Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trini Lopez .. R I P

Not a Mexican midfielder once on the books of West Ham .. A talented entertainer the man who had a world wide hit in the 60s with 'If I Had a Hammer' and for his role in 'The Dirty Dozen'.
He's passed age 83, another victim of the Corona virus pandemic .. R I P Trini

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Oh that’s a sad thing to hear.
    RIP.....Trini....RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Trini. I had no idea until now that "If I Had a Hammer" was written by Pete Seeger. 
  • Options
    RIP.  That song is another in the background soundtrack of my youth...

"I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in evening, all over this land..."
  • Options
    Sad news, loved that song. R I P
  • Options
    RIP Trini
  • Options
    A staple guest on 60s light entertainment shows. RIP.
  • Options
    Had a greatest hits cd of his in my car in the 90s. Great music.
    Sad day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw a surprise Trini Lopez performnce in Maastricht 4 or 5 years back. Capped a great night. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I would have been very young, but remember being taken with the sound of his guitar and the 'live' sound.  Think it must've been on big brother's reel to reel.  I played it over and over (when he wasn't looking)  :).

RIP Trini.   
  • Options
    RIP Trini
    Remember taking "If I Had A Hammer" from my Dad's record collection back in the Eighties because I liked it so much
  • Options
    Played everything there was of his on the Mill jukebox.
    Brilliant. Forgotten how good he was.
  • Options
    RIP Trini.

' If I had a hammer " has stayed somewhere in a quiet corner of my brain for over half a century.
  • Options
    RIP

I nearly bought a Trini Lopez Gibson guitar in San Francisco in the early 90s - $450 - wonder how much it would be worth now...
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    RIP

I nearly bought a Trini Lopez Gibson guitar in San Francisco in the early 90s - $450 - wonder how much it would be worth now...
    there's a few on eBay for £4,000ish to £8,500ish
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    RIP

there's a few on eBay for £4,000ish to £8,500ish
    Wow! If I knew then what I know now....

And it was a nice guitar - I was just worried about getting it back home on the flight.