Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London Senior Cup

This season Charlton have entered the London Senior Cup and the draw was made yesterday. We have an away tie against AFC Croydon at a date to be arranged. There are 5 League clubs in the competition, so Leyton Orient, AFC Wimbledon, Brentford and Watford are potential opponents if we progress to later rounds. Hopefully we will do better than in our last appearance which was in season 1914-15. Charlton were expelled from the cup that year after failing to turn up for the Boxing Day match against Walthamstow Grange wrongly thinking that it had been postponed through a waterlogged pitch.

Comments

• We'll face Erith Town if we and they both progress to the next round.
  • full draw for what I believe is a far superior competition than the EFL Trophy 

Round 1
    Harrow Borough v Glebe
    Sporting Bengal United v Tooting & Mitcham United
    Beckenham Town v Fisher
    Redbridge v Welling United
    Cray Valley PM v Corinthian-Casuals
    Wingate & Finchley v Erith Town
    Phoenix Sports v Haringey Borough
    Balham v AFC Wimbledon
    Metropolitan Police v Leyton Orient
    Dartford v Dulwich Hamlet
    Clapton v Watford
    Cockfosters v Tower Hamlets
    Barking v Hanwell Town
    AFC Croydon Athletic v Charlton Athletic u23’s
    Byes: Hendon, Brentford

Round 2
    Cockfosters or Tower Hamlets v Clapton or Watford
    Redbridge or Welling United v Balham or AFC Wimbledon
    Wingate & Finchley or Erith Town v AFC Croydon Athletic or Charlton Athletic u23’s
    Beckenham Town or Fisher v Barking or Hanwell Town
    Harrow Borough or Glebe v Cray Valley (PM) or Corinthian-Casuals
    Hendon v Brentford
    Sporting Bengal United or Tooting & Mitcham United v Metropolitan Police or Leyton Orient
    Phoenix Sports or Haringey Borough v Dartford or Dulwich Hamlet

• edited October 2020
    Is it a bit like the Kent Senior Cup agreement where Charlton and Brentford cant come up against each other until the Final?

Although guess thats impossible with Wimbledon also involved
  • No. That is not possible with 5 League teams. I think from memory we would meet Orient if we both progress to Round 3. The only concession is that (at their request) the League sides play their matches away, although this is obviously not possible when they play each other.
  • No. That is not possible with 5 League teams. I think from memory we would meet Orient if we both progress to Round 3. The only concession is that (at their request) the League sides play their matches away, although this is obviously not possible when they play each other.
    Cheers, really didnt look at the draw properly as missed Leyton Orient and Watford as well
  • I assume spectators can go as this is below level 6 and therefore not elite?
  • What are Watford doing in this?

And yes while we previously played in the Kent cup, historically Charlton was in Kent whereas Watford has never been in London!
  • Sponsored links:

• It is open to clubs who play inside the M25.
    Thanks

I see Dartford are in it as well, so that makes sense now
    Thanks

I was wondering how Dartford had managed to sneak in
    Play at a neutral venue perhaps  :)
  • It's bound to be won by an EFL club, so why not us? 
  • Chizz said:
    It's bound to be won by an EFL club, so why not us? 
    Have you seen our cup record?
  • The M25 cup.

Will run smooth for a while, then there will be giant backlog of fixtures. One side of the draw will then get going while the other side of the draw are in a tail back.
    Always a lot of stoppage time though teams really can't come and park the bus.
    Thanks

I was wondering how Dartford had managed to sneak in
    Along the A2.
  • Tough on Leatherhead - just outside the M25.
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to Erith Town for the first time a few weeks ago. Enjoyed it but the attendance was no more than 40.

Would be quite something for them to have Charlton at home. Their ground is a leisure centre, like quite a few London/Kent non league sides 
  • cafctom said:
    Went to Erith Town for the first time a few weeks ago. Enjoyed it but the attendance was no more than 40.

Would be quite something for them to have Charlton at home. Their ground is a leisure centre, like quite a few London/Kent non league sides 
    Wingate and Finchley as a ground would be more appealing.
  • Chizz said:
    It's bound to be won by an EFL club, so why not us? 
    Have you seen our cup record?
    We're on an undefeated run in London Senior Cup stretching back more than 105 years. 
  • I have just been on the phone to the Chairman of AFC Croydon Athletic.
    He was very helpful and friendly, and advised me that the game is expected to be played in November although a date has not been discussed with Charlton.  The gate will be limited to 300, programmes will be online only.
  • Tuesday night's London Senior Cup tie between AFC Croydon Athletic and Charlton Athletic has been postponed "due to a positive Covid test" in the Charlton camp.
  • I have just been on the phone to the Chairman of AFC Croydon Athletic.
    He was very helpful and friendly, and advised me that the game is expected to be played in November although a date has not been discussed with Charlton.  The gate will be limited to 300, programmes will be online only.
    I hope you didn't ask for his lottery numbers.