Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    I wasn't that positive when he signed, but I was very impressed with his cameo against Sunderland. 

The way he tracked back and made a crucial last minute header belied those who said he didn't work hard  

I hope he is fit enough to play against Plymouth next Saturday. 
  • Options
    It's frustrating, as unlike previous signings who've arrived with a dodgy injury record such as Jonny, Maddison had a great fitness record at Posh
  • Options
    It's frustrating, as unlike previous signings who've arrived with a dodgy injury record such as Jonny, Maddison had a great fitness record at Posh
    Charltonised already. Claimed Lewis Page's place on the treatment table.
  • Options
    He seems like a proper character 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Right now I cannot see that there is a regular place for Maddison. I wonder if Bowyer now regrets having signed him ?
    Him and Williams will do the Aneke/Bogle switcheroo act most games when fit I think 
    Once Bogle is properly match fit I wouldn't be surprised to see Aneke and Williams do a 60/30 switcharoo Saturday-Tuesday.

Aneke is a better 10 than he is 9.
    Can't see it. Aneke going to be predominatly a striker this season I think, we're already slightly short up front. We have plenty of options, particularly when Maddison and then Doughty are back, but I think Leuth is right. I soon expect us to go with the diamond, Maddison/Williams and then Bogle/Aneke. 
    All other things being equal I still think Bowyer sees Aneke as a 10.  If he gets Bogle fit enough to play 90 every game, we will find out, until that happens we won't. 

Bowyer isn't going to say "he isn't a 9 but I have got to play him there".  Not with this owner, he doesn't have to play those games any more. 

We might see something change in January but until then I think its obvious Aneke is going to be used as a striker 
    Right on, mate. I feel pretty sure we'll bring in another/different type striker option in January - but until at least then, Aneke is a striker, target man and hold up merchant.

• Options
    It sounds a bit like he's his own best friend. :smile:

#alwayshomealone

• Options
    Leuth said:
    More than a good season for Charlton, I just hope he meets a nice lass 
    As long as she can cook.

She might have to wash up as well, while he's watching Netflix. :smile:

• Options
    You can see why a lot of football people don’t like him. 

His goals and assists make up for the poor diet and late nights playing Fifa. Hopefully he can get out on the pitch and start doing what he does, if not I can see Bowyer and the players growing tired of him sitting in 2nd gear while they’re going flat out
    Poor diet? He's literally said 'cheat day', that doesn't mean he's eating KFC and Pizza every day.

If a pro athlete is training 2-3 hours a day 5-6 days a week and eating well on those days, then i really can't see it as an issue if he has a takeaway at a weekend. I can't imagine every player out there follows a diet like Ronaldo.
    The poor diet comment came from what I’ve heard from Posh fans, not what I’ve seen on Instagram. Every Peterborough fan I’ve spoken to have said that he’s a genius on the pitch and very unprofessional off it. 

My point was he can do whatever he wants off the pitch as long as he’s winning matches for Charlton, at the moment he’s not. You can see already he’s being made to cut it out and do extras in the gym. 

For the record, I like Marcus Maddison. You need the characters in the game otherwise it becomes sterile. He’s 27 now and needs to decide whether he’s going to be kick on in his career or forever be a big fish in a small pond. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

#alwayshomealone

I reckon he spends ages in front of the mirror admiring his many tattoos and planning where to have the next one, BUT, is there an untattooed patch of flesh left to embellish ?
  • Options

His goals and assists make up for the poor diet and late nights playing Fifa. Hopefully he can get out on the pitch and start doing what he does, if not I can see Bowyer and the players growing tired of him sitting in 2nd gear while they’re going flat out
    Poor diet? He's literally said 'cheat day', that doesn't mean he's eating KFC and Pizza every day.

If a pro athlete is training 2-3 hours a day 5-6 days a week and eating well on those days, then i really can't see it as an issue if he has a takeaway at a weekend. I can't imagine every player out there follows a diet like Ronaldo.
    Hmmm i think its poor from Maddison, no wonder he hasn’t performed in the Championship. Geezer has a dominoes every sunday!
  • Options
    When are we going to see him ?
  • Options
    When are we going to see him ?
    Might have more chance being a domino’s delivery driver TBH 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The poor diet comment came from what I’ve heard from Posh fans, not what I’ve seen on Instagram. Every Peterborough fan I’ve spoken to have said that he’s a genius on the pitch and very unprofessional off it. 

My point was he can do whatever he wants off the pitch as long as he’s winning matches for Charlton, at the moment he’s not. You can see already he’s being made to cut it out and do extras in the gym. 

For the record, I like Marcus Maddison. You need the characters in the game otherwise it becomes sterile. He’s 27 now and needs to decide whether he’s going to be kick on in his career or forever be a big fish in a small pond. 
    With the salary cap coming in and his age he has an important decision to make. Is he happy to coast along as he has been, picking up 2k a week for the next 4 years before it inevitably starts dropping with his age, or does he put the hard work in on and off the pitch to get into the championship (hopefully with us!) and earn 5 times that or more.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to have pizza left on my face after saying Marcus Maddison was going to be a big player for CAFC this season. At 27 he should be hitting his peak but he needs to be playing to keep him out of mischief.

He has more chance of scoring on Tinder than scoring for Cafc at the moment.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to have pizza left on my face after saying Marcus Maddison was going to be a big player for CAFC this season. At 27 he should be hitting his peak but he needs to be playing to keep him out of mischief.

He has more chance of scoring on Tinder than scoring for Cafc at the moment.
    only if it's a scruffy tap in after two or three have had a go before him
    best place to score is in the box and he ain't close to getting on the playing surface
  • Options
    I think he's gonna be a key player for us this season. Can't wait for him to be fully fit
  • Options
    Sounds like a guy who flies close to the wind and lives life with all the toppings.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

#alwayshomealone

I reckon he spends ages in front of the mirror admiring his many tattoos and planning where to have the next one, BUT, is there an untattooed patch of flesh left to embellish ?
    Weird 😳