Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sarr to Coventry ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    new contract ? .. not for me .. he's unreliable and flaky under pressure .. money will be tight, I believe he's on a good earner .. if so, the money would be better spent, on a proven striker for instance
    You won't get a 'proven' striker at this level for the wages (about £6k) Sarr has been on. 
    I'm a buyer at 6k a week....
    Red Henry speaks ... so it’s north of £6k 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Leuth said:
    ChiAddick said:
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Sarr is good enough for L1. Not sure about the championship.
    Hi is more than good enough imo. Yes he has erratic moments but if he cut out all errors then he'd be playing for a top European side with the rest of his skill set. 
    Really?? Lots of ifs there. Top european side have a word.

For the record I'm not anti Sarr. He has blinders but also has some shockers. On the left side of 3 CBs he is comfortable but when he was partnered Lockyer in a 2 instead of Pearce he was exposed.

Yes his distribution is good at times but he has no pace at all, isn't great in the air and gets bullied. Not sure any of that can be argued with. 
    Apart from freezing against Millwall (and still getting fouled, but that's another argument ;) ), how many cast-iron shockers (as opposed to getting beaten by a good ball across, like last week) that have led to goals can you think of? 

I don't think he was exposed at all when partnered by Lockyer, that Millwall game aside. There was a game against Preston where he was subbed off because he did some ill-advised ball-juggling and had to take a yellow, but it was Pearce and his grubby hands that actually lost us that one
    Wigan on Saturday was a shocker, he was 5 yards behind Pearce and Lockyer, had he been up with them as he absolutely should have then that ball was cut out. No excuse for that.
    Agreed, it's not just his obvious mistakes that let him down. His positioning is suspect at times. He just had so many lapses in concentration which led to such inconsistency. When he's on form though he's a mid-table Championship CB easily. 
    F That when he's on form I'd argue he's upper Championship.

He works best in a 4 man defence mind. 
  • Options
    Amazing as it sounds - Nabbs would go to a Prem club. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Leuth said:
    ChiAddick said:
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Hi is more than good enough imo. Yes he has erratic moments but if he cut out all errors then he'd be playing for a top European side with the rest of his skill set. 

For the record I'm not anti Sarr. He has blinders but also has some shockers. On the left side of 3 CBs he is comfortable but when he was partnered Lockyer in a 2 instead of Pearce he was exposed.

Yes his distribution is good at times but he has no pace at all, isn't great in the air and gets bullied. Not sure any of that can be argued with. 
    Apart from freezing against Millwall (and still getting fouled, but that's another argument ;) ), how many cast-iron shockers (as opposed to getting beaten by a good ball across, like last week) that have led to goals can you think of? 

I don't think he was exposed at all when partnered by Lockyer, that Millwall game aside. There was a game against Preston where he was subbed off because he did some ill-advised ball-juggling and had to take a yellow, but it was Pearce and his grubby hands that actually lost us that one
    Wigan on Saturday was a shocker, he was 5 yards behind Pearce and Lockyer, had he been up with them as he absolutely should have then that ball was cut out. No excuse for that.
    Agreed, it's not just his obvious mistakes that let him down. His positioning is suspect at times. He just had so many lapses in concentration which led to such inconsistency. When he's on form though he's a mid-table Championship CB easily. 

Agreed, I meant mid table at least. 
  • Options
    I love watching Naby play. He can be inconsistent, but it's worth it for those moments of beauty where he scores a last minute winner or a beautiful cross field ball
  • Options
    Gonna get the winner tonight, and leave on a high note!
  • Options
    I love watching Naby play. He can be inconsistent, but it's worth it for those moments of beauty where he scores a last minute winner or a beautiful cross field ball
    Just what I look for in a centre back.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Leuth said:
    ChiAddick said:
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:

Surely he works better in a back 3, where he can wander a bit knowing there are 2 "stoppers" behind him?

In a back 4, he has to be purely defensive minded, at which he isn't as good as Pearce

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Well they've done well for us over the years. Rufus at Wembley I, Bauer at Wembley II. CB's have scored some of the most important goals of our history. Appreciate that both Rufus and Bauer were decent defenders too though. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Leuth said:
    ChiAddick said:
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:

Surely he works better in a back 3, where he can wander a bit knowing there are 2 "stoppers" behind him?

In a back 4, he has to be purely defensive minded, at which he isn't as good as Pearce

I'm with Dazzler, I think his mind wonders a bit when he plays in a back 3/5. In a back 4 he knows he has to be more wary positionally/defensively and seems to play better. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Well they've done well for us over the years. Shirtliff at St Andrews, Rufus at Wembley I, Bauer at Wembley II. CB's have scored some of the most important goals of our history. Appreciate that both Rufus and Bauer were decent defenders too though. 
    Not forgetting ...

• Options
    Has anybody done a ‘ if he does I won’t be talking to him ‘ joke?