Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 Football Fixtures

These are set to be announced next Friday (21st).

Comments

• Options
    @AFKABartram we running charity sweepstake again this season? 
  • Options
    So we’ve got until next Friday to see if Wednesday will be in league one. Not going to happen. 
  • Options
    So we’ve got until next Friday to see if Wednesday will be in league one. Not going to happen. 
    No chance they will put the massives in league one, proper shite EFL. Hopefully we can start doing some business even on the cheap or we have no hope regardless what league. Depressing isn't it.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I think it would be a good idea for the EFL to schedule derbies/local games towards the beginning of the season. This would be to ensure that there is less long distance travel required at relatively short notice for the clubs who are struggling financially. Not cheap to put up 20-25 people in a hotel, with train travel etc

And then when the local games are out the way, hopefully it won’t be too long before fans can get back into stadiums in some manner to help from a revenue perspective 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I think it would be a good idea for the EFL to schedule derbies/local games towards the beginning of the season. This would be to ensure that there is less long distance travel required at relatively short notice for the clubs who are struggling financially. Not cheap to put up 20-25 people in a hotel, with train travel etc

And then when the local games are out the way, hopefully it won’t be too long before fans can get back into stadiums in some manner to help from a revenue perspective 
    Nah they'll do it the other way round and save the Derbies for the end of the season as its when clubs can get their ticket revenue up
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Nah they'll do it the other way round and save the Derbies for the end of the season as its when clubs can get their ticket revenue up
    But if the amount of fans allowed into a stadium is heavily restricted anyway then it shouldn’t make much difference. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Also a good idea when you have social distance still in place, rather than going from one part of the country to the next it would keep it localised if anything was to happen and therefore affect fewer clubs. This is probably far too technical and not even in the mindset of the EFL no doubt. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Also a good idea when you have social distance still in place, rather than going from one part of the country to the next it would keep it localised if anything was to happen and therefore affect fewer clubs. This is probably far too technical and not even in the mindset of the EFL no doubt. 
    To be fair, the fixture list is complicated enough, without trying to incorporate all the local games in September/October. Besides we could get another lockdown (whether national or local) in January or March
  • Options
    cafctom said:

To be fair, the fixture list is complicated enough, without trying to incorporate all the local games in September/October. Besides we could get another lockdown (whether national or local) in January or March
    Yes it can be, but still with the current situation they should be made to do it this way really. Wont happen as football seems to be above anything and make up their own rules.  Whether we get another lockdown doesn't make a different other than control measures, if people are playing the same area essentially there is less chance of carrying from one end of the country to the next. 

I know EFL wont even have this in their mind anyway so probably a silly debate, but would be the most common sense approach with less travel/accomdation for the clubs. 
  • Options
    With away fans probably not being allowed to go this year I want all our crappy away games this side of Xmas. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yes it can be, but still with the current situation they should be made to do it this way really. Wont happen as football seems to be above anything and make up their own rules.  Whether we get another lockdown doesn't make a different other than control measures, if people are playing the same area essentially there is less chance of carrying from one end of the country to the next. 

I know EFL wont even have this in their mind anyway so probably a silly debate, but would be the most common sense approach with less travel/accomdation for the clubs. 
    But it's not as if after a couple of months we'll definitely be all clear, as it's highly likely there will be a second wave later on in the year

And it would be grim for all the clubs having played all their local away games by the end of December, and then facing nothing but long distance away games in 2021. Tuesday night away to Sunderland, Saturday home to Plymouth, Tuesday night away to Crewe with no local derbies to look forward to
  • Options
    With away fans probably not being allowed to go this year I want all our crappy away games this side of Xmas. 
    Crewe and Lincoln next year please 
  • Options
    Something that's been bothering me for a while, shouldn't we have some pre-season friendlies scheduled? And have the players returned to training? We're a month away from the first day of the season if memory serves. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Crewe and Lincoln next year please 
    I've done Crewe. 
    Lincoln is the one I'm hoping for
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Something that's been bothering me for a while, shouldn't we have some pre-season friendlies scheduled? And have the players returned to training? We're a month away from the first day of the season if memory serves. 
    They return to pre season training today.
  • Options
    That lot from Surrey v Charlton is on August 29th @ Shithurst Park
  • Options
    Playing Birmingham in another pre season friendly this Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoping come 2021, the travel ban for the US is lifted and I can sneak in another Charlton trip. Hopefully Covid is behind the world come April 2021 and I can sneak in the Easter fixtures. Of course that all depends on capacities being back to normal. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

They wont they will do them all over xmas and bank holidays when their is no transport as usual...
  • Options
    No doubt we will win this one.
  • Options
    No doubt we will win this one.
    Playing Brum so soon after that draw is painful actually.
  • Options
    Has anyone actually confirmed what will happen concerning TV coverage/streaming in the EFL, never mind the Premier League?

If fans aren't allowed in until October, and only in small numbers, surely they'll have to repeat what they did for the resumption after lockdown?