Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hermes - worst company ever?

I don't think I've ever dealt with a worst company. Their delivery service is utterly useless - they deliver things broken, fail to deliver at agreed time, claim they've completed a delivery when they haven't and are impossible to contact. They deserve a prize for being so useless and having such terrible customer service.

I'm unclear why anyone would ever use them for delivery....

Comments

• Short answer to the thread title - yes
  • Always delayed deliveries, and when you want to complain about it the customer service is practically non-existent.

Without a doubt the worst courier/delivery company I've ever used.

• Not nearly as bad as Yodel.
  • We must be lucky as have had no problem with them here. 

I ordered a suit from Burton yesterday, paid for next day delivery. Delivered at 12:30pm today and got the text notification of delivery at 12:31.

You've clearly had a bad experience, but for me my experience was second to none.

• I don't think I've ever dealt with a worst company. Their delivery service is utterly useless - they deliver things broken, fail to deliver at agreed time, claim they've completed a delivery when they haven't and are impossible to contact. They deserve a prize for being so useless and having such terrible customer service.

I'm unclear why anyone would ever use them for delivery....
    Because they are cheap.

Companies who use them should realise you only get what you pay for.
  • When they get it right they are great value. When they get it wrong they are not interested. 
  • Without a doubt. 

2 of 3 times in the last year I’ve deliberately not purchased something from a company that used Hermes to deliver.

just not worth the aggravation.

i know some other delivery firms have their problems too but Hermes are ridiculous.

I ordered a suit from Burton yesterday, paid for next day delivery. Delivered at 12:30pm today and got the text notification of delivery at 12:31.

You've clearly had a bad experience, but for me my experience was second to none.

I have lost count of the number of bad experiences I've had with them and will even try and avoid companies who use them to deliver. Their service is shocking and they lie constantly - they don't even seem to care.

Amazingly under Covid they've got even worse.
  • I have never used them, but i have heard so many bad stories. Literally all the time people complain, friends or see it on social media. They definitely do themselves any favours
  • Sponsored links:

• Not just delivery, collection as well. 

They were meant to pick up a returned package on 3 August. Didn’t happen. Complained twice and was eventually told they were sorry and would pick up on 10 August. 

Surprise surprise, no one turned up.  Another series of complaints, apologies again and stated they would pick up on 13 August by 8pm latest ... which amazingly actually happened ... but not until 10pm. 
  • When they get it right they are great value. When they get it wrong they are not interested. 
    This. Like so many businesses nowadays. Budget prices mean you get what you pay for and if you don’t get what you pay for then you can do one as they’re playing to the masses and if you don’t come back then who cares!
  • I propose WH Smith. I don’t want a bar of 3 week out of date fucking galaxy. Also, why are their staff all blind ? 
  • They'd have to go some to be worse than ESI.
  • I ordered some Dog Food from Fetch (Ocado) was ment to be delveredby Hermes on Monday, On checking their web site tracking on Tuesday my items were delayed. I phoned Fetch yeasterday morning about the non delivery, they were suprised it had not been delivered, They apologised and delivered the food at 8pm on an Ocardo van.  
  • Just watched one guy trying to work out how to open a fence rather than use twin 5 bar gates alongside. 🤷‍♂️
  • mart77 said:
    When they get it right they are great value. When they get it wrong they are not interested. 
    This. Like so many businesses nowadays. Budget prices mean you get what you pay for and if you don’t get what you pay for then you can do one as they’re playing to the masses and if you don’t come back then who cares!
    I won't order from a company if they use Hermes for delivery as I don't want the aggro of the item being broken/damaged, going missing or falsely being told it's been delivered and then it turns up two days later.

They're impossible to contact.
    Totally get that but you’re not their target audience. They get huge business from sites like eBay 
  • Our Hermes lady is great.  In fact [touch wood] we don't have problems with any of the courier companies.  Might be because they tend to use us as a drop-off point for half the road, though, as someone's nearly always in, and we can end up with a porch full of our neighbours' parcels come Christmas time.

Joe Lycett on Hermes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDV3wUVlwoc

• Sponsored links:

• In my experience Yodel are consistently the worst.  Regularly get deliveries from Hermes and our local couriers are fine. 

The worst delivery problem I have had recently is UPS - awful.  Insisted my address did not exist. 

I think it is luck of the draw
  • edited August 2020
    Had a few delivers from them no problem so far...but annoyingly and luckily they had thrown the items over the garden fence gate, to be fair they were clearly not breakable.  They were orders placed with sellers who use them but not my choice to post. 
  • edited August 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Not nearly as bad as Yodel.

I ordered a suit from Burton as I thought it was still 1985.

Nothing wrong with Burton mate, it's a one-off suit for a funeral.

With Blue Light Card discount I got it for £53 delivered.

• Sold four or 5 items on Ebay recently and used Hermes each time, so far all good.
  • Sold four or 5 items on Ebay recently and used Hermes each time, so far all good.
    At least some people have good experiences.
  • I, and a some other people I directly know, have had a few bad experiences with Hermes so I will only buy from a company who use them as a last resort.

• Shocking firm .
    Why bother with this its gonna be delivered on this day and that time period . Guaranteed it's never on the first two bullshit things and they put in the no one was in message will attempt to deliver , fuck off twats 
    always third or 4th 
    genuinely the worse by a mile and now do everything to avoid them .

it has never arrived on their first bullshit message of date for delivery 

proper shithouse firm
  • Had an absolute nightmare recently with DHL.
    Ordered a Brinkhaus pillow from Harrods of all places.....now you’d have to ask yourself what could possibly go wrong....took two weeks to arrive after they told me it was lost forever and was fobbed off by a load of absolute bollox by DHL customer service for about seven days running.
    Just goes to show even the better thought of couriers fuck up on occasions.
    Spent hours on the phone and set about making an insurance claim as well, took 14 days to arrive.
    Never got so much as an apology, let alone an explanation.😤