Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is the biggest villain...

In no particular order.....   

Duchatelet
Meire
Southall
Nimer
Amis
Heller
Van Seventeer
Hirst
Bassini
Farnell
Elliot
Keohane
Blunt
Murrey
Taylor
Solly

Any one I have missed out...?  What a depressing list of people.

Oh... And when did Charlton last get into a relegation battle but not go down?

Comments

• Options
    CARD
    What a twat. I thought that you'd crawled back under your stone. 
  • Options
    Roland
  • Options
    A bigger collection of crooks, chancers and shitheads you couldn't wish to find.
  • Options
    In terms of this season, ESI, more than Roland

Roland may have been an awful owner, but at least there was some sort of normality, and Bowyer and Gallen were able to build a decent squad. When you have new owners who go straight into a transfer embargo which STILL hasn't been lifted, what chance do you have. And frankly our club has been a total embarrassment since they took over

Yes Roland was at fault for selling to them, but they have to take the main share of the blame.
  • Options
    In terms of this season, ESI, more than Roland

Roland may have been an awful owner, but at least there was some sort of normality, and Bowyer and Gallen were able to build a decent squad. When you have new owners who go straight into a transfer embargo which STILL hasn't been lifted, what chance do you have. And frankly our club has been a total embarrassment since they took over

Yes Roland was at fault for selling to them, but they have to take the main share of the blame.
    That’s kind of my take, we thought it couldn’t get worse than Roland but little did we know...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Deleted as I shouldn't have bitten
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The EFL have a part to play. Not sure they're the biggest villain for us specifically, but they facilitate the downfall and misery of its constituent members like no other organisation I've ever heard of.
  • Options
    CARD
    You’re still allowed on this forum?
  • Options
    dickad1 said:
    Still think Murray is right up there.

Remember he stood up and supported a man who's A game was to build flats on the Valley.

Vermin
    Murray is not a villain. His judgment, decision making and behaviour are the issues. 

Duchatalet is the architect of all of this. He had the financial capacity to turn the club around and the emotional intelligence to fuck it. The latter prevailed and became amplified as the protests escalated. 

He purchased the club with minimal due diligence and a business plan that had no regard for the identity and culture of our club. He sold it to chancers to whom these matters were not even questions. 
     Agreed. But Duchatelet cared not one jot for the club and never claimed to.

A man who did claim to stood by him every step of the way.
  • Options
    For me it all started with Murray and his ego and all along this decline he has been involved with every shocking decision which has slowly destroyed this great club. 
    Absolutely this.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    dickad1 said:

Remember he stood up and supported a man who's A game was to build flats on the Valley.

Vermin
    Murray is not a villain. His judgment, decision making and behaviour are the issues. 

Duchatalet is the architect of all of this. He had the financial capacity to turn the club around and the emotional intelligence to fuck it. The latter prevailed and became amplified as the protests escalated

He purchased the club with minimal due diligence and a business plan that had no regard for the identity and culture of our club. He sold it to chancers to whom these matters were not even questions. 
    Not true, though, is it? Duchatelet’s fuckwittery caused the protests, which began in 2015/16. Not the other way around. Karel Fraeye was the main trigger. After 2016 - and particularly once Meire left - he mainly kept his nose out. The sacking of Slade In October 2016 was a bit of a watershed in that.
  • Options
    CARD
    Hello Nigel.
  • Options
    CARD
    What a twat. I thought that you'd crawled back under your stone. 
    Nigel could not resist it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dushitelet is the root of all the problems.
  • Options
    Roland. 
    He was always the number one villain for me.
    Now he has separated the ground and the club he has fucked us good and proper. 
    100% Rambo 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If your wife leaves the front door open because she can't be arsed to close it and thieves come in and nick everything. Do you blame her or the thieves? They are all to blame but the initial negligence causes the problem.  I don't have to say what Duchatelet deserves and what I imagine myself giving him. I'm sure most on here are thinking the same thing so no need to say it!
  • Options
    Roland. 
    He was always the number one villain for me.
    Now he has separated the ground and the club he has fucked us good and proper. 

100% This.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire or stung by a jelly fish, but would in every other circumstance. Total disgrace of a man. 
  • Options
    This is a much tougher question than it seems at first. 

RD - isn’t welcome, so “sold” the club and “left”
    ESI - “bought” the club and offered Taylor and Bowyer new contracts. 
    Murray - has had no real part to play for several years now.
    THE OTHER PERIPHERAL NAMES - I can’t point to any concrete decision they made that had a direct effect on the last 9 games. 
    Elliott - could do nothing until EFL approved the “sale”. 
    Taylor - did not want to jeopardise his future when his contract expires. 
    Solly - was not really playing often anyway
    EFL - haven’t deviated from any of their rules or treated any team differently from another. 

Maybe the real villain is the virus?
    i can’t help thinking that our support would have brought more points in those final 9 games, than we got in empty stadia. 

• Options

Vermin
    Cretin of the highest order 
  • Options
    This is a much tougher question than it seems at first. 

RD - isn’t welcome, so “sold” the club and “left”
    ESI - “bought” the club and offered Taylor and Bowyer new contracts. 
    Murray - has had no real part to play for several years now.
    THE OTHER PERIPHERAL NAMES - I can’t point to any concrete decision they made that had a direct effect on the last 9 games. 
    Elliott - could do nothing until EFL approved the “sale”. 
    Taylor - did not want to jeopardise his future when his contract expires. 
    Solly - was not really playing often anyway
    EFL - haven’t deviated from any of their rules or treated any team differently from another. 

Maybe the real villain is the virus?
    i can’t help thinking that our support would have brought more points in those final 9 games, than we got in empty stadia. 

The virus has simply shone a light on the unsustainable finances going on in most football clubs.  If we had played out the last 9 games to crowds at the time they were scheduled to take place, we may well have stayed up, but the problems behind our scenes are very much down to an incompetent previous owner, foolish and unethical incumbent owners v1, and potential scam artist owners v2
  • Options
    Not true, though, is it? Duchatelet’s fuckwittery caused the protests, which began in 2015/16. Not the other way around. Karel Fraeye was the main trigger. After 2016 - and particularly once Meire left - he mainly kept his nose out. The sacking of Slade In October 2016 was a bit of a watershed in that.
    He should have had the intelligence to realise this wasn’t for him and got out at that point then. 

Instead there’s been next to no investment on the football side, no proper management structure or leadership (Bowyer aside), continued rantings via official club channels, the Bowyer contract debacle last summer and a fantasy valuation(s) that has put off credible purchasers and ultimately separated the club from its ground, again! The latter the most sensitive of issues for many Charlton fans.

Arguably his procrastination, greed and stubbornness on the way out of the door have fucked us much more than the mad plan with which he entered the building.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    ROLAND DUCHATELET

"It was vital for the long-term health of Charlton Athletic that this deal was completed at the very start of the January transfer window. It allows the new owners to commit resources to the football side in order to bring in new players who will help secure the club's position in the Championship.

"This is a hugely exciting time for everybody involved with Charlton Athletic and I believe the club is in safe hands with His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer, Matt Southall and Jonathan Heller."

Irresponsible fantasist who came to our club with zero ambition for the playing side and left it in the hands of the criminal fraternity.