Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NBA Basketball

Comments

• edited June 2022
    I think it started to click when Draymond signed in 2012, they got to the conference semis that year. Then the next year they signed Iguodala. So they were getting there before Kerr joined.

Don't get me wrong, Kerr's obviously a good coach and no doubt improved them, but i still think a lot of the success is down to the 3 stars 'coming of age'. They'd have won championships with other coaches i'm sure. I mean 2 of their 3 title wins they also had Durant as well. It'd be harder not to win!
  • That’s true. Only time will tell I suppose. 
  • Incredible performance from Curry. 2-1 down in the series, away from home in a hostile environment against the best defence in the league. He gets 43 points to save the series and they go back to San Francisco 2-2.
  • Yes. What a game that was. Unbelievable. 
  • Klay also turned up with some big shots and great defensive play. Him going missing in game 3 was a huge factor. I think from here Boston will probably feel they hold the edge. But if GSW have Klay and Curry firing in two of the last 3 games then it tops it slightly in their favour. 
    Be interesting to see how long Robert Williams holds up as well. He looks liked he’s played injured in the last two and even then he’s been absolutely colossal. 
  • Klay also turned up with some big shots and great defensive play. Him going missing in game 3 was a huge factor. I think from here Boston will probably feel they hold the edge. But if GSW have Klay and Curry firing in two of the last 3 games then it tops it slightly in their favour. 
    Be interesting to see how long Robert Williams holds up as well. He looks liked he’s played injured in the last two and even then he’s been absolutely colossal. 
    Why would they think that having just blown home advantage and a chance to go 3-1 up? 
  • edited June 2022
    Klay also turned up with some big shots and great defensive play. Him going missing in game 3 was a huge factor. I think from here Boston will probably feel they hold the edge. But if GSW have Klay and Curry firing in two of the last 3 games then it tops it slightly in their favour. 
    Why would they think that having just blown home advantage and a chance to go 3-1 up? 
    Outside of Curry shooting 40 points they would have done. Even if like I mentioned Thompson and to an extent Jordan Poole showed up. They’ll be telling themselves Curry isn’t shooting over 40 in two of the next 3 and they would win. Problem is, it’s well in his capability to shoot 40+ 
  • The thing with the Warriors is any other player can explode with points at any time. Wiggins, Poole, Thomson. So it’s not just about Curry. Also, it was their defence in the last 4 minutes or so that helped give them that separation to win the game. That was the plan and they got it done. The next games will be brutal. 
  • edited June 2022
    Boston were iffy closing out their series against Milwaukee and Miami but I think they'll have a little too much. They have more people making shots at important times and over 6-7 games I think their size and rebounding will prevail. A couple of GSW players are due big scoring games but so is Tatum.

I hope I'm wrong though!
  • Unreal performance from Wiggins. Can’t help but feel that was Boston’s chance. Draymond breaking records as usual…first player ever to foul out in 3 games of a finals. 
    Curry had an absolute stinker by his standards. 
    3-2 GSW and a chance to seal it in Boston in game 6. 
  • Sponsored links:

• .Great result. Wiggins stepped up. Curry’s shooting  was just off but he was strong on defense. Momentum definitely now with the Warriors. The Warriors defense won them the game tonight. 
  • Boston are generally considered to be the leagues best defence, but they're being out-defended.

Wiggins was immense, but the bench players also scoring valuable points. Payton and Poole scored 29, Boston's bench players combined scored 4 (not counting the final dead minute of the game).
  • Also after 233 games, Curry's streak of games with a 3 pointer comes to an end.
  • I wonder how much of a psychological effect Poole’s buzzer beating 3 at the end of the 3rd had. Boston had played that quarter perfectly, coming back from a 16 point deficit and were leading until Poole got off a shot with 0.1 remaining to give GS a 1 point lead. Boston then came out in the final like that shot alone had beaten them. 
  • Could be. It’s amazing how little things like that can affect the momentum in Basketball. Especially in the finals where everyone is so amped up. Compulsive viewing. 
  • Just seen Steph Curry hit 3 three pointers in the third quarter 72-52 up 5 mins plus left in this quarter.
    think they just said he’s 5 from 6 three pointers in this game 21 points 
    looks like it’s all done 
  • edited June 2022
    Maybe not 
    a lead of 22 down to 12
    with a 12-2 run
    2 mins of third quarter left 
    Curry’s missed his last 2 or 3 three pointers 
  • 76-66 going in to the last 
  • GSW have missed their last ten 3 point efforts 
    lead by 9 with 6 mins plus left 
  • Ends 103-90 
    GSW 2022 NBA Champions 
  • Sponsored links:

• 34 points for Curry

4th title in 8 years for The Warriors (I wondered why my 10 year old chose them as his team , snake ) 
    ying to the Charlton yang 
  • I’m so pleased the Warriors won. They just wore the Celtics down. Last game was the same. Again, their defense came out on top. Steph Curry was really emotional at the end. 
  • Tatum was awful, apparently the first player in history to have over 100 turnovers in the post-season.

I too was pleased Warriors won, and even more pleased Curry got finals MVP at last. But i think it was kind of a disappointing finals overall, every game was a blow out, not one close game at all.
  • Yes. Once the Warriors got the number of Boston the series fizzled out. I really thought it was going to be a classic but the Warriors just wore them down and won the last 2 games pretty easily. 
  • Boston didn't have their usual hustle and bustle. I didn't think they would lose 3 in a row.

They must have been more worn out after long series against Milwaukee and Miami, GSW should send thank you cards to Giannis and Butler for dragging those out to 7 games.
  • The summer is going to be crazy seeing where Kyrie and KD end up. 

The Wolves have destroyed the market giving up 1st rounders for Gobert. How many will it take now for KD. 

Raptors favourites for him now. 
  • Anyone following this years play offs?

8th seed Miami pulling off a major upset by eliminating the top seeded Bucks in the East. Incredible series from Jimmy Butler including 2 of the best individual play off performances in history in the last 2 games.

Knicks have looked good and easily (and perhaps surprisingly) beat the Cavs.

76ers also look strong but their chances will depend on the fitness of Embiid. I'd expect them to play Celtics next and the winner of that series to go on and win the East.

In the West the Suns look really good and face top seeded Nuggets next.
    Warriors were in trouble at 2-0 down but came good when it matters and now lead 3-2. 
  • Not happy that the Lakers have been taken to game 6 with the Grizzlies. Should have wrapped it up last night.

Agree on the Bucks going out though.
  • Ross said:
    Not happy that the Lakers have been taken to game 6 with the Grizzlies. Should have wrapped it up last night.

Must win for the Lakers i think, as i don't see them winning a game 7 back in Memphis.
  • Ross said:
    Not happy that the Lakers have been taken to game 6 with the Grizzlies. Should have wrapped it up last night.

Must win for the Lakers i think, as i don't see them winning a game 7 back in Memphis.
    Hoping for Austin Reaves playoff MVP