Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shouldve been going Crewe roll call

edited September 2020 in General Charlton
Gutted

Comments

• Options
    Me too.😕😕😕
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted. It was the away I was most looking forward to. My best mate and his entire family are Crewe fans/season ticket holders, so was bound to be a decent weekend away. 
  • Options
    Nope.
  • Options
    I would have been there...and then West Ham on Tuesday and Lincoln in 2 weeks time
  • Options
    I should have been at The Goodwood Revival this weekend. Gutted, especially as the weather look decent.
  • Options
    Never been and nearly went last year when iur train was an hour plus late to Preston and we pulled into Crewe. 

This and Lincoln were top of my list this year, gutted as well. 
  • Options
    Yep couple of us on the train, would've been a new ground. 
  • Options
    Definitely   , love the first game of the season  .
  • Options
    Gutted. Earliest football memory is at Crewe away. Can remember Danny Mills Debut. Would have been nice to go back again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Would of definitely been on this. I really miss virgin trains, warm fosters, northern dumps and @clb74 shorts 
  • Options
    I would probably have made the Herculean effort to get to Gresty Road - about 8 miles from my place!
  • Options
    Always go to the first away game of the season.
    Never been to Crewe before either. 
  • Options
    Yep, pretty sure we would have gone.
  • Options
    Would of definitely been on this. I really miss virgin trains, warm fosters, northern dumps and @clb74 shorts 
    I never noticed having increased excretion pleasure when I lived up north.
  • Options
    Definitely would have gone. 
    I've been there twice so not that bothered. 
    But I've never been to Lincoln and that does piss me off 
  • Options
    Guess 5 of our gang would have travelled.
  • Options
    Guess 5 of our gang would have travelled.
    Was going to ask if Fanny had room for a fat one but thought better of it, so I won't. 
  • Options
    Gutted. Earliest football memory is at Crewe away. Can remember Danny Mills Debut. Would have been nice to go back again.
    Won 3-0 if I remember correctly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crewe and Lincoln were top of our groups list. Gutted.
  • Options
    Would've gone, although to be fair, in ordinary times this would've been early August, so probably would've been away. 

I've been to Gresty Rd before and it's no great shakes. Also feel as a club they never really made it clear enough/properly acknowledged how appalling  their behaviour was relating to the the footballers' abuse scandal. So no sadness in them missing out on gate receipts. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sounds as if we were going to take thousands up there. 
  • Options
    Would definitely have gone to Crewe and Lincoln, especially as they would have been new grounds for us. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Stewart said:
    Sounds as if we were going to take thousands up there. 

Probably one of the most accessible grounds up t'north (although it isn't really north!)- fast train from Euston takes 1hr 20 mins and then a 5 minute walk from the station.
  • Options
    CAFC derby, and at a major railway terminal. No real Addick would have missed it
  • Options
    Away fans are housed in the Whitby Morrison Ice Cream Van Stand at one side of the ground. The whole of this stand is given to away supporters and houses 1,680 fans, though if required the Wulvern Homes Stand can also be allocated to away fans.

Would have shifted them. Especially with the positive news of the takeover surrounding the club.

• Options
    Away fans are housed in the Whitby Morrison Ice Cream Van Stand at one side of the ground. The whole of this stand is given to away supporters and houses 1,680 fans, though if required the Wulvern Homes Stand can also be allocated to away fans.

Would have shifted them. Especially with the positive news of the takeover surrounding the club.

There's a takeover  ?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Went as an 11 year-old trainspotter. Rang mum from Crewe station and she threw a fit.

I just made that up. I'm not a trainspotter, never have been and neither are other Charlton fans. 
  • Options
    Sounded lime a certainty. What league 1 and CAFC is all about.