Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Smyth on loan from QPR (following progress at Leyton Orient p8)

Comments

• Options
    Shinnie is no doubt an upgrade on Lapslie. I'd have liked an out and out striker but I'm hopeful Smyth is an upgrade on Oztumer. Nice to have another pacey wide player rather than Doughty being the only player like that in the squad.

It'll be interesting to see how we line up, plenty of options now, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond. What I wouldn't expect to see is a back 3/5 too often.
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Only member of the squad that has played in the Champions League? 
    Amos played in the CL for Man U.
    One of only 2 members of our squad to play in the Champions League.....
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    An Ulster Smyth/Smith is fine by me no matter with a y or an i 

Welcome to the family 💚

Oh & it’s always pronounced with two ‘f’s’ 😜😜😜😜
  • Options
    PWR

Have you seen some of our "fans" reactions about players on social media ?

I'm pleased before you shout at me.
  • Options
    Nice little compilation of highlights put together by a Charlton fan. https://youtu.be/dp-cSijY1_A
  • Options
    Nice little compilation of highlights put together by a Charlton fan. https://youtu.be/dp-cSijY1_A
    Cue not scoring for us all season😸
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWR

Have you seen some of our "fans" reactions about players on social media ?

I'm pleased before you shout at me.
    Just wait until they suss out that Bonne is shyte and see how much more they moan!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Shinnie is no doubt an upgrade on Lapslie. I'd have liked an out and out striker but I'm hopeful Smyth is an upgrade on Oztumer. Nice to have another pacey wide player rather than Doughty being the only player like that in the squad.

It'll be interesting to see how we line up, plenty of options now, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond. What I wouldn't expect to see is a back 3/5 too often.
    Trying to think of the best formation to play Doughty and Smyth together. That pace could be frightening.
    I wouldn't want us to be playing a back 5 very often either though in this league.
  • Options
    So who got the better / raw end of the deal with Bonne and Smiffy?
  • Options
    No one knows yet. Maybe both clubs do?
  • Options
    I'd say given QPR are the parent club of both players they're the winners if both players do well.
  • Options
    Financially we did, but on the pitch probably QPR as our replacement for Bonne, Schwartz, fell though
  • Options
    https://fmdataba.com/20/p/155311/paul-smyth/

Long Throws 5. 5! Just shows, Football Manager are guessing half the time
  • Options
    (mind you, his other stats seem pretty spot-on. maybe he'd just never really taken throws until Bowyer asked him to give it a go?)
  • Options
    Can we sign him permanently please Mr. Sandgaard!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We could be forgiven for feeling a bit 'meh' when we signed this fella, but SG's recruitment genius has been highlighted again; he brings something to the team that significantly improves us.

Another diamond plucked from the rough!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Still very early days as he hasn't really done much yet. Looks promising though, bit different to what we have elsewhere. 
  • Options
    He's a smart signing. Bowyer likes a hard-working forward no matter what kind of player he is. He fits Bowyer's big man/quick man front two and he's capable of playing out wide cutting in, so he's capable of fitting various different ways that we are playing this season. He might not be an out and out goalscorer but this team will need to be more than the sum of its parts and I think he can be a big part of that
    It's the Curbishley Bowyer way
  • Options
    Impressed with Smith. Has a lot of desire and not scared to throw himself about, I imagine he would be a nightmare to defend against after 75mins 
  • Options
    Too early to say  , but I don't think he will score many goals  . He is quick  , but possibly a bit lightweight for League one . Hope I'm wrong  .
  • Options
    Is that his Jonny Williams impression 
  • Options
    100 % Yes
    0 % No