Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Smyth on loan from QPR (following progress at Leyton Orient p8)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Have we missed news that Gallen has gone back to QPR? 
    He has a busy window ahead putting together bids for Chucks and Bonne 
  • Options
    Surprises me that, looked well short of Champ level from what I saw 
    Given how QPR ended last year, I wont be surprised if that applies to them as a whole come next May.

With Ferdinand leaving etc. and Smyth being a target, they could well be in trouble.
  • Options
    What’s with the . quote before every Twitter one Callum ? I’ll be honest it’s getting to me (so please continue) 
  • Options
    What’s with the . quote before every Twitter one Callum ? I’ll be honest it’s getting to me (so please continue) 
    He's getting ready to make his point.
  • Options
    This is a very surprising move , didn't see anything from Smyth to suggest he could play in the championship again. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Ainsworth doesn't last the season there 
  • Options
    Not a totally surprising move. Coming off the back of a decent season in league 2, he knows the club and he played under Ainsworth at Wycombe. 
  • Options
    Surprising move, for a player who hasn't shown himself to be a "top" L1 player, which is what you need if you are to sign someone for the Championship.

I quite liked him, he would have fitted well with the 433 system we played last year.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I’m posting on mobile 99% of the time and the option to post tweets on the mobile site is removed for some reason so I have to force load the desktop site to post a tweet…

But if I find the right thread and then reload the website to give me the desktop version, I lose the thread I wanted to post to in the first place.

SO I bump the thread with a . post on mobile version, then it’s at the top of the list and easy to find on desktop version where I can then post the tweet……

Did I make any sense at all there lol
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    This is a very surprising move , didn't see anything from Smyth to suggest he could play in the championship again. 

I'd say this is purely about money for Smyth.

I still think he's bang average but will get a big pay increase for now.  Ainsworth will probably last a few months before the sack and then Smyth will be back on loan in L1 or 2 but with plenty of money in the bank
  • Options
    How the fuck has he got a move back to the championship, he’s crap. Genuinely one of the worst players I have ever seen play for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I still think he's bang average but will get a big pay increase for now.  Ainsworth will probably last a few months before the sack and then Smyth will be back on loan in L1 or 2 but with plenty of money in the bank
    You make it sound like bad thing?
  • Options
    Surprises me that, looked well short of Champ level from what I saw 
    QPR or smyth?
  • Options
    That's quite a blow for Leyton O, especially on the back of their GK also going.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    That's quite a blow for Leyton O, especially on the back of their GK also going.
    Thinks will start to level off for them when they sign Bonne 😂
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Thinks will start to level off for them when they sign Bonne 😂
    Heard he might be going to Hibs - bet Jojo will be thrilled.
  • Options
    Slightly different take on Smyth.  But for anyone who’s played football particularly as a defender (not a dig at anyone who hasn’t btw) you might agree that Smyth type players are a nightmare to play against, those 5ft8 forwards who are pacey, constantly pressing with what seems like endless energy.  It’s not all about the stats, it’s the thankless jobs some players provide for a team.  He’s got ainsworth written all over him.  I think it’s a decent signing, we never used him right at charlton.  
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Not at all.  It's a short career so make hay while the sun shines.  If I were his agent I'd be saying he's unlikely to get a better offer at this time and he's not likely to make millions from the game so it makes perfect sense right now.

In an ideal world I'd prefer him playing at a club with a long term plan with him involved and that just isn't QPR
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Not at all.  It's a short career so make hay while the sun shines.  If I were his agent I'd be saying he's unlikely to get a better offer at this time and he's not likely to make millions from the game so it makes perfect sense right now.

In an ideal world I'd prefer him playing at a club with a long term plan with him involved and that just isn't QPR
    He is 25, going back to a former club under a manager he has played for before.  He knows what he is getting himself into.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocked to see him playing championship football tbh. Are qpr short on players or something.
  • Options
    Shocked to see him playing championship football tbh. Are qpr short on players or something.
    Possibly an FFP-driven signing. Relatively cheap, good attitude, versatile and was in good form.