Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton 1st September 2020 Match Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I know “New Plough Lane” Isn’t ready but it seems bonkers to hire Loftus Road for games with no supporters allowed in, what is the actual point? They could’ve hired Park View Road for less if the Cherry Records “stadium” wouldn’t let them in anymore surely?
    PVR wouldn't meet EFL standards
    Are the standards not for the supporters? This game could be played down the park and no one would watch it but ffs play to the whistle lads....
  • Options
    Still 1-1 ?

• Options
    2-1 down
  • Options
    Still 1-1 ?

Not now
  • Options
    Normal service is resumed. 
  • Options
    Excellent, dont need this distraction... Its great experience for Vennings and Henry, the former has done well today

The latter hasnt done badly but was at fault for the equaliser
  • Options
    Love how the news just fed through to Terry and Lewis on commentary
  • Options
    Excellent, dont need this distraction... Its great experience for Vennings and Henry, the former has done well today

How was he at fault FA? Not a dig just not seen it!
  • Options

How was he at fault FA? Not a dig just not seen it!
    We KO'd ball got passed back to him, simple pass sideways gave it straight to a Wimbledon player.

They still had a bit to do to be fair but he shouldnt have lost the ball how he did
  • Options
    Shortest match thread ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Full time 2-1. Job done.
  • Options
    Only half watched so cant really comment that much

Maynard-Brewer: Did really well, made some good saves... Future is safe with him coming through
    Lapslie: Played well @ Right-Back, a lot went through him
    Barker: Solid the parts I saw of him, comfortable on the ball and had a nice burst of pace
    Oshilaja:
    Purrington:
    Henry: Good second appearance, shame about the goal... Oshilaja did well to console him after his mistake
    Vennings: Really tidy player, made some good passes
    Morgan
    Dempsey: Had a really good effort towards the end, unlucky not to score, thought he did well
    Oztumer: Scored a free kick not seen since Kermorgant
    Davison: Put himself about as you'd expect, one effort (header) that went over, maybe could have done better
  • Options
    Great result today, Thomas can buy the club and we are half way out of this shit competition.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:
    I know “New Plough Lane” Isn’t ready but it seems bonkers to hire Loftus Road for games with no supporters allowed in, what is the actual point? They could’ve hired Park View Road for less if the Cherry Records “stadium” wouldn’t let them in anymore surely?
    Are the standards not for the supporters? This game could be played down the park and no one would watch it but ffs play to the whistle lads....
    There will be rules concerning the dressing rooms, floodlights, medical facilities etc. 

I think it was 2 years ago when Gillingham were relaying their pitch, they played Spurs U21 at The Valley as they weren't allowed to use a non league ground
  • Options
    Pleased for Oztumer. When at Walsall he always seemed to be hitting 25 yarders, so puzzled why he never looked like scoring last season
  • Options

Why only half watch it, something else going on in your life this afternoon?  :)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    ross1 said:

Why only half watch it, something else going on in your life this afternoon?  :)
    Yeah had plenty of work to keep me occupied ;) 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:
    There will be rules concerning the dressing rooms, floodlights, medical facilities etc. 

I think it was 2 years ago when Gillingham were relaying their pitch, they played Spurs U21 at The Valley as they weren't allowed to use a non league ground
    Wouldn't have thought it was much different to playing at Kingstonians ground tbh. 
  • Options
    So there was an actual game on tonight then...🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pleased for Oztumer. When at Walsall he always seemed to be hitting 25 yarders, so puzzled why he never looked like scoring last season
    Because league 1 is his level?
  • Options
    Just seen the goal. He looked well happy to score. 
  • Options
    But we pursued him and eventually signed him to play in the Championship not League 1. He started just 11 games last season and didn't play a minute after February.

To not play him and suggest now that League 1 is his level is an admittance that the management made a bit of a mistake in signing him in the first place. 
  • Options
    A direct free kick is a direct free kick whatever the level
  • Options
    I do think the step up from league 1 to championship is probably hardest step up in football. Gulf in class was very noticeable on a lot of occasions last season.