 6.30pm.

The club will also be offering live audio commentary for the game against Blackpool for existing Valley Pass subscribers.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f8d45a2095b9/get-your-pass-to-live-stream-blackpool-v-charlton-on-tuesday

Thank you for the info . What is the cut off time for purchase ?
    There isn't a cut off when buying from Valley Pass 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think there is a risk that the commentators bias influences player marks given on Charlton Life, although I will say that the marks we have given to JFC for the Wigan game go against the digging out he was regularly getting from the commentators.
    The referee mark didn't, as the bias against the ref paid off in the referee mark.
    On Saturday I thought the function of the commentators should have been first and foremost an attempt to describe things for those with sound only, and secondly who the opposition players were would be not easy to pinpoint for the viewer, but with all the changes who our players were was tricky too. The commentators needed to focus on saying which player was doing what and using their names.
    I am not against colour and opinion but wish that happened during breaks in play (we had a lot on Saturday for example Alfies claret) and the listener was clearly told there was a break in play.
    It must be frustrating to hear stuff about formations, or whether this or that player should be pushing on or covering back, when in the background the listener is aware of play going on.
    Why don't the commentators go to the TV gantry? Not a big deal, but they got the Amos save wrong from that Wigan corner and watchers actually contacted the commentators to tell them what they should have told us.
    Why have they not got a laptop to watch the replays on? Now they are charging us foreigners an extra fiver a game, surely the club can stretch to a Dell and a WiFI dongle?  ;)  
  • Options
    If the wind is affecting the microphones I would imagine putting a sock over them might help.
    Or cleverly positioning a couple or three Beano Annuals. 
  • Options
    Not going to watch it I'm afraid. Don't mind swapping my CAFC cash for home games but not paying £10 on top. Rather watch Sky & see ALL the goals from ALL the other games. Might even watch Millwall......
  • Options
    You they still charge £1.50 booking fee when using CAFC cash?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Couldn't give a shit about player marks, just glad there's a good picture and no jack hammer in the background 
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Supporters living abroad can purchase a season live video pass for £195, which will give them access to every game the club is allowed to stream internationally during the 2020/21 season.

Has the international season pass increased to £195 now from £140? 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    You they still charge £1.50 booking fee when using CAFC cash?
    They do when you can use it, but you can't use CAFC cash for away games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BalladMan said:

and on that note is it clear which games this would actually include.

Is there a more detailed statement or a list??

Home or home and away league?
    Cup?
    etc

Thanks
    Rich

• Options
    trickreed said:
    BalladMan said:

Cup?
    etc

Thanks
    Rich

Should you have any questions or queries on this year’s streaming, please email website@cafc.co.uk.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    trickreed said:
    BalladMan said:

Cup?
    etc

Thanks
    Rich

I have the international pass and it includes all home and away league games, unless they have been selected for international tv or are the main game on sky sports. 99% of the time those games are Championship games so not much to worry about. And if we do happen to be selected then it's easy to find another stream. 

I'm not sure whether cup games are included because we are never in them for long and I can't remember. The last one wasn't. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

But apart from that you thinks it's OK? ;)
  • Options
    trickreed said:
    BalladMan said:

Cup?
    etc

Thanks
    Rich

Its all games inc cups. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    seth plum said:

(Whispers) I don't think the comms team like the slightest hint of criticism, so I call it feedback.😊
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    shine166 said:
    trickreed said:
    BalladMan said:

Cup?
    etc

Thanks
    Rich

Its all games inc cups. 
    What I can say for certain for this season:
    1.  Did include all EFL trophy games
    2.  Did NOT include Carabou cup game against West Ham (additional £10 on a different service)
    3.  Includes all home and away league games.  EVEN if selected for broadcast, this will affect specific countries, so you would just need to 'move' for the game and return 'home' afterwards. 

I would be surprised if it included FA Cup, but who knows (and we probably get knocked out round 1 anyway)
  • Options
    After not being able to get my season pass yesterday, because nothing happened every time I tried to pay, I e-mailed the help line and with great efficiency this morning the problem has been cured. Well done the IT crowd. 

Morris Moss Meme Generator - Imgflip
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

(Whispers) I don't think the comms team like the slightest hint of criticism, so I call it feedback.😊
    I actually think they don’t mind constructive criticism.
    Thats healthy to improve the set up.
    I’m not sure how you can criticise bias, when it’s fans giving comms (& up until very recently) in their own time without any payment. 
  • Options
    Help, and apologies if this has been asked before.

I have just signed up and opened an account to watch Tonight's game via Valley Pass. Have paid my £10.

What are the next steps please. TIA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:

I have just signed up and opened an account to watch Tonight's game via Valley Pass. Have paid my £10.

Go to live.cafc.co.uk about 6:45pm and make sure you're logged in

If you are then you'll either get an option to play the stream or you'll have a message saying its not yet broadcasting

If you're not logged in you'll get a message asking you to buy the stream
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

How to watch the game

Once you have purchased your pass for either live game, you can watch in one of two ways:

Laptop/desktop:

To watch on your laptop or desktop, simply click on this link. Please note, you may need to sign-in again.

Mobile phone/tablet:

To watch on your mobile phone or tablet, you will need to download the Valley Pass app from your relevant app store. Once in the app, you will need to log-in and press on the tab that says "Live".

Supporters are advised to tune in 45 minutes before kick-off, the live pre-game show starts at 6.30pm.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f8d45a2095b9/get-your-pass-to-live-stream-blackpool-v-charlton-on-tuesday

• Options
    PeterGage said:

On the website it should have a drop down of Valley Pass, it should then say Watch Live Stream | Blackpool v Charlton, if you’re not signed it, log in and it should come up with a screen of where it would be shown.

I am sure someone else can explain it better than me, but once you’re logged in, it should be easy enough to find it.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

If you are then you'll either get an option to play the stream or you'll have a message saying its not yet broadcasting

Reminder the game kicks-off at 19.00 [7pm]
  • Options
    Cab anyone tell me if you can you watch the match on a smart TV?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    dingdong said:
    Cab anyone tell me if you can you watch the match on a smart TV?
    Yes if you link it to your phone, was quite a lot of posts about this on the page for the wigan game. On my s10 its called 'smart view' and takes seconds to connect to my TV 
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Thanks very much
  • Options
    People love a moan