Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Holders returning to The Valley? 16/9: Confirmed; 1000 fans to attend Donny

2»

Comments

• Options
    Luton have pulled out of the scheme.
  • Options
    As has been stated before this is a nonsense. The cost of opening the ground for 1000 supporters is totally prohibitive. The club would be better off financially if those 1000 watched the game on valley live. 
  • Options
    Weird choice to go with them considering its a covid hotspot and dog shit tiny stadium.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Blucher said:
    You’re quite right - the club have confirmed it’s happening as well, so I definitely got that one wrong. I’m guessing they’ll email tickets to the lucky 1,000 
    It would be nice if the club actually told us how it plans to allocate the 1000 places.
    They’ve said on Twitter more info soon.  As it’s only just been confirmed they probably need to think of the best way without upsetting too many people - would have thought some kind of lottery of season ticket holders.  Or equal split across stands...depends on the test criteria I imagine.
    Just looked at the Season Ticket page on the OS.  Season tickets are for 22 games and exclude the Doncaster game.  So, I'm guessing that S/T holders won't neccessarily get any preference.  Might also mean that any stream will have to be paid for...
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    As has been stated before this is a nonsense. The cost of opening the ground for 1000 supporters is totally prohibitive. The club would be better off financially if those 1000 watched the game on valley live. 
    But presumably without teams participating in this nonsense we can kiss goodbye to bigger numbers of fans being let in further down the line
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    cafc-west said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Blucher said:
    You’re quite right - the club have confirmed it’s happening as well, so I definitely got that one wrong. I’m guessing they’ll email tickets to the lucky 1,000 
    It would be nice if the club actually told us how it plans to allocate the 1000 places.
    They’ve said on Twitter more info soon.  As it’s only just been confirmed they probably need to think of the best way without upsetting too many people - would have thought some kind of lottery of season ticket holders.  Or equal split across stands...depends on the test criteria I imagine.
    Just looked at the Season Ticket page on the OS.  Season tickets are for 22 games and exclude the Doncaster game.  So, I'm guessing that S/T holders won't neccessarily get any preference.  Might also mean that any stream will have to be paid for...
    When season tickets initially went on sale it included the Doncaster game - the club then removed that game from the ST option because of the limit that would exist and so dropped prices.

So this game will actually only be available to those who purchased before that game got dropped - It made sense as whats the point letting loads of people pay the cost of the Doncaster game and then having to offer refunds
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    shine166 said:
    Weird choice to go with them considering its a covid hotspot and dog shit tiny stadium.
    Interesting, as I believe you've informed us more than once, that there is a lack of face masks being worn (and I believe you live in the vicinity). Supports your observations.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    cafc-west said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Blucher said:
    Season tickets for the 2020/21 season went on sale on Monday, June 15th at 1pm with a 22-game package going on-sale on Monday, 24th August.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/buy-season-tickets/season-ticket-information
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Just think ..... if you're one of those selected to attend, one day you can tell the grandchildren that you were there against Donny.

Memorable games with Donny, the abandoned game and the play off semi final and now this.
  • Options
    TS + family
    Elliott
    Farnell
    El Kashashy
    Muir
    Southall
    Nimer
    Mihail
    Florica
    Heller
    Roland
    Katrien
    Solly
    Lyle Taylor
    Judge Pearce
    Chaisty
    + 980 representatives of the EFL

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    cafc-west said:
    cafc-west said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Blucher said:
    Season tickets for the 2020/21 season went on sale on Monday, June 15th at 1pm with a 22-game package going on-sale on Monday, 24th August.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/buy-season-tickets/season-ticket-information
    OK.  Didn't realise that.  The game is already being advertised as a payable stream.  But I guess that was put up before today's announcement.  Bit complicated the T's & C's to get into the ground but its all here.  Stream available free for early S/T holders who don't get in.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Just think ..... if you're one of those selected to attend, one day you can tell the grandchildren that you were there against Donny.

I suppose there will be Commemorative Badges, scarfs and “I am in the clique and was at the Donny match bla bla bla“ T-Shirts! 🙃
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Interesting, as I believe you've informed us more than once, that there is a lack of face masks being worn (and I believe you live in the vicinity). Supports your observations.
    Yeah im on the beds/herts border so see lots of news plus the lack of use of masks on my trains upto 2 or 3 weeks ago. Things seem to have improved recently as there is a bigger police presence on public transport, even the staff at stations are all wearing them now.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    A nonsense?

That wouldn’t be a very good pilot scheme though would it?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    meldrew66 said:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but when are Charlton fans being allowed back to watch games at The Valley? I renewed my season ticket very early on so assume I would receive 'priority' status for being allowed back. I understood that we are allowing fans in this week but I have heard nothing and still haven't received my season ticket/card. I thought we were allowing 1000 fans in as a bit of a 'pilot'. It doesn't look like I am one of them but unsure why not in the absence of any explanation or update from the club.

Anyone 'ITK' or know more than me on this?

This season has all the makings of being seriously affected for fans watching professional football.
    I'll be surprised if grounds will take any more than 50% of capacity.
    Pretty sure 30% is the number that's been discussed on other threads. 
    Agreed.  I should have added that 50% would be the maximium grounds will take this season.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Its pretty difficult testing the stadium if the fans are at home.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    meldrew66 said:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but when are Charlton fans being allowed back to watch games at The Valley? I renewed my season ticket very early on so assume I would receive 'priority' status for being allowed back. I understood that we are allowing fans in this week but I have heard nothing and still haven't received my season ticket/card. I thought we were allowing 1000 fans in as a bit of a 'pilot'. It doesn't look like I am one of them but unsure why not in the absence of any explanation or update from the club.

This season has all the makings of being seriously affected for fans watching professional football.
    Agreed.  I should have added that 50% would be the maximium grounds will take this season.
    Yeah I'd day theres more chance of attending being scrapped again, than more then 50% being allowed in.
  • Options
    my st refund is 17 pound something whats the deal with cafc cash? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    meldrew66 said:

Yeah I'd day theres more chance of attending being scrapped again, than more then 50% being allowed in.
    It wouldn't shock me if that 1000 person attendance became the only game with any spectators before Covid restrictions become tighter
  • Options
    Said earlier to Golfie that I can’t see him attending a game at The Valley this side of Xmas at the earliest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have STs been sent out yet? I renewed mine over a week ago and it's not turned up 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Have STs been sent out yet? I renewed mine over a week ago and it's not turned up 
    don't think they will be sending them out as will not be in your normal seat. Think once they do a seating plan which may change if numbers allowed do then it will be print at home single tickets. 
  • Options
    Said earlier to Golfie that I can’t see him attending a game at The Valley this side of Xmas at the earliest.
    With 1000 tickets per match and 5000 season ticket holders, he should only have to wait 5 or 6 matches maximum. He'll be very grumpy otherwise.