Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support Lee Bowyer and the Boys at Sparrows Lane on Saturday morning.

edited August 2020 in General Charlton
The players are due to get on the coach at 11:45 to leave from Sparrows for Sellout.

Lee sounded very down in his interview about the embargo so I think it would be great if a few dozen fans or more, socially distanced, could be there to cheer the team off.

Short notice I know but we have a few fans local to SE9

Comments

• Options
    Great idea Henry, would love to join in, but I’ll be on a physios table 😉 
  • Options
    Cracking idea

Just text my pal - We're both in and will see you down there. 

@masicat Room for one more if you fancy it? 
  • Options
    I'm 2 mins from the training ground so I should be around to make it. 
  • Options
    I’m afraid me and Jnr will be 5 minutes into Tenet but it would be good for the team if a few show up.
  • Options
    My kids & I will be there 
  • Options
    I’m afraid me and Jnr will be 5 minutes into Tenet but it would be good for the team if a few show up.
    Only two hours 25 minutes of torture left to go.
  • Options
    will try and pop down for this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The players are due to get on the coach at 11:45 to leave from Sparrows for Sellout.

Lee sounded very down in his interview about the embargo so I think it would be great if a few dozen fans or more, socially distanced, could be there to cheer the team off.

Short notice I know but we have a few fans local to SE9
    That's an absolutely brilliant idea, will try & get there.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Well I'm in booked lunch at Pope Street for 12 so works really well 
  • Options
    Great idea, please share some pics!
  • Options
    Great to see this getting some traction here and on Twitter. 

Never been to Sparrow's Lane before – what's the best road to approach / enter from? I'll probably be on bike. 
  • Options

Never been to Sparrow's Lane before – what's the best road to approach / enter from? I'll probably be on bike. 
    From where ?

• Options

It's off Avery Hill Road.
  • Options

From where ?

Starting SE23, eventually via Eltham Hill / Bexley Road I think. May have to go right round and enter from Avery Hill it seems. 
  • Options

From where ?

Starting SE23, eventually via Eltham Hill / Bexley Road I think. May have to go right round and enter from Avery Hill it seems. 
    Personally if cycling i would avoid Eltham high street, take North Park and then Footscray road you can then take the back streets after the Bee Hive. 
    I will look out for a lifer on a bike and say hi
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    We'll be on our way to puppy sit at our son's in Dorking tomorrow morning otherwise would be tempted to make the journey to SL to wish the lads well.

So, if anyone would volunteer to give Bow and Jacko a big soggy kiss from Fanny, I'd be eternally grateful.

😚

• Sponsored links:

• Options

From where ?

Forest Hill, Lower Sydenham, Grove Park, Mottingham, New Eltham, Sparrows Lane. 
    Simple.

If driving. 
    😉

Take care if you go.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I would hope Lee looks at the current situation to create a platform against the odds. It may be looking at what he has and devising a system around that which may not be sustainable or conventional. But if he can nick a decent start, maybe the rest will come to him if TS takes over. Lee is good against the odds and expectations are low so maybe he can enjoy the challenge for what it is.  
  • Options
    11.45 for a 3pm kick off  ??  I see they are taking the Valley Express then 😄.

Edit. Yes, I'm aware that its probably an earlier kick off. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Will be good to see a few fans there today.

Who is coming down today. Look foreard to saying hello to a few fans and cheer the boys off on the coach? 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    11.45 for a 3pm kick off  ??  I see they are taking the Valley Express then 😄.

Edit. Yes, I'm aware that its probably an earlier kick off. 
    Kick off is 2.00pm I think.
  • Options

From where ?

You might as well go to SE25 and greet the players on their arrival. 
    And abuse any palice filth at the same time.

Pick me up on the way Dicky.
  • Options
    Was aiming to make it today but something has come up that I have to deal with throughout the day, disappointed but good luck to everyone who goes and make sure they know how much we support them and are right behind them throughout these tough times.
  • Options
    What time is the coach leaving Larkfield?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    What time is the coach leaving Larkfield?
    19.30 yesterday.
  • Options
    Do i need to bring my boots??