Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell Tottenham academy

Comments

• Options
    What's happened there?

Thought he was in the England set up?
  • Options
    What's happened there?

It was a 2 year contract due to run until the end of the Euros. Unfortunately it appears it wasn’t renewed.
  • Options
    Really surprised that Powell would take such a junior role. I guess he just wants to stay in football, especially as it's at his club

It'll mean he's free for media work too
    I would be more surprised if he appeared in a management or assistant management role now as it all seems to have gone downhill. As you say it looks like he is keeping his hand in and being around football whilst he continues with the media work.
  • Options
    I thought he was working with Parspew
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    What's happened there?

It was a 2 year contract due to run until the end of the Euros. Unfortunately it appears it wasn’t renewed.
    It was only a part time role so when England play again he still might be involved. 
  • Options
    Really surprised that Powell would take such a junior role. I guess he just wants to stay in football, especially as it's at his club

It'll mean he's free for media work too
    I bet they are weighing him out some decent dough too.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    He will do well there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It must be a great offer to turn down working further with the footballing genius of Alan Pardew...
  • Options
    Emotional turmoil seeing SCP involved with that lot
  • Options
    Emotional turmoil seeing SCP involved with that lot
     They are his club.
  • Options
    He looked much better scoring for us against them 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    What's happened there?

The article itself says he will continue with his England role. 
  • Options
    Has to be an improvement on working with Pardew.
  • Options
    Good luck, SCP.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Spurs say Rastrick, Powell and Mason will work with U18s coach Matt Taylor, U23s coach Wayne Burnett, senior academy coach Paul Bracewell and academy coach Perry Suckling

9 goals went past Perry, went past Perry Suckling...
    You can say that again. And again. ...
  • Options
    Good luck  to Chris Powell a character and stand out gentleman.
  • Options
    Good luck  to Chris Powell a character and stand out gentleman.
    Yes good luck Chris,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Chris.
  • Options
    If I bought a Football Club I would employ SCP day one. Then I would find him a role somewhere. Even running the matchday hospitality and managing PR. Would just have him on board. 
  • Options
    What's happened there?

Just read a Daily Mail article about the upcoming Nations League games against Iceland and Denmark - Apparently its been agreed between Spurs and England that Chris will be allowed to do both roles when possible
  • Options
    What's happened there?

Just read a Daily Mail article about the upcoming Nations League games against Iceland and Denmark - Apparently its been agreed between Spurs and England that Chris will be allowed to do both roles when possible
    We all have to eat and coaching the best youngsters at Spurs and the England side doesn't exactly sound the worst way of earning a living especially when you can add a bit of TV work too. It's not like being a Manager but, let's face it, that is a job with no longevity whatsoever. How many managers has Steve Avory seen come and go?

Good luck to Chris.
  • Options
    What's happened there?

We all have to eat and coaching the best youngsters at Spurs and the England side doesn't exactly sound the worst way of earning a living especially when you can add a bit of TV work too. It's not like being a Manager but, let's face it, that is a job with no longevity whatsoever. How many managers has Steve Avory seen come and go?

Good luck to Chris.
    Much less stressful jobs than management too, think it's a pretty nice set up he's got himself, and well deserved.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Has to be an improvement on working with Pardew.
    Pardew mentored him and taught him all he knew.....me thinks it’s time for his protege to move on.😏