Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bizarre !

The other day my 2year old, "laid a cable" in his potty & what goes with it, incl, clean up/ cheering etc, when my mrs had finished & was about to enter into the, " let's wave goodbye to poo-poo" stage, realised the poo had disappeared & the dog was standing next to the potty looking as pleased as punch & licking his lips. Apparently this is normal !?!? This can't be normal surely?

Comments

• Options
    We've got cats at home so have a litter tray by the back door - When my wife's dog (was left with her parents when we got our own place) comes over we have to lock the cats up (as they hate her) and put said litter tray in with (they already have two in their room) them else the dog will eat the poo from the litter tray if there is one left in there!!
  • Options
    I have no pets, however poo is always going missing in my house.
  • Options
    It’s a constant battle trying to stop our dogs eating other dogs poo when we are out walking but I’m not sure they’d go for a baby’s poo.
  • Options
    I wouldnt go so far as to call a dog a filthy animal, but it's definitely dirty.
  • Options
    Indication of something missing in the dogs diet, IIRC. Saw a programme on it once.
  • Options
    Your dog is cleaning up after your little one as it’s mother would have done for him when it was still with it’s siblings. 

Eating another dogs crap is because most foods especially manufactured dogs food will pass through the dogs system without being consumed by the body because it’s crap. It’s still appealing to other dogs and my assumption would be because it still in the same condition as when it went in the first time. 
    Our puppy like young children would eat anything given the opportunity, we taught him not to eat his own crap by removing it as soon as it was produced, but he will bring it to us to show us what he’s done as child would show mum and dad it’s potty because they know you’ll be pleased. 
  • Options
    Indication of something missing in the dogs diet, IIRC. Saw a programme on it once.
    I would question missing and replace it with different, our dogs garden is checked twice daily and in the summer sun only the chalky white bone residue is left as the water content has evaporated so there is no food content left. Complete dog food will stay pretty the same condition for days sometimes weeks and would be appealing to other dogs. 
  • Options
    I’m out  :/
  • Options
    Hmm lunch time.
  • Options
    How many people let their dogs lick their faces!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be fine. Dogs saliva is packed with stuff to breakdown bacteria, aid wound healing and pain relief.
    An old wives tale about letting a dog lick your wounds - but now proved to be medically sound.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, was getting the hump the dog would constantly come running every time someone picked up the potty
  • Options
    Not a problem. It toughens your body to produce antibodies whereas weaker non-dog owners snivel away with colds and call it flu.
  • Options
    How many people let their dogs lick their feaces!

🤮 

• Options
    I honestly think people who let dogs lick their faces are untapped. One of the most rank things I regularly see.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I have known a few dogs that have excessive (for dogs so pretty excessive) fascination with eating faeces 

We had a dog that would go insane, I mean pull you off the lead, for fox shit 

My mates labrador was always eating his kids shit if they stood up off the potty and would watch them and wait whenever they went near it. That dog is also always drinking out of the toilet bowl and Stu has to leave a Kettlebell on the lid to stop him 

His little boy did a shit in the dogs bowl once as well and that got eaten, I think this is what started the whole charade. 

Post of the Week contender right there😂
  • Options
    I have no pets, however poo is always going missing in my house.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296

• Options
    The other day my 2year old, "laid a cable" in his potty & what goes with it, incl, clean up/ cheering etc, when my mrs had finished & was about to enter into the, " let's wave goodbye to poo-poo" stage, realised the poo had disappeared & the dog was standing next to the potty looking as pleased as punch & licking his lips. Apparently this is normal !?!? This can't be normal surely?
    How did I miss this thread. We had the exact same thing happen on Friday. Missing potty poo. My boy denied moving it and he had clean hands to prove it. Only conclusion - the dog ate it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Your dog is cleaning up after your little one as it’s mother would have done for him when it was still with it’s siblings. 

Eating another dogs crap is because most foods especially manufactured dogs food will pass through the dogs system without being consumed by the body because it’s crap. It’s still appealing to other dogs and my assumption would be because it still in the same condition as when it went in the first time. 
    So how do you account for their interest in fox scat, sheep droppings and cow pat's?

Also why do they take such delight to roll in shit?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

So how do you account for their interest in fox scat, sheep droppings and cow pat's?

From my experience as a dog owner dogs do not tend to eat fox scat, sheep droppings and cow pat's, they roll in it due to the scent. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

As @eaststandmike Says, Rolling In fox crap is almost certainly a scent thing. I would assume to disguise its scent from the fox. Likewise male dogs will mark on top of where another male dog has taken a piss, although that happens a lot more when the dog is entire.  Having the vainest dogs bar none, they have more interest in looking good than rolling in crap. As for fox (absolutely stinks) sheep, cow shite I’ve not known of anyone’s dog eat that. Although our dogs will sniff horse crap they've  never tried to eat the stuff, I do wonder if they recognise their pals through that scent because they work with horses locally. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    This thread is just what Tim Berners Lee was hoping for when he invented the internet... 
  • Options
    This thread is just what Tim Berners Lee was hoping for when he invented the internet... 
    Lol.... I’ve known people, myself included on Shep forums discussing dog shite for hours! It’s the easiest way to check your dogs are healthy. They can’t tell you themselves so you keep an eye on them in other ways. That’s the way it works in my eyes, just for the record changing a baby’s nappy fills me with the horrors but examining DS no problem. 😂