Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An apology from me to all concerned

I didn’t want to use the already open Pierre Bolangi thread as I didn’t think it was appropriate.........
I tweeted yesterday morning my anger at the lack of any acknowledgement of the 20th anniversary of Pierre Bolangi’s death on the official CAFC page, while I’m aware staff members tweeted photos these are not official channels. While my anger remains it is not in anyway in response to not being invited to pay my respects, I understand that it was a privately arranged service and with COVID-19 numbers were limited even then. My tweet stated while family, staff, former player and fans paid their respects, this led some people to ask why they could not attend, sadly my ill chosen words may have caused this. What was meant was, fans used various platforms to pay their respects.  While my annoyance aimed the club’s senior management/ potential ownership at our great club who could not bring themselves to post a photo of Pierre with RIP below on the the day turned into anger overnight when 24 hrs later there was still Nothing. Hence the tweet, to those that may have misunderstood my tweet I offer my sincerest apologies to any upset I may have caused, to those in the position at CAFC to see that authorisation to post a remembrance photo was given, you are nothing short of a disgrace. 
Ray

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    I didn’t want to use the already open Pierre Bolangi thread as I didn’t think it was appropriate.........
    I tweeted yesterday morning my anger at the lack of any acknowledgement of the 20th anniversary of Pierre Bolangi’s death on the official CAFC page, while I’m aware staff members tweeted photos these are not official channels. While my anger remains it is not in anyway in response to not being invited to pay my respects, I understand that it was a privately arranged service and with COVID-19 numbers were limited even then. My tweet stated while family, staff, former player and fans paid their respects, this led some people to ask why they could not attend, sadly my ill chosen words may have caused this. What was meant was, fans used various platforms to pay their respects.  While my annoyance aimed the club’s senior management/ potential ownership at our great club who could not bring themselves to post a photo of Pierre with RIP below on the the day turned into anger overnight when 24 hrs later there was still Nothing. Hence the tweet, to those that may have misunderstood my tweet I offer my sincerest apologies to any upset I may have caused, to those in the position at CAFC to see that authorisation to post a remembrance photo was given, you are nothing short of a disgrace. 
    Ray
    I don't think you should have to apologise to anyone. It's incredibly shit behaviour from the SMT at the club if we even have one.

Your frustration is entirely understandable. 
  • Options
    Nice that the club have been able to finally post something
  • Options
    Thank you for the explanation Olly.
  • Options
    Well done Olly.
  • Options
    Ray - you are a good man, and no apology is needed 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Whilst most of us didn't know Pierre, he was a young man who died representing our club. To have his life and exciting future taken away from him in such needless circumstances is such a tragedy, we can and should never forget it. It is why a memorial is so important and cannot be lost. It is also why you don't need to apologise.