Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL Cup Charlton 1-1 Brighton U21, 4-1 penalties - MoM etc

thanks tot he 15 of us that gave marks:

Maynard-Brewer-----6.93 MoM
Morgan------------6.90
Mingi--------------6.53
Davison------------6.37
Vennings-----------6.37
Barker-------------6.17
Watson------------6.00
Henry-------------5.83
Vega--------------5.80
Forster-Caskey-----5.40
Williams-----------5.20
Lapslie------------5.17
Team average------6.06

Doesn't say much for our established 1st team players does it?

Comments

• Options
    Are there highlights of this match anywhere?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Are there highlights of this match anywhere?
    Are there ever any highlights in an EFL Cup game?
  • Options
    It wasn't a great game to be honest but I enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    thanks tot he 15 of us that gave marks:

Maynard-Brewer-----6.93 MoM
    Morgan------------6.90
    Mingi--------------6.53
    Davison------------6.37
    Vennings-----------6.37
    Barker-------------6.17
    Watson------------6.00
    Henry-------------5.83
    Vega--------------5.80
    Forster-Caskey-----5.40
    Williams-----------5.20
    Lapslie------------5.17
    Team average------6.06

Doesn't say much for our established 1st team players does it?
    Good lad Albie, up at 6.90. 
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed it actually.  Nice to get the bonus point and 2 very good saves by AMB in goal

i retesting holy Barker was very vocal and busy doing the organisation at the back - he’s very Impressive for his age 

• Options
    Didn't see the match so have no idea but are the players from the 1st team at the bottom of the table because they're judged to a higher standard than the u23s, or were they our 3 worst performers?
  • Options
    I thought Oztumer was shit last night..... 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Didn't see the match so have no idea but are the players from the 1st team at the bottom of the table because they're judged to a higher standard than the u23s, or were they our 3 worst performers?
    Worst performers. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    Worst performers. 
    That's frustrating 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    Worst performers. 
    That's frustrating 
    I think that's why people have been going mad on the other thread today. 

If they couldn't show up against an U23 side, then it's concerning, unless they were told not to get too stuck in to reduce risk to the players. (Williams was definitely aware that he needed to show up)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Swisdom said:
    I quite enjoyed it actually.  Nice to get the bonus point and 2 very good saves by AMB in goal

i retesting holy Barker was very vocal and busy doing the organisation at the back - he’s very Impressive for his age 

Yes, you could see that Barker is going to be a great player. He can pick a pass too. He looks for Naby passes not 1 yard ones. Maybe something rubbed off on him, but it is a great attribute to develop.

He made a couple of wrong calls that you would expect from a 17 year old and this serves as a reminder that we should ease his first team path and not expect too much too soon. Pretty much in line with what Bowyer has said. We need to get him on a long contract as soon as it is possible.
  • Options
    only seen a clip of the goal and penalty saves. Who was it had the initial shot that was saved before Morgan scored? 
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Yes, you could see that Barker is going to be a great player. He can pick a pass too. He looks for Naby passes not 1 yard ones. Maybe something rubbed off on him, but it is a great attribute to develop.

He made a couple of wrong calls that you would expect from a 17 year old and this serves as a reminder that we should ease his first team path and not expect too much too soon. Pretty much in line with what Bowyer has said. We need to get him on a long contract as soon as it is possible.
    My only slight criticism of Barker, and I understand this is commonplace with players of that age, is he can tend to commit to a slide tackle rather than stand the player up.  He did it a couple of times against Brighton but he is very athletic and can recover and get back on his feet quickly but it is something I expect they will get him to work on because better players will punish him for that.  Only a minor thing though and it will come with experience.

Was also impressed with Vennings the other night.  He was noticeable and was the legs for Ben Watson who is regaining fitness.  Watson will be a VERY good mentor for the likes of Vennings and Aaron Henry.  He's a natural leader and very vocal and having that rub off on the players will help them no end
  • Options
    redman said:
    only seen a clip of the goal and penalty saves. Who was it had the initial shot that was saved before Morgan scored? 
    JFC
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

My only slight criticism of Barker, and I understand this is commonplace with players of that age, is he can tend to commit to a slide tackle rather than stand the player up.  He did it a couple of times against Brighton but he is very athletic and can recover and get back on his feet quickly but it is something I expect they will get him to work on because better players will punish him for that.  Only a minor thing though and it will come with experience.

Was also impressed with Vennings the other night.  He was noticeable and was the legs for Ben Watson who is regaining fitness.  Watson will be a VERY good mentor for the likes of Vennings and Aaron Henry.  He's a natural leader and very vocal and having that rub off on the players will help them no end
    Hope he's not rubbing off on academy players.