Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

20/21 Full Season Predicted - Anyone fancy a charitable challenge this season?

Got to say I have assumed the takeover is a done deal and we'll spend a little before the season kicks off. 

Missed out last season by overestimating 7 points. 

This season, we're going big as TS won't settle for anything else. 88 points and a push following January rather than a slump.

This season I am willing to go head to head with 5 other lifers. 

For each lifer that is closer than I to the season total I will donate £10 to the upbeats. For each one I am closer than, they must donate £10 to upbeats.

Basically the upbeats get £50 no matter what!

Comments

• Straight away I dont think we'll do the double over Accrington

Forgetting about that little prick: Sam Finley, they were tough, organised bastards in the two games we played and dont expect them to have changed one bit!!
  • edited September 9
    Historical efforts:
    In 17/18 I predicted 73 points and we finished on 71. 
    In 18/19 I predicted 70 points and we finished a huge 18 ahead of that! I did say in that thread that a couple of decent loans coming in could change things... Then Bielik and Cullen arrived. 
    in 19/20 I predicted 55 points we finished on 48. I prefaced that prediction with the following statement:

"As we have been promoted, I am basing this years prediction solely on us getting Bielik and/or Cullen and/or 2 players at least of their ability to replace them.  Without those two I'd say we'll struggle to break the 46 barrier, averaging fewer than 1 point per game."

Sadly getting Cullen only brought us those 2 extra points, had we kept Gallagher or if Tyle Laylor had played out the last few games I am certain we'd have been within a couple of points and be discussing this in the Championship. 
  • edited September 9
    I've just realised my prediction would be the same as 18/19's total tally.

Which got us play offs in third obviously. 17/18 would have been the same and 16/17 would have been autos. 

It's fair to say I am firmly in the top 6 camp providing we can get in a supporting cast!

I'll stop talking to myself now and check in every 9 games. 

• Straight away I dont think we'll do the double over Accrington

Forgetting about that little prick: Sam Finley, they were tough, organised bastards in the two games we played and dont expect them to have changed one bit!!
    Your post didn't load for some reason, I see where you're coming from but I see everyone in this league as beatable with our current squad, with a few upgrades and supporting players I think we'll do very well. Accrington won't know what's hit em ;)
  • Anyone in for the challenge? 

If not I'll devise another way the updates can get a donation based on how close my predicted total is to the actual total.