Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Administration an option now?

Comments

• Options
    redman said:
    I don't see how admin solves anything. The real problem is mainly Roland still owning the ground and Sparrows Lane. Admin doesn't help here as he would still own it. Needs everyone being sensible. Trouble is with the characters involved that's not likely to be the case. 
    Who is going to put us in admin anyway? not going to be the owners, they would lose everything. 
    Creditors, they could keep it going for quite a few months selling Phillips, Doughty, Bowyer in the hope of a mad buyer 
    It wipes the debt, which is what is driving his price. It pushes £7m ex-director loans on to him. It leaves him at risk of picking up the business rates, security, insurance and utilities on the two sites, with no rent. The business will collapse into admin if it is not able to compete in the EFL with the current owners and cannot be sold to new ones because of Duchatelet.
    Could you explain what debt you are referring to...?  I thought the only debt was on the books to the club. How is this "wiped". We don't owe any major creditor (yet) & the staff & players have been paid to date.

As someone posted above, I think going into administration would be a very bad idea
     Starting next season on -12 points with hardly any experienced players is a recipe for disaster. Just ask Bolton. And there is no guarantee that AB/PV would buy us, or that the Administratiors would sell the club to them.
    Phillps
    lockyer
    pearce
    purrington
    pratley
    lapslie
    morgan
    oztumer
    bonne
    aneke

whete do you get hardly any experienced players?

lots of teams in league 1 have released lots of players. Our squad remains what it has been this season, a good league 1 squad

• Options
    If administration really does rid us of both RD and ESI, then bring it on. Luton have just shown that you can eventually recover from that peril.
    Probably not the best example given the spent 5 years in non league and another 5 in league 2.
  • Options
    redman said:
    I don't see how admin solves anything. The real problem is mainly Roland still owning the ground and Sparrows Lane. Admin doesn't help here as he would still own it. Needs everyone being sensible. Trouble is with the characters involved that's not likely to be the case. 
    Who is going to put us in admin anyway? not going to be the owners, they would lose everything. 
    Creditors, they could keep it going for quite a few months selling Phillips, Doughty, Bowyer in the hope of a mad buyer 
    It wipes the debt, which is what is driving his price. It pushes £7m ex-director loans on to him. It leaves him at risk of picking up the business rates, security, insurance and utilities on the two sites, with no rent. The business will collapse into admin if it is not able to compete in the EFL with the current owners and cannot be sold to new ones because of Duchatelet.
    Could you explain what debt you are referring to...?  I thought the only debt was on the books to the club. How is this "wiped". We don't owe any major creditor (yet) & the staff & players have been paid to date.

As someone posted above, I think going into administration would be a very bad idea
     Starting next season on -12 points with hardly any experienced players is a recipe for disaster. Just ask Bolton. And there is no guarantee that AB/PV would buy us, or that the Administratiors would sell the club to them.
    Phillps
    lockyer
    pearce
    purrington
    pratley
    lapslie
    morgan
    oztumer
    bonne
    aneke

lots of teams in league 1 have released lots of players. Our squad remains what it has been this season, a good league 1 squad

Where are you getting the word 'squad' from? You've just listed 10 players. 

And yes, lots of teams may have released players...........but we can't sign anyone because of the embargo.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If we went into admin now, maybe that would encourage the EFL to penalise Wednesday and it will save Wigan. The Championship season hasn't ended until 4 August. It could save us too in terms of our future, rather than league position and give us a fighting chance next season in League One with scum like Duchatelet and the crooks removed. 
  • Options
    Can someone explain how/why we would go into admin if wages and bills are being paid on time?

I get that we don't know who is paying them, but they are being paid. 
  • Options
    If we say we can't pay the next round I assume. That is about a week away and the Championship season does not end until August 4 when all outcomes are decided.
  • Options
    redman said:

Phillps
    lockyer
    pearce
    purrington
    pratley
    lapslie
    morgan
    oztumer
    bonne
    aneke

Where are you getting the word 'squad' from? You've just listed 10 players. 

And yes, lots of teams may have released players...........but we can't sign anyone because of the embargo.
    The original post said we don’t have any experienced players. I listed 10 off the top of my head. Add oshi, doughty, Davison and Forster-caskey, that’s 14. Plus a few loan and maybe weirdu and Venning and that’s a good league 1 match day squad.

Yes we are in trouble but in true Charlton life fashion, the negativity on here is so exaggerated.  League 1 has changed a lot in 12 months. Wimbledon released all players out of contract and currently have 10 pros. They are not the only ones. I don’t want to be in league 1 but we are a big fish. And a lot of the smaller fish are also in trouble.

we have one arm tied behind our back but teams like Rochdale who have had no income since February are also going to struggle. 

• Options
    Except they are Palace. That's enough. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If we went into admin now, maybe that would encourage the EFL to penalise Wednesday and it will save Wigan. The Championship season hasn't ended until 4 August. It could save us too in terms of our future, rather than league position and give us a fighting chance next season in League One with scum like Duchatelet and the crooks removed. 
    I really don’t think it will take Duchatelet out of the picture. He’ll still own the ground and the training ground with no real incentive to sell for less than it’s worth*, certainly not quickly. 

*worth in his eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    How about Leicester then? Or Southampton?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Where do we go from here? 
    Is it down to the lake I fear?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Where do we go from here? 
    Is it down to the lake I fear?
    Well, it isn’t a fantastic day.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    redman said:

Any buyer outside admin is currently picking up a £50m commitment in four years’ time that will make no possible sense.
    If we went into administration and found new owners would Duchatelet   be willing to let us continue playing and training on his property? would new agreements need drawing up? If it were me I think I know what position I'd take. You have mentioned in the past about Duchatelets dreams for the Valley. Obviously you remember the last time a landlord had plans for the carpark to the rear of the old grand stand, years playing at other grounds.

Also I havent got a clue about these things other than |I know when a firm goes into administration lots of small people get trod on, potentially knocking them into financial difficulties. A filthy thing to do just to avoid your commitments.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    How about Leicester then? Or Southampton?
    Fair enough
  • Options
    “Also I havent got a clue about these things other than |I know when a firm goes into administration lots of small people get trod on, potentially knocking them into financial difficulties. A filthy thing to do just to avoid your commitments.“
    The impact of administration on a variety of small creditors is an important point ... it’s not only the current owners of club and ground who will be hurt.
  • Options
    rambeau said:
    “Also I havent got a clue about these things other than |I know when a firm goes into administration lots of small people get trod on, potentially knocking them into financial difficulties. A filthy thing to do just to avoid your commitments.“
    The impact of administration on a variety of small creditors is an important point ... it’s not only the current owners of club and ground who will be hurt.
    Didn’t the fans of Southampton club together and make sure that the small businesses that got knocked by them going into admin got their money?
  • Options
    rambeau said:
    True but the number will be sharply reduced by the fact we han’t staged a match in public since March.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Aside from ESI, are there other creditors who are ready to enforce their debts to push us into Administration?
  • Options
    Aside from ESI, are there other creditors who are ready to enforce their debts to push us into Administration?
    Whether there are or not, will ESI continue to pay the bills if refused access to L1?
  • Options
    The damage done to local businesses is hard granted but would be worse if Charlton fade and die. The Belgian will be the biggest loser and we are talking millions. Yes he will still have the property but the squeeze will be on him and he will have to satisfy the ex directors loans. Airman could probably give you the final figure but it's, in my opinion, the one option to hurt him and start the process of removing his influence over our club. 
  • Options
    Whether there are or not, will ESI continue to pay the bills if refused access to L1?
    If there are no players, no costs of the ground or training ground what bills would they be left with?

If there are minimal external creditors, baring the ex directors and Roland, wouldn't liquidation be a cheaper option for them? 
  • Options
    Do we have to effectively reapply each year to the EFL for our membership/golden ticket to be rolled over? I had assumed it was an automatic rollover??
  • Options
    Do we even have an idea when League 1 is going to start? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Seen early October mentioned but not concrete
  • Options
    If they didn't want to end the season without fans, how can they afford to start before the PMs fantasy of normality in October? also I suspect we wouldn't be the only club starting on -12 
  • Options
    rambeau said:
    True but the number will be sharply reduced by the fact we han’t staged a match in public since March.
    Does anyone else remember how we took the moral high ground when Palace went into administration? It was the last scrap of high ground we had over Palace. That's how low we've sunk as a club, ethically as well as in football terms. There may be fewer small businessess affected but those businessess are likely already suffering due to the lockdown.

I recall Palace fans clubbed together to pay the money owing to the St John's Ambulance Service. I suggest if admin happens we consider something similar. Maybe if there is anyone of good character still working at the club they could be persuaded to organise it? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Peterborough director said it'll be confirmed by the EFL tomorrow so expect some news around March.

I think September 12th is the rumoured date