Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Missing the takeover and bonkers shenanigans

Anyone got withdrawal symptoms from the lack of takeover news, no more random speculation, wild rumour and ITK hints?

Know already all you need to know about Sandgaard?

Bored by routine game and transfer threads?

No, me neither

😁

Comments

• Options
    Personally I think we should bring it back now to speculate when Barclay and Muir are going to invest :smiley:
  • Options
    Totally miss the flurry of news and posts on the shenanigans thread! Quite exciting, if worrying, and I felt very close to the Charltonlife and Charlton family whilst sharing the traumas. :)
     But, I don't miss the constant worry about how it will all be resolved, Phew!  Something new to worry about will crop up, I am sure. Rock on Tommy and sign some new players.
  • Options
    Absolutely not. Good Riddance 
  • Options
    An extra hour in bed
  • Options
    there was a takeover? When?
  • Options
    I remember when I'd wake up in the morning and see another 100-posts unread on the Sandgaard thread

Was always a good start to the day reading all those comments that had nothing to do with the actual takeover
  • Options
    Can’t we pretend there hasn’t been a takeover yet and continue to argue amongst ourselves?

I miss the anger, frustration and helplessness of it all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton aren’t taking up any less of my thoughts since the takeover, I’m just enjoying thinking about “normal” on the pitch stuff rather than having to become accustomed to the finer points of contract law, house buying analogies and Greater Manchester geography. 
  • Options
    I remember when I'd wake up in the morning and see another 100-posts unread on the Sandgaard thread

Was always a good start to the day reading all those comments that had nothing to do with the actual takeover
    Or checking back after an hour to find another 460 posts and thinking this must be it..................but no.
  • Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure it will be back very shortly when PE gets yet another court ruling in his favour. 

I'm sure this place will go into meltdown when a high court judge deems the sale to MS illegal, charges him with contempt & shuts down the club.
  • Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure it will be back very shortly when PE gets yet another court ruling in his favour. 

I'm sure this place will go into meltdown when a high court judge deems the sale to MS illegal, charges him with contempt & shuts down the club.
    Doubt the court will rule the sale to MS illegal, not sure that’s even in dispute. 
  • Options
    It was the best of times, yet also the worst of times. I miss it.
  • Options
    What i think is slightly ironic is the first post on this thread relegated the iconic shenanigans thread to page 2.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm still struggling to walk in a straight line with giddiness after going round and round for months; really missing it like a raging toothache and the mother of all hangovers rolled into one 😫.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Cheese, fish, buying houses, and repetition;
    On this thread and the monster thread.

It was like Rick Stein meets Homes under the hammer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Just listen to this several times a day and slowly wean yourself off that over the next few weeks.
    Maaaaat Southwell 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I'm still struggling to walk in a straight line with giddiness after going round and round for months; really missing it like a raging toothache and the mother of all hangovers rolled into one 😫.
    I miss hangovers ;)
  • Options
    I’ve switched my allegiance to the Summer Transfer Thread 😎
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    aliwibble said:
    You have no idea how relieved I am that it's (probably) over.
    But is it?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bet you still get up in the mornings and stare at the wall questioning what your going to do with your day like the rest of us though
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bet you still get up in the mornings and stare at the wall questioning what your going to do with your day like the rest of us though

That would be heaven. Better than me - I wake up and stare at the wall questioning what day it is!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Whatever next?

A thread about the thread about the thread about the takeover?

We're forgetting that there was a takeover thread that was closed at over 2000 pages, previous to the last takeover thread.

Is Golfie really so crazy to suggest another may be on the horizon?

This thread is tempting fate imo