Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loyalty points for 2020/21 season

Following suggestions from supporters, the club is looking at potential ways to introduce our loyalty point system for the 2020/21 season.

As such, we would like to hold a consultation with fans to understand how we can most effectively and fairly reintroduce this programme. If this is something you would like to take part in, simply click here to fill in a form with your details. 

The deadline for filling in the form is Sunday, October 4th with the club aiming to host the consultation on Thursday, October 8th. 

The club will be in contact with those fans selected ahead of the time to confirm the details for a video call via Zoom. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f75956cabfa7/loyalty-points-update

I hope the Valley Gold committee, Fans forum & CAST are aware of this consultation & will have some input, also anybody else who has concerns about the Loyalty point scheme.

Comments

• Options
    Nothing should be done. How can anyone be rewarded loyalty points for watching Charlton on tv
  • Options
    Anyone who kept that on for the full duration yesterday gets double bubble points ...

I fell asleep during it for 20 mins so I’ll lose some 
  • Options
    There definitely needs to be some kind of reward.

I haven’t managed to buy a season ticket this season for personal reasons, but will be watching every game live as I have done so far. I held my season ticket for years, been to many, many aways but circumstances dictate right now.

I am also a Valley Gold member, which I think VG should have a certain amount of loyalty points each season too.

Why can’t people like me have extra points added on so we don’t miss out when we can eventually go back to matches?

Other than buying a lump sum season ticket, which many can’t do in these times, I feel I am just as worthy as the next fan.
  • Options
    I didn't buy a season ticket this year for two reasons. Firstly the ownership issue and secondly covid. Would have bought one soon as Tommy took over but literally no point. Be disappointed if the club penalised me for this.
    We will watch nearly all games, home and away on VP. However as we have 3 sometimes 4, we would lose out if it was only 1 of us who got the loyalty points. Difficult one. 
    Certainly agree last season should be kept in tact with perhaps small allocation for streaming. 

• Options
    edited October 2020
    redman said:
    I didn't buy a season ticket this year for two reasons. Firstly the ownership issue and secondly covid. Would have bought one soon as Tommy took over but literally no point. Be disappointed if the club penalised me for this.
    We will watch nearly all games, home and away on VP. However as we have 3 sometimes 4, we would lose out if it was only 1 of us who got the loyalty points. Difficult one. 
    Certainly agree last season should be kept in tact with perhaps small allocation for streaming. 

1 stream, 1 person gets the points. You can all buy the stream and get points if they are available.. just like you'd all buy a ticket. Its a reward for spending money as much as anything else.  
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    redman said:

1 stream, 1 person gets the points. You can all buy the stream and get points if they are available.. just like you'd all buy a ticket. Its a reward for spending money as much as anything else.  
    This.

A sensible half way house is that you should get half the points you get for going if you are streaming through Valley Pass. Must be a bit galling if you’re abroad and have streamed every league game from the club, but don’t get any form of priority when it comes to e.g a big away game / playoff final which might be your 1 match a year in person.

If they were going blue sky thinking, they’d come up with a way to recognise any spending done with the club e.g. in the club shop / hospitality, which would drive ancillary revenues. 
  • Options
    To be honest did Not see the survey. I would have completed if I had. 

For me it’s simple, just  carry the points forward from The previous year(s)and don’t wipe at end of this season. 

This season is a write off for attending. I am just glad I got to go against Doncaster. 

i am more than happy if they provide the points from purchasing a stream. I have watched  every game to date including the EFL Trophy and will stream  every game this season that I cannot Physically attend. 

Yes the stream is not ideal, but it’s better than nothing and although I don’t like Tv commentary I have to admit having a biased Charlton view (When the sound works😁)makes a nice change from the drivel Spouted on Sky. 

if you were a Charlton supporter why wouldn’t you be watching? If Charlton decide to give fans loyalty points for purchasing a stream we should give those paying the full amount Full  points and those designated abroad half. 

First priority has and always should be season ticket holders,  Thankfully the club have always acknowledged with  past loyalty schemes. Then it should be Valley Gold. 

Whatever they decide unfortunately, it’s going to be a long time before we get to see Charlton at the Valley let alone elsewhere. 

• Options
    To be honest did Not see the survey. I would have completed if I had. 

For me it’s simple, just  carry the points forward from The previous year(s)and don’t wipe at end of this season. 

This season is a write off for attending. I am just glad I got to go against Doncaster. 

i am more than happy if they provide the points from purchasing a stream. I have watched  every game to date including the EFL Trophy and will stream  every game this season that I cannot Physically attend. 

Yes the stream is not ideal, but it’s better than nothing and although I don’t like Tv commentary I have to admit having a biased Charlton view (When the sound works😁)makes a nice change from the drivel Spouted on Sky. 

if you were a Charlton supporter why wouldn’t you be watching? If Charlton decide to give fans loyalty points for purchasing a stream we should give those paying the full amount Full  points and those designated abroad half. 

First priority has and always should be season ticket holders,  Thankfully the club have always acknowledged with  past loyalty schemes. Then it should be Valley Gold. 

Whatever they decide unfortunately, it’s going to be a long time before we get to see Charlton at the Valley let alone elsewhere. 

Its a £2 difference. Home attendance is the same whether you spend £250 in the covered, or £500 in the west. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's messy. There should be a reward for those who bought a ST, and those who buy £10 matchday passes (for away games too) but it's hardly the same commitment as actually going to games. Thus to me the 2019/20 points should be rolled over an extra season (into 2021/22) to reward those who went to away games back then
    Buying a season ticket is a commitment to intend to go....the problem is the club has not held past records past a year. So we can't refer back and average things out for away games etc.
    Reminds me of government on exam assessments.  
    They have records for 2 seasons, whether for STs, match day purchases or away tickets, that's a decent history now

The whole point of loyalty points is to prioritise who gets away tickets when the numbers wanting to go are greater than the availability. Buying a £10 stream for an away match at Accrington clearly should be rewarded, but nowhere near the level of someone who had actually gone to say Middlesbrough the previous season (£25 ticket plus travel costs and time)
  • Options
    It's messy. There should be a reward for those who bought a ST, and those who buy £10 matchday passes (for away games too) but it's hardly the same commitment as actually going to games. Thus to me the 2019/20 points should be rolled over an extra season (into 2021/22) to reward those who went to away games back then
    Buying a season ticket is a commitment to intend to go....the problem is the club has not held past records past a year. So we can't refer back and average things out for away games etc.
    Reminds me of government on exam assessments.  
    They have records for 2 seasons, whether for STs, match day purchases or away tickets, that's a decent history now

The whole point of loyalty points is to prioritise who gets away tickets when the numbers wanting to go are greater than the availability. Buying a £10 stream for an away match at Accrington clearly should be rewarded, but nowhere near the level of someone who had actually gone to say Middlesbrough the previous season (£25 ticket plus travel costs and time)
    Id put forward an argument that i should get more points for boro away than millwall/qpr away
  • Options

The deadline for filling in the form is Sunday, October 4th with the club aiming to host the consultation on Thursday, October 8th. 

The club will be in contact with those fans selected ahead of the time to confirm the details for a video call via Zoom. 

Did anybody on here get an invite or take part in the consultation?

• Options
    clive said:

Did you get an invite Clive?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:

Did you get an invite Clive?
    I filled in the form but received no reply.
  • Options
    Same here but CAST has now been invited to a meeting on Monday afternoon. 
  • Options
    Pico said:
        No reply for me, so would it be a good idea for CAST members to contact you with any ideas for the consultation?
    Has anybody else on here who filled in the form been invited to the meeting?
  • Options
    How can there be a meeting under the rule of six.? 
  • Options
    How can there be a meeting under the rule of six.? 

• Options
    clive said:
    Pico said:
        No reply for me, so would it be a good idea for CAST members to contact you with any ideas for the consultation?
    Has anybody else on here who filled in the form been invited to the meeting?
    I got a reply and was invited to the meeting on Thursday. However I had to decline as I got my dates mixed up. Did it go ahead or has it been postponed until Monday in which case I could attend 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pico said:
    It would so.
  • Options
    I filled in the form but didn't get an invite. Should be no points given until fans can attend. 
  • Options
    I filled the form in but got no response 
  • Options
    Not very impressed with how this is being organised.

I got the impression that CAST was invited along with all the other fan groups which make up the Fans Forum so maybe this is in addition to the individuals who were accepted ?

Still don't know what time on Monday afternoon but we are hoping someone from CAST can attend. 

It won't be me attending but, if I were, I think I'd take the view that there should be some recognition for this year's season ticket and stream buyers but not to the extent that it overrides last year's points. 
    There are strong reasons for many people for not buying a 20/21 season ticket so it shouldn't be seen as lack of loyalty. However, there should be some reward for those who have bought. 

Very happy to receive feedback / comments from CAST members and non-members and will ensure they are fed in to whoever attends. The best place to do that at this stage is here. 

• Options
    What's happening with this? I have spent over £100 on Valley Pass but no points. There should be an incentive for continuing to spend during the current pandemic.
  • Options
    What's happening with this? I have spent over £100 on Valley Pass but no points. There should be an incentive for continuing to spend during the current pandemic.

Is this not enough incentive for you?

;)
  • Options

Supporters’ loyalty points will revert to points accrued during the 2019/20 season when 2021/22 season tickets going on sale.

With the entirety of the 2020/21 season affected by COVID-19, the Valley has not been able to host a capacity crowd this season, so supporters have had no opportunity to accrue loyalty points other than those who purchased season tickets.

This means that, in the coming days, these fans will see any loyalty points granted from this season removed from their account. 

The club’s loyalty points scheme provides fans who regularly support the team with greater ticket priority for in-demand away and cup matches. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60cca1ad22363/season-ticket-seat-release-deadline-confirmed

• Options
    Best way to do it.