Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meal delivery times

So for the third time in the last few weeks I have ordered a meal through Just Eat and gave a delivery time that would coincide with when I would get home. Each time the food has been delivered at least an hour before the time they advised.
Don’t use them, they are absolutely crap.
The restaurants have been brilliant in stark contrast to Just Eat. Redoing the order with no complaint.
Just Eat is shit. 

Comments

• Options
    Why not order an hour before you’re due home?
  • Options
    I think it probably confuses the restaurant as you are most likely the only person in the UK that hasn't used the "ASAP" delivery time. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    I think it probably confuses the restaurant as you are most likely the only person in the UK that hasn't used the "ASAP" delivery time. 
    They give a delivery time option. I use it. Can’t be the only one. Wouldn’t care if it was a late delivery.
  • Options
    You don't say
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    iainment said:
    Huskaris said:
    They give a delivery time option. I use it. Can’t be the only one. Wouldn’t care if it was a late delivery.
    All this fuss over some fried tofu or whatever it is you eat! 
    The fuss is over the crap service. I’ve never eaten tofu.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Huskaris said:
    iainment said:
    Huskaris said:
    Stop moaning and Just Eat it.. 
  • Options
    Also, surely the restaurant get given the time to deliver, so it's their fault not just eats....
  • Options
    Surely take-aways are traditionally ordered for an immediate delivery?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    iainment said:
    Huskaris said:
    iainment said:
    Huskaris said:
    Stop moaning and Just Eat it.. 
    When/if it gets here I’ll eat. 
  • Options
    I’ve never used Uber eats or just eat, doesn’t sound like I’m missing out!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I've had literally the same issue with Just Eat tonight. After an hour and a half of waiting, they offered me a £5 credit. Told them to keep it.

A few months ago we ordered something, and admittedly the way into our flat is a bit confusing. I was watching the delivery driver from my balcony, waiting to buzz him in from my phone. Because he couldn't figure out how to get to the door - he just gave it to some random geezer (who happily took it), and the driver ran off!
    I live in a block where for some reason all delivery drivers try to deliver to my neighbours in an adjacent block (I live at 23, they live at 27). 

Whenever I see the people at 27 I can tell how disgusted they are at what a greedy shit I am. 
  • Options
    It's a lousy business model....every restaurant/takeaway will prefer to overestimate their throughput than potentially turn down business (by turning the app off).  I have stopped using it as by the time the food arrives I've usually stuffed my face with toast whilst waiting.
  • Options
    Since House Arrest I have started ordering the odd meal for delivery.

I have found it more efficient (and cheaper) to deal directly with the restaurant I am ordering from rather than one of the delivery chains so far.

I am a relative novice in this field so may not be typical in my experiences.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Just Eat margins (and others eg Deliveroo) are absurd....given restaurants make most of their margin on alcohol, it's not sustainable from the restaurant's standpoint.  Better off building their own ordering system and hoping loyal customers know where to find them.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The Just Eat margins (and others eg Deliveroo) are absurd....given restaurants make most of their margin on alcohol, it's not sustainable from the restaurant's standpoint.  Better off building their own ordering system and hoping loyal customers know where to find them.
    And a lot have... the amount of times a delivery driver hands me a leaflet offering me a discount if I order direct off of their website is huge. And I only get 4 takeaways a week. 
  • Options
    I don’t understand why, if you want to order some food from The Raj of India you would go onto Just Eat and order rather than ordering directly from The Raj of India

What is the benefit?  
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Did somebody say Just Eat?
    https://youtu.be/KmgKONT_WNU
  • Options
    Last friday i ordered Kfc on the just eat app. The order was cancelled immediately by the restaurant but they took the £28.90 from my card and would refund me in a few days (they did). Not to miss out on my food i drove to the branch i ordered from about 5 minutes from my house and payed £19.95 for exactly the same order. Wont be using just eat anymore!
  • Options
    kakaka said:
    Last friday i ordered Kfc on the just eat app. The order was cancelled immediately by the restaurant but they took the £28.90 from my card and would refund me in a few days (they did). Not to miss out on my food i drove to the branch i ordered from about 5 minutes from my house and payed £19.95 for exactly the same order. Wont be using just eat anymore!
    Surely that price difference wasn’t that much of a surprise though? What did you expect, it would be the same?
  • Options
    These corps will just charge the restaurants a ridiculous commission just because we the customer are too lazy to phone up direct and put our order through.

That commission will only go up too. And either the restaurants prices will have to increase to cover the loss or as someone else said the restaurant will have to put an app in place to 
  • Options
    I've never used any of these food apps.
    If I want a chinese or Indian take away I phone them & they deliver for nothing.
    I'd never order KFC, McDonalds type food to eat indoors.
    Each to their own, I'm not criticising someone happy to pay £9 for a KFC delivery.
  • Options
    If you order before you’re actually home you can have no compaints