Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2020/21 fixture list (in general)

Is it me or is the start of this a complete shambles, with everyone determined to get their fixtures played rather than competitions being dropped for the good of the players

Qualifying matches for Champions and Europa League being played before the 2019/20 competition has finished
Nations League matches being played before many leagues have resumed, barely 2 weeks after last season's CL and EL finals
EFL Cup matches being played before the league starts, at the same time as these international fixtures - indeed due to this clash, 4 ties have been brought forward to THIS Saturday

Comments

• Options
    Is it me or is the start of this a complete shambles, with everyone determined to get their fixtures played rather than competitions being dropped for the good of the players

Qualifying matches for Champions and Europa League being played before the 2019/20 competition has finished
    Nations League matches being played before many leagues have resumed, barely 2 weeks after last season's CL and EL finals
    EFL Cup matches being played before the league starts, at the same time as these international fixtures - indeed due to this clash, 4 ties have been brought forward to THIS Saturday
    Agree with most of this with one exception. 

I like the EFL Cup First Round being played before the League starts. It means that clubs are much more likely to play stronger line ups. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I like the EFL Cup First Round being played before the League starts. It means that clubs are much more likely to play stronger line ups. 
    Seeing as 3 of our players have been called up we will be playing Swindon AGAIN with a non full strength side. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Richard J said:

Seeing as 3 of our players have been called up we will be playing Swindon AGAIN with a non full strength side. 
    Again? The last time we played them was over three years ago.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

What Golfie is saying is that the last time we played them, we were on Sky Sports, it was international weekend, we had call-ups and played an under strength team because it wasn’t postponed.
  • Options
    I actually think the 1st round of the EFL cup being played before the season starts is excellent, it can be used as the final pre season friendly as Bows said, almost like the nations league for internationals.  Let’s face it most clubs are not bothered anyway right.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Richard J said:

What Golfie is saying is that the last time we played them, we were on Sky Sports, it was international weekend, we had call-ups and played an under strength team because it wasn’t postponed.
    That defeat helped get Slade the sack...