Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Smyth on loan from QPR (following progress at Leyton Orient p8)

Comments

• Options
    Not fussed. Good luck to the lad. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I hate this stupid quote system. 
    Got to be Bowyers fault if he hadn’t signed Smyth you wouldn’t have have cocked up a quote on him 😉.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I would be surprised if Bogle agreed to leave for the sort of club which would want to sign him now! His agent can use the next few months to find as suitable a move for him as possible.
    Remember he has an option for a second year, if its the same as Amos's not playing won't necessarily stop him triggering it.  I think we might be paying for signing Omar for a while yet.

With Smyth yet another winger/attacking player Bowyer has publicly said he "wanted for ages" then not had the first idea of what to do with him.  Played in 4 different positions in about 10 games.

Either Bowyer is telling porkie pies when we sign these players or he thinks he can change them. 
    Thought like madison it’s the club who have the option rather than bogle? 
    "Charlton Athletic have completed the signing of proven goalscorer Omar Bogle on a one-year deal, with the option of a second year." 

"Charlton have completed the signing of attacking midfielder Marcus Maddison on a one-year deal with the option of a second."

They are both from the official site and Gallen said this 

“But with some it is one year because it is all they want. Other times I’m thinking that’s all I want to commit to here because there is risk factor with certain players. You try and find a middle ground. I’m glad I’ve put options in some players’ contracts.

A good example is someone like Ben Watson. He’s a great player and a great lad. He wanted a two-year contract, of course he did, he wanted security. But I’ve got to protect the football club and think ‘in a year’s time you’re 36’. So he will basically get another year if he plays a certain amount of games. And if he does play the games then he fully deserves it."

It's not really clear what the trigger is, or by whom, but I would assume that neither would leave now for anything less than 18 months on their current wage, what ever that is. 

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    thenewbie said:
    I hate this stupid quote system. 
    Got to be Bowyers fault if he hadn’t signed Smyth you wouldn’t have have cocked up a quote on him 😉.
    Obviously!! Bowyer needs to give the admins some public criticism, that'll fix it ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Morgan can probably do a better job at RWB than Smyth did. Shame to lose him as an attacking option though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We play them on the 1st May...

Not sure about the video clip attached to the Tweet, which just seems to flicker annoyingly!
  • Options
    Would guess its all about releasing a loan place so someone else that Gallen/Bowyer fancy more can be accommodated...
  • Options
    Good luck to him.
  • Options
    I presume they recalled him and sent him to Accrington because we said he was unlikely to play many games.
    exactly 
  • Options
    I presume they recalled him and sent him to Accrington because we said he was unlikely to play many games.
    Fair enough and not with a view to a permanent move in due course then as they’ve had him on loan before.
  • Options
    Yeah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watch him smash up the league now, scoring them lots of goals as they grab 2nd automatic spot...😉
  • Options
    Watch him smash up the league now, scoring them lots of goals as they grab 2nd automatic spot...😉
    ...behind champions Charlton Athletic...😉
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Wow a clinical and swift re-loan from QPR. Im a bit concerned about our loan record of late. We have loaned youngsters without playing them and also other loanees have gathered some mid term injuries with us.

The narrative of us simply improving any and every player is slightly changing. 
  • Options
    Liked the guy but the move makes sense for all parties. 
  • Options
    Liked the guy but the move makes sense for all parties. 
    Only if we bring in another body to replace him. Bad move if we don't 
  • Options
    Always gave 100% , but never really impressed   .
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    An honest footballer who was a trier but with Millar coming in, 4 bona fide strikers in Aneke, Schwartz, Washington and Stockley, plus Williams, there was no place for him.

Thanks for the assist and goal.