Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car paint spill

13»

Comments

• edited September 2020
    This article is interesting.  https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/oct/29/bq-valspar-paint-tins-open-damage-cars

Obviously a long-standing problem and B&Q don't care.  But I see a lawyer disputes their claim that they are not liable.  And also highlights the prospects for damages claims and that the credit card company would be jointly and severally liable under consumer legislation if purchase was over £100.  Also interesting that the tins are described as being too flimsy.
  • Sorry this happened to you fella, I would raise to their CEO. Go high up, they should cover this. Provide the evidence of it happening to others.

• Got some paint from B&Q, rather than resolve the well known problem, they’ve produced some stickers to cover their arse. Pretty poor really.

• Got some paint from B&Q, rather than resolve the well known problem, they’ve produced some stickers to cover their arse. Pretty poor really.
    Proper cans with lid clips is all it requires.

I got nowhere with B&Q but got off lightly compared to some of the other horror stories I have seen. New carpet on the passenger side only for £300, joined under the seat and centre consul and now you would never know. 

• The bottom bit wasn’t in focus.