Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Don’t think Maddison refused to play at Hull. He was available for the games until his contract expired and then Hull decided to let him go and not ask him to play the remaining games.
    I've done some research on this and it appears that Peterborough didn't offer to extend his contract with them for the additional dates and so he would have only been paid for the Hull portion of any extension, or they'd have had to pay his full salary for those dates. As he wasn't willing to accept their offers they let him go for those full 9 games. 

In addition to this Hull knew Peterborough didn't want him back and told him they also wouldn't be taking up the option to sign him permanently beyond the end of the season. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020

• Options
    T_C_E said:

The best edit I have ever seen Ray 😉
  • Options
    I’ve always been a Curbs rather than a Redknapp.

Individuals can win you games but can also destroy squads. Getting the right character and blend into a squad is vital and this bloke always give the impression he’s a wrong un.  
    Look forward to being proved completely wrong. 
    I've no doubt he's a bit of a wrong'un but I believe in Bowyer & Jackson to manage his ego. 
  • Options
    I like players with a bit of a chip on their shoulder. Welcome Marcus. Would like to see some goals from midfield. COYA
  • Options

Individuals can win you games but can also destroy squads. Getting the right character and blend into a squad is vital and this bloke always give the impression he’s a wrong un.  
    To flip it on its head - we loved Lyle Taylor, and he appeared to be a team player, but in the end he wasn’t - by a country mile

Personally, it’s very much about the management team for me - could a twat like Dowie cope with bad eggs, nope - can Bowyer,  well IMO yes he can, judging by how he comes across in interviews and his honesty, and the way he played the game

Its history now, but I would be interested to see if Bowyer could have solved Tony Watt if I had a time machine

As Lennie said ‘never look back wishing’
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Isn’t it great to be debating a new signing - and a decent one at that. The takeover thread has floated away into the distant past 
    OH YES !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's apparently been training with Oxford so should be relatively fit. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Not sure I believe this bad character narrative.  Peterborough were looking to sell him, and had an agreement with him to sell, for a few close seasons.  Clubs were unwilling to sign him for a big fee as his pace is average.  I think he came back not as effective at the start of 18/19 season, but then had an excellent second half of the season.  No time did he refuse to play.  Peterborough only started to push a transfer when they didn't have an extra contract option on him.

Maybe he is a bad character, but I've never seen it on the pitch.  In this division just his assists alone push him towards being a divison mvp.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Don’t think Maddison refused to play at Hull. He was available for the games until his contract expired and then Hull decided to let him go and not ask him to play the remaining games.
    I've done some research on this and it appears that Peterborough didn't offer to extend his contract with them for the additional dates and so he would have only been paid for the Hull portion of any extension, or they'd have had to pay his full salary for those dates. As he wasn't willing to accept their offers they let him go for those full 9 games. 

In addition to this Hull knew Peterborough didn't want him back and told him they also wouldn't be taking up the option to sign him permanently beyond the end of the season. 
    So, as I said, he didn’t refuse to play.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

So, as I said, he didn’t refuse to play.
    Well he might have refused to play for the amount Hull offered to pay for the last 6 fixtures.

But I was adding to your comment rather than challenging it.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I've no doubt he's a bit of a wrong'un but I believe in Bowyer & Jackson to manage his ego. 
    Time changes people, sometimes for the better.

25 years ago Bowyer had a bit of a reputation but, has changed for the better me thinks. 
  • Options
    If I bring along my felt tips, can I colour him in?
    😊
    Or join up the dots ? 

Don't care what he looks like TBH, as long as he scores plenty of goals for us. 
  • Options
    He has plenty of skill and looks like there is a bit of an edge and some arrogance in the way he plays. Not qualities we seem to have in abundance within our current squad. Looking forward to seeing him play for us.
  • Options
    Imagine if he could have come in Jan. Not sure his and Lyle's egos would fit into the same dressing room!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon he might just be mustard, we know he’s got it in him, it’s whether bowyer can get him to perform. 

Game changer on his day. I think Bowyer will actually get the best out of him by GIVING him responsibility.

quietly positive 
  • Options
    So thankful that Mouthall got the ball rolling on this one! 
  • Options
    So.......

Taylor refused to play after lockdown = called a snake & demonized.

Maddison refused to play after lockdown = dogs bollox & swooned over.

Not swooning - just willing to see how it plays out 

At the end of the day I want to see us go up - if he is someone who adds to the side and enables that, great

If he doesn’t - well so be it

Many players over the years have come in and not performed for us, despite expectations

Some have not performed - got pelters from the fans, but come good

And in that respect I offer up evidence 1 - Mark Azlewood - discuss if you wish
    I do remember Aizlewood's "v" sign to the crowd at The Valley.  Yet another welshman  !!

Btw......my comment re downing tools was tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    Hes the dog bits at this level, epic signing.. just hope he don't take too long to be match fit.
  • Options
    Good signing for me - With Bowyer , Pratley and Watson around can’t see him getting away with any shenanigans.