Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If PV and AB

Don't come in who would you like as an owner instead of ESI?.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone right now, who can actually stabilize our club. 
  • Options
    God
  • Options
    Wee Jimmy Krankie and Elvis Costello
  • Options
    Serious answers please.
  • Options
    Serious answers please.
    How can we answer it seriously though as we dont know who would be genuinely interested - Id have considered Huw Jenkins but not now seeing he's got links himself to Chris Farnell
  • Options
    I hear there is a Belgian Businessman looking to get into English Football, Roland something

Maybe he would be worth a call
  • Options
    What club? It seems we are F#CKED. Happy Days.....😁 I'd like Vader and Palatine to build a CAFC empire. We rule the galaxy and I'd trade in The Valley for playing on a zero gravity Death Star. Then we obliterate Croydon as a test.... bye-bye Palarse. I'm rambling, it's all bollocks. Sadly, I feel, we are done as a club.🤷🏻‍♂️😢
  • Options
    Serious answers please.
    Who would you like then?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Fumbluff said:
    Wee Jimmy Krankie and Elvis Costello
    I don't mind Jimmy but Costello won't be fully committed as he'll have one eye on the detectives all the time .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barclay seems to be the only genuine serious party. As someone has said, Jenkins has links with Farnell so that raises eyebrows. 

We don't want shite like the Portuguese consortium. It's not a case of who would you want, because it's 100% dependant on who would be interested. In a dream world I would have Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos but it's not going to happen. 
  • Options
    On the basis that we don’t know who is interested, it’s difficult to answer.

woukd the Aussie or Cardiff guys come back to the negotiating table 
  • Options
    Anyone with just a few quid (and a few morals) to keep us afloat, back LB to build a squad to get us up and keep us in the champ 

not fussed about the prem gravy train 
  • Options
    George Clinton as manager and Bootsy Collins as assistant.
  • Options
    Oh, serious answers.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    George Clinton as manager and Bootsy Collins as assistant.
    One football club under a grove
  • Options
    I would like to rotate ownership. 

Some Johnny, no one has heard of every few months say, then another chancer for his go. Makes it all a bit edgier, a bit woah!

Hold on?
  • Options
    Serious answers please.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone who wants to run the club as a football club, not an investment opportunity or a means to make a quick buck.
    Someone with the financial clout and business acumen to keep the club on a sound financial footing while staying out of trouble in the Championship and maybe daring to dream of more aspirational things.
    Someone who will take an active interest in the footballing side of things, attend matches, care about the results, but will respect the autonomy of the playing management team to manage the team without interference.
    Someone who will give the manager fair backing and reasonable patience.
    Someone who will respect the history of the club, but not be afraid to innovate and develop the club into the future.
    Someone who will continue to back and invest in our excellent youth system so we can continue to be excited and proud of home grown players, and who will want keep those players so we can enjoy them for more than half a season before they get snapped up by bigger clubs.

That to me is what a good football club owner should strive to do. Who that person is and if they have interest in Charlton I have no idea, but as they do those things I will be a very happy Addick.

To quote the Backstreet Boys

I don't care who you are
    Where you're from
    What you did
    As long as you love me

• Options
    Tell me why? 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Curbs 16/1, but I think I'd like Feargal Sharkey to come in
  • Options
    Got a good heart that one...
  • Options
    Tell me why? 

Someone who wants to run the club as a football club, not an investment opportunity or a means to make a quick buck.
    Someone with the financial clout and business acumen to keep the club on a sound financial footing while staying out of trouble in the Championship and maybe daring to dream of more aspirational things.
    Someone who will take an active interest in the footballing side of things, attend matches, care about the results, but will respect the autonomy of the playing management team to manage the team without interference.
    Someone who will give the manager fair backing and reasonable patience.
    Someone who will respect the history of the club, but not be afraid to innovate and develop the club into the future.
    Someone who will continue to back and invest in our excellent youth system so we can continue to be excited and proud of home grown players, and who will want keep those players so we can enjoy them for more than half a season before they get snapped up by bigger clubs.

That to me is what a good football club owner should strive to do. Who that person is and if they have interest in Charlton I have no idea, but as they do those things I will be a very happy Addick.

To quote the Backstreet Boys

I don't care who you are
    Where you're from
    What you did
    As long as you love me

The first 90% of this is a decent post. 

You may disagree, but I want it that way.
    Come on you 2 the OP wanted serious answers. Quit playing games. 
  • Options
    Got a good heart that one...
    Can’t help thinking, that there may be undertones to this happening.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Someone who will pass the EFL's test within a 2-week period
  • Options
    A consortium of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Bernard Arnault, Warren Buffet, Larry Ellison, Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk