Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is paying the bills?

How is it possible for CAFC to keep running when we don't even know who owns the club? Somebody must be paying for everything but who exactly? It's like some sort of magic trick but this must have some influence when it comes to the court case. Can anybody shine any light on it?

Comments

• Elliott (according to undisputed statements his lawyer made in court last week)
  • The current ownership isn't in dispute is it?

But you do raise a valid point.  How can you sign players, I would guess that the 2 perms are on more than 1.3k a week.

How can you run a full u23 squad. 

If you weeks away from "going bust" you would keep expenditure to an absolute minimum wouldn't you?  We dont/didn't need those players to be able to field a team.  All very strange. 
  • Well you could ask the CFO but I don't think we've got one have we?
  • Well you could ask the CFO but I don't think we've got one have we?
    MM is probably doing it on a fag packet. 
  • se9addick said:
    Elliott (according to undisputed statements his lawyer made in court last week)
    I believe that was he had put money in not that he was continuing to do so. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Well you could ask the CFO but I don't think we've got one have we?
    MM is probably doing it on a fag packet. 
    I doubt it's that professional
  • He's not old enough to buy cigarettes is he?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Could get interesting at the end of the month !
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Could get interesting at the end of the month !
    Well quite, there are loads of legal implications of increasing your expenditure if you know you can't meet it. 
  • I have asked Farnell a few times but he has stopped responding to me.  I've been chipping away at him for a few weeks but he's definitely ignoring me the coward.  Maybe he is in the same "bunker of cowards" as Malteser Head Southall and Lee "CAFC through-and-through Amis.

Bunch or turds
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    There's absolutely no way he's continued to do so, especially when Nimer came back to sell to TS. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    There's absolutely no way he's continued to do so, especially when Nimer came back to sell to TS. 
    @Henry Irving made a comment about the website usage being at the same time he was putting money in.  Its clear he no longer has any access or control over the clubs coms. 
  • Central funds from the EFL were paid in August. This was not believed to be enough at the time to pay the September salaries.
  • Elliott put in money around June/July I imagine, he's certainly not doing it now.

Yes the finances ARE a bit of mystery, as we are in a situation where Bowyer has money to spend but isn't allowed to only because of the embargo, which seems a bit curious considering the lack of funds provided by ESI and the lack of transfer income, other than Fosu in January. Obviously the loss of high earning players like Taylor, Sarr and Solly has helped, I assume the EFL/PL have provided some funding and the government/HMRC are being generous in terms of non payment of taxes perhaps?
  • Swisdom said:
    I have asked Farnell a few times but he has stopped responding to me.  I've been chipping away at him for a few weeks but he's definitely ignoring me the coward.  Maybe he is in the same "bunker of cowards" as Malteser Head Southall and Lee "CAFC through-and-through Amis.

Bunch or turds
    Malteser head, what brilliant description of him.
  • Central funds from the EFL were paid in August. This was not believed to be enough at the time to pay the September salaries.
    Well it begs the question how and why are they still trading......... 
  • Didn't MM say they were working on funding beyond the end of this month (or was that beyond end August) were a takeover not yet completed? That was after Sandegard's interest had been revealed so presume ESIv1 were at that point not planning to accept any further cash injections from Elliott.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Central funds from the EFL were paid in August. This was not believed to be enough at the time to pay the September salaries.
    Well it begs the question how and why are they still trading......... 
    The same as most other clubs in the country though. 

The difference between football clubs and other businesses is that during a transfer window there is an easy way to raise cash if you are desperate
  • So Elliott and his backers paid wages initially, central funds came from the EFL and possible sale of players required to keep heads above water. Lex Dominus - a name that twists the knife in - must feel they have reasonable claims even if the EFL don't like them.
    Next question. Any ideas how much they think they can pocket from Sandgaard or knowledge of what he has offered?
  • edited September 2020
    If I am thinking about buying your car, but haven't bought it yet, then paying for a new set of tyres does not make the sale inevitable in law does it?
    I might have a legal agreement that says you have to hang on to the car until you reimburse me for the tyres.
    Elliott cares so much for Charlton Athletic though.
    Because using the car analogy he can then sell the super duper cutting edge electronics in the car, and then send the rest of it to scrap.
    I actually hate Paul 'administrative error' Elliott.
  • Sponsored links:

• But you did buy my car. Because my gran doesn't like you, you might need to get somebody else to drive the car for a while until the fuss has died down, then sell the cutting edge electronics. It's just so heartbreaking to watch 'admin error' Elliott knowing the danger it's putting the club into.
  • seth plum said:
    If I am thinking about buying your car, but haven't bought it yet, then paying for a new set of tyres does not make the sale inevitable in law does it?
    I might have a legal agreement that says you have to hang on to the car until you reimburse me for the tyres.
    Elliott cares so much for Charlton Athletic though.
    Because using the car analogy he can then sell the super duper cutting edge electronics in the car, and then send the rest of it to scrap.
    I actually hate Paul 'administrative error' Elliott.
    Or I agree to buy your car for £500, but before I get the keys a rich Danish guy offers you £10000 for it, so you want to sell it to him instead

I claim that there's an agreement that you agreed to sell it to me, and it goes to court in November to decide...
  • Is not £50,000 rent due to Roland at the end of September?
  • Is not £50,000 rent due to Roland at the end of September?
    Pretty sure the answer is yes but I think it is also believed that the JUne payment is still outstanding. 

The salaries are a more imminent problem and I suspect we will see the sale of 1 of Phillips, Bonne or Doughty before the end of the month and certainly 1 maybe 2 before transfer deadline closes. 
  • Next rent payment instalments 29th September and 25th December.
  • edited September 2020

• edited September 2020
    Addickted said:
    Next rent payment instalments 29th September and 25th December.
  • edited September 2020
  • Can anybody tell us how much it cost Charlton to have 1000 fans in The Valley on saturday .

• Can anybody tell us how much it cost Charlton to have 1000 fans in The Valley on saturday .

A good question. You'd hope that the government or EFL would have given some financial assistance for these test events, seeing that they are for the benefit of all football