Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Margate FC - New Kits!

Comments

• Appalling !!!
  • What's with the Jackson Pollock theme
  • Soooo rock 'n roll!
  • Carter said:
    I think they are brilliant 

The Libertines along with a very good friend of mine are doing nothing but good things for the town of Margate and have been for at least the last 10 years 
    Was wondering whether the Libertines had a link to the area.
  • I actually quite like them
  • As bad as these are they will be very collectable in years to come
  • like them.
  • Like them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

The Libertines along with a very good friend of mine are doing nothing but good things for the town of Margate and have been for at least the last 10 years 
    What's their connection with Margate? As far as i'm aware none of the band are from there.
  • cafc999 said:
    As bad as these are they will be very collectable in years to come
    Why?
  • Was Pete on LSD at the design meeting? 
  • I guess it's about promoting this, https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-libertines-to-open-albion-rooms-hotel-in-margate-later-this-month-2748976

So on this terms it looks like it's working. 
  • cafc999 said:
    As bad as these are they will be very collectable in years to come
    Why?
    Shit design and it has The Libertines on it 
  • Carter said:

What's their connection with Margate? As far as i'm aware none of the band are from there.
    They own a hotel there
  • Think they’re all nice. Good to have something different. 
  • Definitely would buy the jizzy pink camo one for my weekly kick abouts.

But only if it were a CAFC top
  • Sponsored links:

• I think going wacky on all 4 is perhaps a bit much. Should be reserved for keepers and thirds imo. 
  • like the home shirt
  • Short sleeve goalkeeper shirts are just a way of trying to flog 4 shirts instead of 2.  Very cynical.
  • I think they great
  • Carter said:

They own a hotel there
    Margate’s a bit hipstery now isn’t it? 
  • se9addick said:
    Carter said:

They own a hotel there
    Margate’s a bit hipstery now isn’t it? 
    About a third of it.

The other 2/3 is still pretty run down.

It's getting much needed investment though to bring it up again, hopefully it works, I like a lot of the new stuff there, some quirky pubs etc.
  • Stig said:
    I guess it's about promoting this, https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-libertines-to-open-albion-rooms-hotel-in-margate-later-this-month-2748976

So on this terms it looks like it's working. 
    The hotel was featured on the BBC South East News last night.
  • Wasn't Tracey Emin from Margate also - and whatever you think of her and her art, she did help to get the ball rolling for Margate.

• The home kits look like they're inspired by graffitied pub toilets! Prefer the "jizzy camo" variations as @Dazzler21 so eloquently described them...haha!