Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone recommend decent pubs in Bexleyheath.

A Person from work is leaving and wants to have a drink up in bexleyheath, will be about 20/30 people, average age 20/30 a pub with some music. Don't know the area so any help would be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2007
    theres enough to choose from!
    all sh1tholes...
  • Options
    Depends what night you want.

I would suggest RSVP or Rat and Parrot if you want music. See Carlings comment though.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    If it's a nice day/evening when you go for the drink up, then The Drayman is decent, coz it's got a big outside area where groups can sit, thats further down the Broadway, near Bexleyheath train station.

If it's a nice day i think thats probably the best place to go and pretty easy to get to by bus, cab ofice very close and train station not too far.
  • Options
    The Drayman is over 25s by the way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]If it's a nice day/evening when you go for the drink up, then The Drayman is decent, coz it's got a big outside area where groups can sit, thats further down the Broadway, near Bexleyheath train station.

If it's a nice day i think thats probably the best place to go and pretty easy to get to by bus, cab ofice very close and train station not too far.

I'll second that..
  • Options
    i popped in there on sunday afternoon on my way to a barbie... was most impressed with the all day barbie menu they've got on the go... plus the big outside screens under the patio heaters showing the grand prix. he's maximising the outdoor smoking policy i reckon.

will definitely head back to try out the barbie.
  • Options
    Yeah i forgot about that, but i guess if there's a group of people looking mostly over 25 they should all be alright.

Apart from that you got RSVP, Furze Wren, the Wrong un, the Golden Lion, The Rose, Royal Oak , Camden, Rat n P.

all fairly close to town centre.
  • Options
    What are the odds of getting in if you're under 25? Been told its a nice boozer by a few people.

I normally use the Wrong Un (Quiet, empty and cheap) or RSVP.

Whats OHM like??? (Thats an over 21, never been there?)
  • Options
    The Wrongun!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    First off, I am doing this from a perspective of a 26 year old beer guzzler, so the younger/older comments, please adjust to suit ya!

RSVP- Busy, 16-18 year olds mainly (and then me, 26 gets asked for ID) - Chart, Hip Hop, Dance music - always busy, latest music, 2 floors .etc.

Furze Wren (Used to be Yates) - always empty these days, but good for a few beers and a chat - Weatherspoons prices

Rat and Parrot - Over 21s, Fairly young, but big and has pool tables, DJ ..etc.

Wrong Un - As names suggests! Nah, its a small weatherspoons Pub. No Music, Over 18s

OHM - OVer 21Large Bar/Club - open Thurs-Sun - not too bad, younger crowd, Open later on Weekends

Play (opposite Esso), small, music and pool tables

Affinity - Bar/downstairs club - Over 25's Thurs-Sun, Oldskool party classics, Open Late

Golden Lion - Over 21, Decent busy local pub, good for a quick one before next bar or club, screens, pool table..etc.

Bar Zero/Zero Degress - Over 23's I think, used to be over 25s when Foggs Cafe - Funky house music, modern, trendy open late (for bexheath)

42nd Street - They have recently changed this to restautrant only, but used to be bar as well

Drayman - Over 25's, Outside seating as well as modern inside, DJs, funky house style - just get over all the blokes who straighten their hair and all the posers, but prob the best one in Bexheath for a group of people to go.

Basically, starting at Police Station end, working down the crowds in the pubs get older (generally) - e.g. RSVP = youngest, Affinity, Drayman = Older.

I would honestly say, start in Bar Zero or Rat and Parrot at 8pm then go to Drayman about 10pm - enough space for your group.

There are also loads of other little, local pubs tucked away, but not really or a party night out.

What age group is your party?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bexlyheath is better off as a starting place, as not a lot of great places, plus everything closes between 11pm - 1am latest.

Get a cab to Venue if you like your cheese.
  • Options
    good little run down Firefli, i'm at the stage where i prefer the tucked away ones, like the Volley and the Robin Hood more.

Our usual for a Bex night out is Golden Lion till ten, then over to Affinity.

If the group Badger is out with is all young, then what you suggest is good. If its mixed between 20s to 40s, you might better and more comfortable starting in one of the bigger pubs, the Furze Wren, the Wrong Un etc and then let the youngsters go and do their thing later.

We used to do a pub crawl from the top of Welling High St to the top of Bexleyheath. Monster sesh, but great laugh.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    AK - the crawls we have been doing recently have been for a mates Bday - Go to a Charlton game then walkng from Valley to Woolwich drink a pint in every pub on the way - following year walk in opossite direction towards Greenwich (although lonest walks in between drink!).

Robin Hood is a good little pub, haven't been for a while though.

I also prefer Golden Lion first and then Afinity to be honest - not as pretendious as Drayman - Bar Zero is alright for a couple - reasonable prices as well - although a little boring in there, BUT if theres 30 of ya won;t matter!

Badg, all depends on age group and how far you want to walk to next pub!

Lets us know how you get on - Kebab shop closes at 1am!
  • Options
    The Kebabs in Bexleyheath are minging.

Rat and Parrot operate a bus service (leaves around 10.30) that takes you down to Amadeus. £10 return to Bexleyheath and includes your entry. Amadeus is an R&B / Dance grooves kind of place, down in the Medway (in case you didnt already know). Much better club than Venue (although both are for the 18-23 age group)
  • Options
    the venue? 18-23??????? leave off!

i'm 27 week after next and we're all going there next friday night!

everyone welcome! haven't been to the venue since my 26th birthday celebrations, the day we played millwall, and we spent the whole day drinking in new cross!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I've seen 50 year olds in Amadeus Suzi. The majority of the crowd though can be identified as 18-23.
  • Options
    Venue is very varied age-wise it must be said - good for the crack every now and then

Amadeus these days is definately 17-23 - havent been for a few years though.
  • Options
    Rat & Parrot used to be good for music & a fight if you like that sort of thing.

OHM which stood for Only House Music when it opened reverted to playing crappy R&B within a couple of months so I stopped going.
  • Options
    i went to ohm once on a 'girls' night out in bexleyheath. i was about 24 and left when my cousin who i swear isn't old enough to drink walked in.
    I was a bit wobbly and i think i embarrassed him in front of his cool mates. haha.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

i'm 27 week after next and we're all going there next friday night!

The Smiths tribute, nice choice!

I'm sure plenty of people will be covered in Snakebite come the end of the night! One place that will be weird without smoking...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Smiths Tribute night? I'm there !!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    my friends went last weekend and they have opened an outside terrace off the balcony floor which you can smoke on but not take drinks outside....!
  • Options
    I've never got my head around why people from the outer London suburbs of Dratford, Bexleyheath, Bromley etc would even contemplate travelling to Rochester to go to Ama ding dongs. We all used to try and head in the opposite direction!!

Amadeus is full of 17-21 year old Chavham boys and girls. Angry ones at that, much prettier girls in Bromley. Once we discovered Bromley Amadeus was a bit shite to be honest
  • Options
    I disagree Carter. Amadeus isn't totally full of chavs. Admittedly its quite young in there, but i cant say i'v had a bad night there. Drinks are a resonable price too compared to the ever rising prices at Venue.
  • Options
    If ya in Ama on the pull make sure ya ask the girls for ID cos the bouncers certainly don't! You can get a shock when ya find out their age if ya not careful thats all i'm saying!
  • Options
    Bromley is ok but everything shuts at 11 unless ya wanna go Jazzmins or Bibas, which really isn't recommended.
  • Options
    I know what you mean redarmy. Some of the girls in there must only be about 15 and still at school!
  • Options
    Bromleys a slightly more upmarket Bexleyheath. Ie. Costs more for the same crap. Greenwich is a good night out.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bromley has gone to the dogs as well - rough now-a-days.

Used to be good approx 5 years ago.

Last time I went there, 2 people kicked off and I got a bottle (and scar to show for the rest of my life) on my forehead for no reason!! Also too early, you have to get a pub to club coash to Croydon!

Maybe we are all getting older and the next generation are all these stupid gang-related hood rats - that could be the problem! :-)

Amadeus USED to be a quality night out.
  • Options
    Many moons ago it was alright, then an evil man who sold Bar Rio to property developers got involved and became the new king of the land of Amadeus. Soon the lovely fairies who fluttered around the bar areas of the Amadeus kingdom were all kidnapped and replaced by young hags and trolls from the village of Chatham. The new, evil king of Amadeus set about buying in bulk cheap, out of date, end of line potions for his trolls and hags to force upon the good people of Medway.

Eventually the good people left the kingdom of Amadeus, and the kingdom was taken over by many more younger trolls and hags who armed themselves with weaponary which was previously unnecessary in the kingdom of Amadeus as it was once a nice, clean place where people could feel safe and didn't feel the need to arm themselves.

These days the kingdom is strewn with bodies and discarded weapons and the blood of the warriors returning from battle. The old citizens of Amadeus cannot understand why the kingdom has become a wasteland. They never found a problem with paying an extra piece of silver for an enjoyable stay at Amadeus castle, now however it seems any waif, stray, ragamuffin or vagabond finds within their means to purchase as much potion as a mortal can take and fill themselves and still have enough pieces of eight to find a chariot home.

Some called it a revelation, others called it an irresponsible plan. But those who bear the scars of the battle of Amadeus will always say.........................

The place is now a shithole